Nfl Live!!!

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by SLO Texan, Nov 17, 2006.

1. SLO Texan

SLO Texan Veteran

Finally we get a little respect from these guys.

They both picked the Texans to beat the Bills on Sunday!

Mark said he liked the way Kubiak is spreading the ball around on offense and Darren said he likes how our D has been stepping up!!

They also called it the Moulds vs Bills game.

2. HOU-TEX

HOU-TEX Ah, Football!

IIRC, we haven't had the best of games being the favorite. That said, hopefully we start winning the games we're supposed to win.:yahoo:

3. Malloy

Malloy Site Contributor

I agree. People should stop making us the favorites, we'll lose bigtime then :)

4. HOU-TEX

HOU-TEX Ah, Football!

LOL! That's the truth. Things are changing (for the better) with this team so there's no telling what we'll get to see Sunday.:redtowel:

5. TheRealJoker

TheRealJoker Hall of Fame

In order to be a contender next year we have to step up and start winning the games we're supposed to win THIS year.

SLO Texan likes this.
  6. Texans Horror

Texans Horror Hall of Fame

Dick Vermeil said that in order to make it into the play-offs, a team had to win half their games against teams with a winning schedule, and all the games against teams with losing schedules. The key was winning out against the teams you should beat, i.e., the Bills.

SLO Texan likes this.
  7. Texans>Colts

Texans>Colts Veteran

Holy ****. Its a first!:mario3: :mario2: :fireball: :bananasplit:

SLO Texan likes this.
  8. TexanSam

TexanSam Hall of Fame

Hopefully this doesn't turn into a game against the Bengals are first year. I remember that was our first time ever being favored and we promptly lost 31-3. I hope I didn't jinx the team either.

SLO Texan likes this.

9. bah007

bah007 Hall of Fame

Golic & Schlereth both picked us to win on ESPN.com

That fills me with confidence. Both those guys pick games better than anyone else on ESPN.

Out of the 8 "experts" we were picked to win 5-3 & some ESPN computer (?) picked the Bills to win.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/features/talent

10. Nawzer

Nawzer Alienz

It's funny how some of you guys live and die by predictions made by some people in ESPN or NFL Network etc. The thing is, until we start winning consistently we will not get any respect. That's just the way it is. And just because some "expert" picked us to win doesn't make it so. Anyway that's my 2 cents on that.

SLO Texan likes this.
  11. Nawzer

Nawzer Alienz

I never mentioned in my post that you shouldn't be happy. All I said was that some people just put too much into some articles on the Texans and by several "pundits". I frankly couldn't care less what the national media thinks, but that's just me. I know our team is playing well and with that will come some attention. So be it. But it seems like if anyone on ESPN or anywhere else "bashes" our team or player that person or publication becomes villified instantly. And it's the complete opposite if someone actually writes something positive. I guess I'm being a "Debbie Downer" by keeping a level head.:tease:

12. Nawzer

Nawzer Alienz

I understand. I want this team to win just as much as the next Texans fan. :yahoo:

13. phan1

phan1 All Pro

Well, learning how to win when we're favored is the next big step for this team. Rarely have we been the favorite, and even more rarely have we won games that we were favored to win. I really hope we win this one. I'm sick of being a losing team that only occasionally pulls upsets during the season. Story of our franchise.

14. Low Life

Low Life Rookie

I got promptly hauled out of that game by 6 cops after a yuppy in the front row swung on me for cheering for a losing team with too much vigor. The highlight of my career as a Texans fan. Thought I would share that with you all. I actually am sitting in those same seats on 12/10. Anyway.

15. Bamaborn-Texasbred

Bamaborn-Texasbred All Pro

The Bills are so bad, the Texans will have to do several monumentally horrible things to lose this game. I hope they have their heads screwed on right, because I think there will be a completely full, raucous stadium for the first time in a long time. ....I know, I know. All of the games have been sell-outs, but that place hasn't been as loud and full as it could be in a long time. Sell-out does not equal butts in all seats.

16. bigTEXan8

bigTEXan8 All Pro

maybe the texans can get all the teams they play against to wear jags uni's. maybe the texans will get confused and just think they are playing the jags every week. we'll go 16-0. ha!!!!

17. aj.

aj. Hall of Fame

They aren't as bad as you think.

The Bills have two outstanding edge rushers in Kelsay and Schobel - Salaam and Winston will need help. We have no depth at OT or DT. It's essential that the Texans get the lead early so they can play their game.

The Bills will play two deep zone all day long and keep everything in front of them - just like they did to Peyton last week. There won't be a lot of deep looks -- finding Daniels up the middle seam will be critical - as will running the ball - and screens. The Bills will press their corners and try to keep Carr in the pocket. They will try to force us into 14 play drives and wait for a screw up.

The Bills special teams are among the best in the league.

I think the Texans will win but the notion that it will take something horrible to happen for the Texans to lose is ridiculous.

18. Bamaborn-Texasbred

Points taken, but the Bills are nothing special offensively and our defense looks better every week. The home cooking should do our defense proud. Losman will hopefully need eyes in the back of his head. Garrard's failed him last week.

19. powerfuldragon

powerfuldragon g'mornin to you

I want the texans to win. I want to believe the texans will win, but my spidey sense is tingling.

20. Bamaborn-Texasbred

Say it ain't so! A home loss after the strides we have seen the last few weeks would be devastating to my psyche.:hairpull: