Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

NFL Playoffs: Here's something odd

gwallaia

Staff member
The Eagles and Cowboys play each other on the final Sunday.
The Packers and Cardinals play each other on the final Sunday.

The Eagles and Cowboys will play each other the following Sunday in the opening round of the playoffs.
The Packers and Cardinals will play each other the following Sunday in the opening round of the playoffs.

The Eagles and Cowboys will play each other the following Sunday in the opening round of the playoffs.
The Packers and Cardinals will play each other the following Sunday in the opening round of the playoffs.
So, they are playing (this coming week) for who gets to host the game?

I guess if the Vikings lose the next two and the Eagles beat Dallas. The Cowboys would play at Minnesota in the 1st round. The Eagles would get a bye.

If the Vikings end up ahead of the Eagles in the standings, the Cowboys and Eagles will meet and next Sunday's Cowboy-Eagle game will determine home field for their first round matchup.

The Packers and Cardinals are set and that game will be in Arizona.

........i think.

I hate it when it ends up being that way. I really do. It makes the first round of the playoffs seem like a joke to me if the team that wins lost the previous game the week before. It just comes down to who wins that very next week, but it doesn't really make the other team look any better if they had just lost the prior week before that to the same team. I remember the Packers losing to a much inferior Vikings team in the first round many years ago when Moss mooned the fans. The Packers had just beaten them the week before very handily and were the better team all season long. I know that you've got to take care of your business in the playoffs and all and the NFL can't exactly do anything about how match ups end up happening that way, but I just hate it when it ends up being that way with match ups like that. It also makes those match ups more boring because you just saw those teams play the week before.

Last edited:
Also, the Texans could end up playing the Pats twice in a row, and the Bengals could play the Jets twice in a row. *cue twilight zone theme*

Also, the Texans could end up playing the Pats twice in a row, and the Bengals could play the Jets twice in a row. *cue twilight zone theme*

Is it possible that both us and the Jets get in? It thought it was an either/or scenario.

Well, now that the Vikes lost, the scenario is if the Eagles beat the gals, then the Eagles will be the second seed and the Gals will play in Minnessota. If the Gals beat the eagles, then Eagles will play in Dallas. Dallas will not play philly in philly two weeks in a row no matter what happens. And it looks like packers will play at Arizona, that is already locked.

Reminds me of when the Oilers lost to the Cleveland Browns on the final Sunday of the regular season, only to beat them the following week in the wild card game. Both of those games were in Cleveland. The Oilers had won the game in Houston earlier in the season.

2004 the Broncos whipped up on Indy in week 17 (33-14 Broncos) and then the tables were turned in the 1st playoff game (49-24 Colts).

Well, what do you know.

3 repeats coming up on opening weekend of the playoffs.

Eagles-Cowboys
Cardinals-Packers
Jets-Bengals

Well, go Eagles and Packers!! I hate the Jets, and I'm still pissed at the kitties for fagging out last Sunday. I don't want either one to win!! I'm screwed on that one! lol

Back