NFL Random Thought of the Day

Discussion in 'The National Football League' started by Wolf, Sep 11, 2011.

1. PapaL

PapaL Loose Screw

How long before a Sashi Brown should replace RS thread comes up?

2. Honoring Earl 34

Honoring Earl 34 Something Witty !

Has CnD commented about Ryan Shazier yet ?

3. austins23

austins23 Hall of Fame

12 out of 32 teams in the NFL currently have won/loss records over .500.

5 in the AFC / 7 in the NFC

4. PapaL

PapaL Loose Screw

Yes he has...there's another post too; let me try and hunt it down. I had asked in the wrong thread and he replied in the right one.

*EDIT - I'm mistaken; different convo.*

Burt Lauten‏Verified account@SteelersPRBurt

Statement from UPMC Neurosurgeons & #Steelers Team Physicians on Ryan Shazier

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 8, 2017
  5. StarStruck

StarStruck Site Contributor

I watched the Falcons vs. Saints game last night, and I am now a firm believer in witchcraft.

steelbtexan likes this.
  6. CloakNNNdagger

CloakNNNdagger Site Contributor

Previously posted in the wrong thread.

steelbtexan and PapaL like this.
  7. PapaL

PapaL Loose Screw

Week 14 Redzone YouTube link:

Bulls on Parade likes this.
  8. Wolf

Wolf 100% Texan

Per score app

9. CloakNNNdagger

10. CloakNNNdagger

Shazier has been placed on IR (surprise). He is reported to have made some slow improvement.........no description of what that means, but statement is not at all encouraging. By now, for a hopeful full recovery, would want to see significant neurologic return.

11. CloakNNNdagger

Digital evidence will be critical to NFL Network harassment lawsuit
    December 12, 2017, 10:28 AM EST

JACKSONVILLE, FL – OCTOBER 18: An NFL shield shows on the field before the Jacksonville Jaguars host the Tennessee Titans October 18, 2010 at EverBank Field in Jacksonville, Florida. (Photo by Al Messerschmidt/Getty Images)

" data-medium-file="https://nbcprofootballtalk.files.wordpress.com/2014/01/nfl-field-e1513092459683.jpg?w=320" data-large-file="https://nbcprofootballtalk.files.wordpress.com/2014/01/nfl-field-e1513092459683.jpg?w=345" style="-x-ignore: 1" width="345" height="187">
    Getty Images
    The troubling allegations made by former NFL Network employee Jami Cantor via an amended complaint filed Monday present, in many instances, something far more tangible than the he said/she said claims that often turn on who is believed, or not believed, by a judge or a jury. With allegations of texts, photos, and videos sent to Cantor, it will be easy to prove, or to disprove, that the materials were generated and sent.

The document, a copy of which has been obtained and posted by Deadspin.com, routinely cites and quotes tangible evidence that would have been digitally created and preserved.

For example, at paragraph 23(a), the amended complaint alleges that former NFL Network executive producer Eric Weinberger’s explicit text messages said that Cantor was “put on earth to pleasure me,” and that “watching you walk down the hall makes me crazy, your ass drives me insane.”

Paragraph 23(c) contends that current NFLN analyst Ike Taylor “sent [Cantor] sexually inappropriate pictures of himself, and a nude video while masturbating in the shower.”

Paragraph 23(f) alleges that former NFLN analyst Donovan McNabb sent sexually inappropriate comments via text. (The quotes in the amended complaint are very graphic, and they won’t be repeated here.)

Paragraph 23(g) claims that current NFLN analyst Heath Evans sent nude pictures of himself to Cantor “on at least two separate occasions.”

Other allegations related to things said and/or conduct occurring via direct interactions with Cantor. Specific claims of this type are made regarding Weinberger, Evans, Taylor, current NFLN analyst Marshall Faulk, former NFLN analyst Eric Davis, former NFLN analyst Warren Sapp, and NFLN talent coordinator Marc Watts.

Again, many of the specific accusations are graphic. Apart from the allegedly sexual words and deeds, Cantor claims that she worked in the men’s restroom, that Sapp came in while she was preparing clothes, that he urinated in front of her, and that when she “screamed at him to get out” Sapp said, “Sorry mama, but your office shouldn’t be our sh-tter.”

This lawsuit could drag the entire operation into the “sh-tter,” creating an enormous embarrassment for Big Shield. Even if the league can prove that Cantor was a willing participant in the banter and behavior, the league necessarily will be admitting that a toxic, sexualized atmosphere exists at the NFL-owned media operation. And that won’t be good for anybody.

12. StarStruck

StarStruck Site Contributor

Osweiler off the bench has three touchdowns, two passing, one rushing and a two point conversion. Btw, still 3rd quarter :).

13. TexansBull

TexansBull Hall of Fame

[​IMG]

14. Bulls on Parade

Bulls on Parade 2017 Astros: Earn It!

Brock Osweiler off the bench: 12-for-17 passing with 194 passing yards, 2 TDs and 0 INTs. That's 70 % completions and 11.41 yards per completion. He also added that impressive 18-yard Touchdown run (3 total TDs). More importantly he led the Broncos to a 25-12 win over the Colts.

And I'm sure somebody will say it was against a bad Colts defense. Well the Texans lost 20-14 at home against that same "bad Colts defense". So I'm not buying it. It's still the competition of the NFL.

I'm puzzled as to why the Cleveland Browns didn't just start big Brock in 2017? They were going to pay him all that money to win a game with another team. He could have won them a game or two this season. Instead they're going to likely go winless.

15. TexansBull

TexansBull Hall of Fame

You may not buy the “colts are a bad defense” because we lost at home to them. Well our bad offense was worst than their bad defense. Yea. That bad. That’s how it works.

And our defense gave up some big plays to them. I want to say TY Hilton had a career day or something. Checked. Yep. 175 yards receiving on 5 catches and 2 TDS.

And competition isn’t equal in the NFL.

Brock was here long enough to know three things -

1. He didn’t work in OBs system.
    2. He had accuracy issues with us.
    3. He is fools gold.

I put him in the Hoyer type of back up QB. Good enough to win a few games in a pinch, but not a long term solution.

steelbtexan likes this.
  16. CloakNNNdagger

Trevor Seimian looked like he suffered a posterior shoulder dislocation. I don't see how he avoids surgery. This injury is high risk to redislocation and cannot be stabilized easily.

steelbtexan likes this.
  17. PapaL

PapaL Loose Screw

JB likes this.
  18. MightyTExan

MightyTExan It's go time!

Brett Hundley is terrible. I saw receivers open on every play last night and he's just holding onto the ball.

19. PapaL

PapaL Loose Screw

Week 16 YouTube RedZone:

steelbtexan likes this.
  20. Bulls on Parade

Bulls on Parade 2017 Astros: Earn It!

Falcons lost: Check!
    Lions lost: Check!

All the Dallas Cowboys had to do was defeat the Seahawks and they would have went into the final game of the season very much alive for that final wild-card spot in the NFC.

Scratches my head in disbelief that the Cowboys lost 21-12, especially after they seemingly dominated that first half. They did everything right except put points on the board. Also the Dez Bryant fumble and two missed field goals by Dan Bailey didn't help.