NFL Rewind to offer the "All-22" Film in 2012

Discussion in 'The National Football League' started by Ryan, Jun 15, 2012.

1. Ryan

Ryan THIS YEAR

I know alot of people on this board that would be interested in this.

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2012/6/15/3089640/nfl-to-make-coaches-film-available-to-fans

2. HOU-TEX

HOU-TEX Ah, Football!

I just saw people Tweeting about this, so I checked it out. I'm not gonna lie, I might be all over this.....if the wife gives the go ahead.

3. The Pencil Neck

The Pencil Neck Subscribed Contributor

4. infantrycak

infantrycak Mod. Staff Member

I am surprised the NFL Network doesn't have a regular series breaking down schemes and plays. A lot of folks have no idea what zone blocking, cover 2, Tampa 2, etc. mean. Just donate one hour a week to education rather than repeating the same stories over and over. Do it after work hours so dad's could sit down with their kids or wives so they better understand the game. I admit that was sexist, but on average...

5. Double Barrel

Double Barrel Modified Simian

Very cool!

I assume the $60 subscription is yearly? If so, $5/month is not a bad deal at all for this kind of access. It will certainly be a nice option to see individual performances throughout the course of games and seasons.

6. 76Texan

76Texan Hall of Fame

7. El Tejano

El Tejano Hall of Fame

Bill Belichek thinks this idea is great and approves of it!!!!

8. Dutchrudder

Dutchrudder COOL BEANS!

Very cool. For $60, you might as well get a friend or two to split the cost and share one account. It's not like people will be watching it all that much, but I'm sure some of the guys on the forum who like to breakdown plays could pool together and share.

The one thing that sucks about it is you can't link the plays to non-subscribers. You will need to get video captures going and edit things, post them on youtube under private mode, and then link it to share video. That's kind of a lot of hassle, but it could be useful for some things.

9. The Pencil Neck

Too bad no one here who likes to break down plays knows how to do that.

:kubepalm:

10. Dutchrudder

Dutchrudder COOL BEANS!

You say that as if it is commonplace to see videos of plays broken down. The only thing I see consistently is 76Texan's slideshow of pictures. Does anyone else do that around here? Maybe Lance Zeirlein or Dalemurphy, but that's for their websites, not really the TT forum.

11. The Pencil Neck

I was poking fun at 76Texan's threads.

12. Dutchrudder

Dutchrudder COOL BEANS!

Ah, gotcha. I was thinking about it and I believe I could do this. I don't really care to watch each play 22 different ways, but if we had a thread for requests and a system for saying X:XX time with X camera angle, I could probably cut and upload the videos. I'd just need to look at the format of the clips and the way they are presented, but I have used stuff like this before for video games. I used Fraps for WoW and CS back in the day, so I'm sure it can't be that hard to figure out how to capture the NFL films stuff. It would be especially cool if you could do side-by-side videos of the WR running the route and the QB in the pocket so you could watch them in tandem.

13. drs23

drs23 Veteran

No more VIP Suite so back to the recliner
    I caught that. :D

14. The Pencil Neck

The All-22 isn't 22 different vids. It's one video from high enough that you can see what all 22 players are doing on the field. This way, you can more easily read what all the different player's assignments probably are.

Just doing screen captures the way 76 used to do would be fine for making a point and given plenty of information for a more detailed discussion of things than we've been able to have in the past. But there's still going to be disagreement on which guy was supposed to do what and which guy busted their assignment.

15. b0ng

b0ng Ooops

The only other way you can really do motion is to make a .gif out of what you screen capture, and add your arrows and whatnot as you go through. I think a program like gimp could do it.

This is so worth $60 I'll probably get it this season.

16. Dutchrudder

Dutchrudder COOL BEANS!

FTA:
    Sounds like quite a few different angles of each play to me. Maybe not 22, but certainly more than one. I honestly don't know what to expect from it, but I'm sure there will be a lot of value in seeing the different routes and watching the protection schemes.

17. Playoffs

Playoffs Subscribed Contributor

Must be a good thing if Casserly is against it. :headhurts:

18. The Pencil Neck

Well, I sit corrected. My understanding was it was just a single angle that allowed view of the full field.

19. b0ng

b0ng Ooops

The "All-22" portion of the title refers to being able to see all 22 players on the field at once, unlike regular broadcasts which are more centered around where the ball is at. The "22" is definitely not the number of camera angles you have access to.

20. Say Watt

Say Watt Site Contributor

Spectacular idea. I understand all/most of the terms, but it would be awesome to have something my wife could watch. It would be a regularly recorded show in our house. Send them an email or something explaining your idea. Worst case scenario they just ignore it. Best case scenario they actually do it.