NFL Live - On the Clock

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by Test Account, Oct 28, 2005.

1. Test Account

Test Account Moderator Staff Member

Did anyone just catch NFL Live on ESPN? They were using words to describe the Texans.

Unfathomable
    Synthetic
    Obtuse
    Repulsive
    Insipid
    Raunchy
    Cataclysmic
    Gruesome
    Dicey
    Vile
    Appalling
    Abysmal
    Awful
    Unsightly
    frightful
    abominable

2. gtexan02

gtexan02 Working?

Somebody is planning to take the SAT!

3. the wonger need food

the wonger need food Hall of Fame

The Houston Expansion Franchise was featured on NFL Live's On the Clock segment today. No analysis (none needed) they just tried to think of words to describe how bad this franchise is while showing lowlights.

They also pointed out some interesting stats that show this is possibly the worst team in the history of the NFL:

First team in modern NFL history to play first 6 games without holding a single lead.

Outscored 47-0 in the 1st quarter and 179-74 for the season.

Average margin of defeat is 17.5 points.

TEXANS MISSION
    Our mission is to build and maintain the most respected, most
    valuable professional sports franchise in the world.

In case anyone missed it, the mission is a complete failure and the Houston Expansion Franchise is possibly the least respected sports franchise in the world.

4. gtexan02

gtexan02 Working?

At least our stadium is nice

5. Porky

Porky Hall of Fame

They can't even get that part right.

Oh and none of this is David Carr's fault. He is just an innocent bystander.:sarcasm:

6. Nawzer

Nawzer Alienz

Raunchy???? What's that all about?

7. Reddevil63

Reddevil63 Hall of Fame

When the team is a joke itself, they are going to be the butt of quite a few of them.

8. Texans Horror

Texans Horror Hall of Fame

Light
    Airy
    Transparent

9. El Tejano

El Tejano Hall of Fame

They need to be careful. There are many teams that are going to find themselves on a downslide as the season goes on. I've seen it many a season. Some of those teams that are starting out red hot are coming back down to reality.

10. College Texan

College Texan Veteran

I'm getting tired of the guys on NFL live I don't mind that one guy though, I think his name is Salisbury, like steak, but he defended carr on one by saying if he was on the lions or cards he would be a superstar.

11. rmartin65

rmartin65 I'm Score

If Carr was on any team he'd be pretty good. He is mobile, tough, athletic and has a good arm.

12. Double Barrel

Double Barrel Modified Simian

yeah, I saw that NFL Live last night. They were quite amused with themselves, and wasted TWO MINUTES on that little worthless word game. I lost a little respect for the show, because instead of actually educating anyone, they tried to get cute but just sounded like a bunch of doofuses.

The one stat that was telling, which the wonger need food already mentioned, was that the 2005 Texans is the first team in modern football era (since 1933) that has gone the first six games of a season without having a single lead. I'll grant that is quite pathetic.

Our team is bad on so many levels. :(

13. Texas

Texas Hall of Fame

Oh well maybe one day they will spend 2 minutes conversating on why were the best team in the league. I'll probably be like 95 but its all good :fishing:

14. Bassinguy

Bassinguy Rookie

Likely soon to be nice and empty.:sarcasm:

15. Youngstown Colt

Youngstown Colt All Pro

I'm sure none of you minded when they would rip on teams like the lions and browns during their down years, but you lose respect because they do it about your team?

16. TexansAFCChamps

TexansAFCChamps Rookie

I saw it.

If I were the Texans head coach I would tape that and show it to the entire team in a meeting 2 or 3 times throughout the week while preparing for the game. Then I would even have it played in Reliant Stadium about 20 minutes prior to gametime when the teams are out on the field warming up and so all the fans could see what was said about the team.

Maybe it would light a fire in them.

We should write Mr. Mcnair and ask him to play it. What do you think?

17. mean mark8

mean mark8 Veteran

This assumes he'd have someone to teach him how to be an NFL QB. Do things like look off a safety or LB, read a blitz and find the hot receiver. I'm not saying he couldn't do that if taught. He doesn't do it now but I honestly don't think it's ever been explained to him. I really don't know that our offensive scheme has any hot receivers on blitzes. We should be making defenses pay dearly for always having 8 guys in the box with the speed we have at wideout -- AJ, Mathis, Bradford -- but we simply don't do it. I don't really blame Carr, I blame the pathetic coaching staff.

18. Double Barrel

Double Barrel Modified Simian

I've never seen them do that specific word "exorcise". I would have thought the segment was lame no matter what team that they were talking about. It was pure cheese, and offered nothing educational or informative to me.

I watch the show because they [usually] break down plays, teams, strategies, etc. They have some great analytical insights that are cool to watch. I'm a fan of the NFL, not just one team.

If the show continues in this direction, I'll stop watching it.

19. College Texan

College Texan Veteran

That's true, they do provide good insight stategies, I like when they explain things on the green floor. Lately they have been talking too much about teams
    with alot of media like the eagles cincy and pats. They dont provide coverage over more teams but just continue with different stories of the same team. I quit watching