Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

NFL Random Thought of the Day

CloakNNNdagger

Hall of Fame
The Packers RG Lane Taylor will undergo knee surgery and miss the rest of the season. The Packers have still not identified the injury, which I feel strongly is another ACL. The reporting is not mandated to report the exact type of injury and to which area and side. Anything beyond requires HIPAA release from the player. Some players will give it, others won't. It will be interesting if we are told exactly what the injury was after the surgery is performed.

OptimisticTexan

2024 / Rebuilding Block 4 After Playoffs / Texans
The Packers RG Lane Taylor will undergo knee surgery and miss the rest of the season. The Packers have still not identified the injury, which I feel strongly is another ACL. The reporting is not mandated to report the exact type of injury and to which area and side. Anything beyond requires HIPAA release from the player. Some players will give it, others won't. It will be interesting if we are told exactly what the injury was after the surgery is performed.
Any chance the Packers would take Felton off the Texans hands?

CloakNNNdagger

Hall of Fame
The way Bouye landed with his arm outstretch, his shoulder injury must be a shoulder dislocation. He undoubtedly will have suffered a labral tear. It is probable that he will try to rehab the shoulder and avoid surgery as long as he can. We'll probably see him in a shoulder brace in a couple of weeks. If he suffers anoutherdislocation this season, he will not be able to stall off surgery to after the season's end.

CloakNNNdagger

Hall of Fame
Taylor's knee injury has been confirmed to be an ACL..................ACL #11.

Last edited:

CloakNNNdagger

Hall of Fame
The Saints have lost their elite WR Michael Thomas to a significant ankle sprain...............a high ankle sprain. He suffered it week 1 and actually after the game he thought he could probably play through it. However, when he was thoroughly examined, he was told that it was much worse than he thought and that he would have to rest and rehab to significantly extend his injury and lose even more playing time. This is something new to Thomas, who has only missed 1 game. And that was in his 2016 rookie season.

CloakNNNdagger

Hall of Fame
NFL officials cut way down on holding flags in Week One
Posted by Michael David Smith on September 16, 2020, 10:28 AM EDT

Last year, the NFL told officials to make offensive holding calls a point of emphasis, resulting in an increase in flags. This year, things have changed.

NFL officials threw only 18 flags for offensive holding in Week One, a 78 percent decline from last year, according to ESPN.

The league isn’t saying whether it specifically told officials that they were calling too many ticky-tack holding penalties last year, but it seems likely that as part of the officials’ offseason training, they were told not to go overboard with the holding flags.
Penalties were down overall from last year in Week One of this year, which was good news from a watchability standpoint:
Although there were concerns that a regular season without a preseason would result in sloppy play, the quality of the games was high. The officials may have helped that along by letting the marginal holding calls go.

CloakNNNdagger

Hall of Fame
Richard Sherman on IR..........reported as undisclosed injury, but a calf tear. Makes me seriously wonder if he is not actually dealing with an Achilles issue again (calf injury can potentially be a somewhat deceptive description...............Achilles tendon technically lower part of the calf). March 2018, he underwent a " minor'' left Achilles tendon surgery.........after having ruptured his right Achilles tendon the previous November.

CloakNNNdagger

Hall of Fame
Joey Bosa came out of the last game with an "undisclosed injury." He went back into the game wearing...........

1600303977006.png

.........a hint of the triceps injury with which he ended up not practicing today.

CloakNNNdagger

Hall of Fame
Posted during Titans-Broncos game:

The way Bouye landed with his arm outstretch, his shoulder injury must be a shoulder dislocation. He undoubtedly will have suffered a labral tear. It is probable that he will try to rehab the shoulder and avoid surgery as long as he can. We'll probably see him in a shoulder brace in a couple of weeks. If he suffers anoutherdislocation this season, he will not be able to stall off surgery to after the season's end.
Bouye has been placed on IR.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
I watched some of the Browns and Bengals while I was waiting for my to go food at Saltgrass. (I got a piece of paper in my salad, Yummy) I saw #77 on the Browns kicking Readers butt all over the field.

I wanted BOB to re-sign Reader, but he's looking like crap tonight. Somebody tell me how he does in the 2nd half. I'm currently watching the US open highlights. Patrick Reed, who's from Spring just made a hole in 1. (Awesomeness)

austins23

Hall of Fame
I watched some of the Browns and Bengals while I was waiting for my to go food at Saltgrass. (I got a piece of paper in my salad, Yummy) I saw #77 on the Browns kicking Readers butt all over the field.

I wanted BOB to re-sign Reader, but he's looking like crap tonight. Somebody tell me how he does in the 2nd half. I'm currently watching the US open highlights. Patrick Reed, who's from Spring just made a hole in 1. (Awesomeness)
Hunt and Chubb are stomping the Bengals run D. I've seen Reader make ONE tackle. EDIT: The Browns have 205 yards rushing, and counting.

CloakNNNdagger

Hall of Fame
It looked to me as Bengal TE Uzomah had suffered an Achilles rupture. On slow motion replay, I could see a sudden spasm of his gastrocnemius (calf) muscle as the tendon snapped, followed by an immediate lack of foot plantar extension. The rupture has been confirmed...........Achilles #8.

Last edited:

CloakNNNdagger

Hall of Fame
Bucs WR Chris Godwin evidently suffered a concussion in week 1. But symptoms did not appear until a couple of days later. I doubt that Brady sees him on Sunday.

JB

Innocent Bystander
Contributor's Club
Cowboys have already turned the ball over twice and are down 0-14 against ATL with 71/2 min left in the 1st qtr

Love it!

CloakNNNdagger

Hall of Fame
They are reporting Broncos Drew Lock's injury as an an AC shoulder separation. The way he hit on his elbow first, a subluxation/shoulder labrum tear seems more likely.

Last edited: