NFL Officiating-- When is a rule...

Discussion in 'The National Football League' started by JB, Jan 10, 2010.

1. JB

JB Old Curmudgeon

not a rule? When it is the Mandy Braning rule. I watched the Cards/Packers game(what a great game) and have decided that NFL Officials have had just as bad a year as KB. We all know about the preferential treatment that Manning and especially Brady get and the calls they get. We have also seen that Schaub does not get the same calls. What stood out to me was the final series of the game. On one play the defender (not sure who) clearly hits Rodgers helmet to helmet. On the last play of the game, the defender (James?) clearly hits Rodgers in the face with his hand ( the replay shows his fingers wrapped around the facemask). No call on either play. Was the referee afraid to make the call? Or was the referee (whose primary job is to watch the QB) not doing his job?

I really did not have an interest in the outcome of the game, just wanted to watch a good game. And I got that. But, after thinking about the ending for a while, I started to think about all the BS officiating we have seen this year. It is almost as bad as the college game.

Anyone have the mailing address of the head of officals and the commish?

done:rant:

2. infantrycak

infantrycak Mod. Staff Member

They absolutely should have called the helmet to helmet. It was blatant.

On the hands to the face/facemask IMO it would have been offsetting if properly called anyway because there was a blatant hold that didn't get called.

3. JB

JB Old Curmudgeon

Yeah, I understand that... I am more concerned about the inconsistancy of the calls. You know if that was Brady or Manning or maybe Farve; those would of been called.

But a lesser known QB is not watched as carefully?

4. Hagar

Hagar Drink up yall, its the Texans!

5. infantrycak

infantrycak Mod. Staff Member

I agree with you. There are double standards or preferences on officiating in the NFL.

disclaimer - of course officiating has NEVER affected the Texans (just so I don't get some whiner comment from anyone).

6. brakos82

brakos82 Hall of Fame

*farts*