NFL Player Busted For Steroids Claimed Tainted Supplement

Discussion in 'The National Football League' started by eriadoc, Jun 20, 2011.

1. eriadoc

eriadoc Texan-American

So Mr. Irrelevant 2008 (Rams) actually made the team, which is unusual. Then he was busted for steroids and suspended in 2009. Like every other player busted for steroids, he denied it. He claimed to be the victim of a tainted supplement. As it turns out, he was telling the truth and he just won a lawsuit against the company that manufactured the tainted supplement.

LINK

For all the cynicism that professional sports brings out in me, I was happy to hear of one that was vindicated.

2. CloakNNNdagger

CloakNNNdagger Site Contributor

I would certainly love to know what "NFL hotline" gave him the OK, because this supplement manufacturer, as far as I know, has never been listed on the NFL's list of "safe (NFL-approved) supplement manufacturers." In fact, if I recollect correctly, EAS is STILL the only NFL-approved supplement manufacturer. No supplement outside those produced by EAS are carte blanche verifiably approved. There is an NFLPA EAS hotline and an NFLPA supplement hotline (to answer general questions about the NSF NFL/NFLPA Supplement Certification Program and certified supplements).

3. eriadoc

eriadoc Texan-American

Yeah, I'm curious about that as well. If he got the OK from an NFL source, couldn't he go after them as well?

4. CloakNNNdagger

CloakNNNdagger Site Contributor