Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

NFL Replay: Texans v Titans tonight at 9:30 pm CST

Vinny

shiny happy fan
I've already watched it again...and it was probably as bad or worse on TV than it was live...but I'm catching NFLreplay...it's a great concept.

Kaiser Toro

Native Mod
I've already watched it again...and it was probably as bad or worse on TV than it was live...but I'm catching NFLreplay...it's a great concept.
I watched the short cut edition of the game and it is bad in ADD vision as well. Maybe this rendition of the game will shed some light on our woes. :rolleyes:

I agree it is a cool concept.

The more I think about last Sunday, while contributing to our redundant threads going on about redundant problems, the more I want to rub Flanagan's belly and wish for a Center in next year's draft.

That's right I said it. The belly.

Texans_Chick

Utopian Dreamer
I like how they stop and put excerpts from the participants explaining what they were doing or thinking at the time.

It may be hard to watch this without throwing up.

michaelm

vox nihili
It may be hard to watch this without throwing up.

Yeah, I might go ahead and purge before hand just so I can watch it with some objectivity... on the other hand, I may not... I don't want to feel guilty the next time I wear my "I beat Anorexia" t-shirt...

GP

Go Texans!
They should edit the ending, and make it look like we won.

I would watch it then.

You're a sicko if you WANT to watch us get beat like that again.

You're the type of person who tried to recruit me to watch "Faces of Death" back in the 90s. You're the person who challenges us to pee on a hot-wire fence.

Anyone who watches this, after seeing it the first time, is a sicko.

End of discussion.

TexansLucky13

53d Signal Batt
They should edit the ending, and make it look like we won.

I would watch it then.

You're a sicko if you WANT to watch us get beat like that again.

You're the type of person who tried to recruit me to watch "Faces of Death" back in the 90s. You're the person who challenges us to pee on a hot-wire fence.

Anyone who watches this, after seeing it the first time, is a sicko.

End of discussion.
Haha, nice.

I may watch the fourth quarter. I was busy selling a 42 inch panasonic plasma (two, actually) when Sage decided to go wild.

Overalls

All Pro
I've already been told by a coworker that I disapointed her because I was not gung ho enough about the rest of the Texans season so I don't want to watch it again and REALLY put myself in a bad mood.

:fans:

Yankee_In_TX

Dance Lindsay!
It just came on, I turned it off. Though I bet I'll rewatch the original HD (or upsclaed) broadcast on my DVR before I delete it.

Hardcore Texan

Magnet Man
I already re-watched it from the DVR. I finished up last night about the time it aired on NFL Network. I do really enjoy the format of NFL Replay.....it's great.

Things I noticed on the second viewing that I couldn't see at the stadium or needed the benefit of replay.

1. The Jacoby fumble was a very close, (it look like the ball started coming out before he was down) definitely couldn't be overturned, not enough visual evidence....of course I was very mad during the game and thought he was down.

2. The first interception by the titan's db (can't remeber the name) he definitely cut off Walter's route and there was illegal contact before the ball got there. It was a bad no-call. (just as I thought live)

3. The flag against Faggins for pass interference in the endzone that led to the first tack touchdown was a bad call. They were barely hand fighting at all.....if the refs are not going to call that Walter was illegally contacted (as mentioned above) how can they call this? BE CONSISTENT REFS! (just as I thought live)

4. Our offense did nothing to help our D. The D was constantly having to defend a short field, and all though they gave up a lot of field goals, what else could they do on so many short fields and never getting a breather. I guess it all goes back to our lack of running game or inability to hold on to the ball and give the D some rest. We lost the field position battle big time.

Double Barrel

Texans Talk Admin
Staff member
Contributor's Club
I really dig NFLReplay. It's cool to have a chance to watch all the other great games in a really compact formula. Then with the addition of interviews of the players/coaches about specific plays, you get into their heads and discover the method (or lack of) behind the madness.

I've seen last Sunday's game four times now (including attending). It's such a weird game, to be honest. Three quarters of being completely dominated capped by one quarter of a crazy comeback. If only we had the break for the last 57 seconds, this one would have gone down as a legendary one.

Leahmic223

Veteran
I Don't think I can watch the drama again.

I will watch though when we supposedly put White in at C(was it during the comeback?) and see how much things have changed.

I see the general feeling is that he should get his shot soon. I haven't seen him take too many snaps. I wasn't paying attention at the time too caught up in the moment that we were going to make some great comeback that would be showcased during the week and all year. I did see Green finally picking up yards...but the Jags probably played off in zones at the time and were caught by the run.

Texan_Bill

Hall of Fame
I watched the Rockets game last night, but I kept peeking over to see the Texans.. I waited until the fourth quarter to actually watch it... Well, right up until that final TD, extra point and kick-off, at which point I switched back to the Rockets game - only to watch them lose in double OT (thank God its only pre-season)...

HOU-TEX

Ah, Football!
I watched the Rockets game last night, but I kept peeking over to see the Texans.. I waited until the fourth quarter to actually watch it... Well, right up until that final TD, extra point and kick-off, at which point I switched back to the Rockets game - only to watch them lose in double OT (thank God its only pre-season)...
Doesn't it really suck sometimes being a fan of Houston sports teams? Sometimes I just want to quit being a fan of the Stros, Rockets and Texans, but damnit I can't and it pisses me off. I freaking love sports. Living in Houston for my entire (soon to be)37 years the local teams have been engraved in my heart. Even though they've ripped my heart from my chest many times, they always find a way to repair it and place it back where it belongs.

Long live Houston sports organizations!! :heart: :texflag:

Texans_Chick

Utopian Dreamer
Doesn't it really suck sometimes being a fan of Houston sports teams? Sometimes I just want to quit being a fan of the Stros, Rockets and Texans, but damnit I can't and it pisses me off. I freaking love sports. Living in Houston for my entire (soon to be)37 years the local teams have been engraved in my heart. Even though they've ripped my heart from my chest many times, they always find a way to repair it and place it back where it belongs.

I watched the second Rockets Championship in a house near the old Richmond strip. One of the best moments ever for me was walking down Richmond avenue carrying a broom celebrating the Houston sweep. And everybody was on the street--young, old, every social and ethnic background, and everyone was high fiving each other and loving life.

No rioting in Houston because of HPD, but it was hot and it was June so there were a few nekkid people. I was not one of them.

It was hard to go to work the next tday.

Professional sports, unlike other sports really have the opportunity to bring a city together like nothing else. You don't need to be an alum.

Vinny

shiny happy fan
It just came on, I turned it off. Though I bet I'll rewatch the original HD (or upsclaed) broadcast on my DVR before I delete it.
You should watch it when you get a chance...they often break down plays and get coaches POV's about what went on and they splice in interviews from the presser in between the plays they may be talking about and so on like DB states.

I really dig NFLReplay. It's cool to have a chance to watch all the other great games in a really compact formula. Then with the addition of interviews of the players/coaches about specific plays, you get into their heads and discover the method (or lack of) behind the madness.

I've seen last Sunday's game four times now (including attending). It's such a weird game, to be honest. Three quarters of being completely dominated capped by one quarter of a crazy comeback. If only we had the break for the last 57 seconds, this one would have gone down as a legendary one.
It was easier to watch than the actual game...they cut out most of our no gain plays and the mind-numbingly bad offensive footage other than the turnovers (there were a lot so I guess it's all they could fit in).

HOU-TEX

Ah, Football!
I watched the second Rockets Championship in a house near the old Richmond strip. One of the best moments ever for me was walking down Richmond avenue carrying a broom celebrating the Houston sweep. And everybody was on the street--young, old, every social and ethnic background, and everyone was high fiving each other and loving life.

No rioting in Houston because of HPD, but it was hot and it was June so there were a few nekkid people. I was not one of them.

Professional sports, unlike other sports really have the opportunity to bring a city together like nothing else. You don't need to be an alum.
My wife and I were in Cozumel during that Championship series. I was amazed how many people showed up at a local hole in the wall sports bar. It was a great time and met some cool people while watching the final game. :cool:

It was a time I'll never forget that's for sure. Although later that night I found out I was allergic to lobster/crab.

Texan_Bill

Hall of Fame

I hear ya!!

I have to laugh now, because when I would get really frustrated or angry - I wound up breaking way too much of my stuff (i.e. televisions, speakers - etc.).

HOU-TEX

Ah, Football!
I hear ya!!

I have to laugh now, because when I would get really frustrated or angry - I wound up breaking way too much of my stuff (i.e. televisions, speakers - etc.).
I'm there with ya. Although I tend to take my frustrations out on the wife and kids (verbally). Having a little fiery redhead for a wife, I usually end up with a second beat down of the day. :cool:

Texans Pride

Veteran

That was amazing....It was so much fun on Richmond that night. . .

After the touchdown that tied it up, I was hugging random men and women that I didn't eve know. . .I eve hugged a guy wearing a Mike Vick jersey on!

Steph. . . I believe I was one of those nekkid people you were refereeing to. Good seeing Vinny and you on Sunday.

The Dream

All Pro
I would watch the replay, but it hurts too much.............................................................................................................................that Vince didn't play.

Texan_Bill

Hall of Fame
I'm there with ya. Although I tend to take my frustrations out on the wife and kids (verbally). Having a little fiery redhead for a wife, I usually end up with a second beat down of the day. :cool:
Thats hilarious... I bet the "honey-do" list winds up with a few more items too..

Hardcore Texan

Magnet Man
That was amazing....It was so much fun on Richmond that night. . .

After the touchdown that tied it up, I was hugging random men and women that I didn't eve know. . .I eve hugged a guy wearing a Mike Vick jersey on!

Steph. . . I believe I was one of those nekkid people you were refereeing to. Good seeing Vinny and you on Sunday.
It was good meeting you and your wife on Sunday as well....we had a great time at the tailgate.

GlassHalfFull

Hall of Fame

I was working in Romania during the Rockets playoff/ OJ police no chase game. I would wake up at 5:00 am and catch the games live. I got to watch the whole game, unlike you guys in the states. I called home and was able to give my frustrated family play by plays. That was so surreal.

NitroGSXR

Super Sic #58
I was at the game. I attended all the NBA Finals games in Houston in 94 and 95. Every single one. The best one definitely was game seven in 1994. We got to storm the floor and if you look at the Houston Yellow Pages from the year after you can see me and my brother in the upper corner.

Having the opportunity to win it AT home two years in a row was flabbergasting. Especially against the Heat who we thought was going to sweep US. Shaq's first year I believe.

Anyway I have no idea what the chaos was like on Richmond but I'll tell you that it was electric in Compaq center. The best part? I had better seats than Robin Leach and his model girlfriend. We were in the nosebleeds. LOL!!!

Kaiser Toro

Native Mod
I would watch the replay, but it hurts too much.............................................................................................................................that Vince didn't play.
After reading this post, coupled with the lagniappe you added to your profile, I put you on my ignore list because you are simply rabble rousing. We are Texans fans here and this is blatant trolling. You have plenty of outlets to show your love and to have fun with the membership. Moreover, you will get the endless debate you desire with folks who are mental midgets. I suggest you try the main board and play with the kids for a while over there to see if that fits your needs and taste better.

76Texan

Hall of Fame
We made a lot of little basic mistakes that I think (hope) are correctable. From MS to Winston, Walter, etc. pretty much everybody. If we can cut it to half, or eliminate them all, we will be just fine. We are better than we showed in the last few games.