NFL Live just said

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by Dime, Dec 14, 2006.

1. Dime

Dime Hall of Fame

Top Defensive Rookie: Ryans... This guys leads everyone in tackles unofficially, and his is by the ball so much, he makes it look like there 3 number 59's on the field.

Biggest Disappointment: Mario, Mostly not his fault do to the stunts he plays, but sadly, he will always be compared to Bush, and he has to do better.

Not me saying, just me repeating.. dont kill the messenger.

2. Second Honeymoon

Second Honeymoon Hall of Fame

I wouldn't call Mario the biggest disappointment. Vernon Davis, AJ Hawk, and Jay Cutler have been no better than Mario.

However, if you were to say which actual draft decision has been the most disappointing then its Mario in a LANDSLIDE.

In summation,
    Mario Williams himself - Shows potential and promise.
    The decision to draft Mario #1 overall - Extremely disappointing and damaging.

dftw

3. dantem

dantem Veteran

If you thought the draft this year was to help us go to the superbowl in 2006-07, then you are mistaken. Mario, was a good team building decision, the future will show it to be true.

If you are going to rebuild a team, start with the most important players, The O-Line, and the D-Line, Great QB's and RB's are available every year. and without good Lines, your team would suck, even if you got a great QB and RB.

4. the wonger need food

the wonger need food Hall of Fame

It's unfair to judge anyone yet. Mario could be a more dominant player than VY or Bush in a few years... we just don't know yet.

BTW.. AJ Hawk's numbers are very similar to DeMeco's. Davis was hurt most of the year and Cutler hasn't played. Again, it's way to early to judge anyone from this draft class.

5. BigSaint8050

BigSaint8050 Rookie

Check out the numbers.... Hawk has been very good. Also Cutler just started playing and looked pretty good in his 2nd game.

6. infantrycak

infantrycak Mod. Staff Member

If you call 20% less tackles and 30% less solos very similar then yes--for a guy making 10 times as much money. It is too early to judge yet.

7. beerlover

beerlover Site Contributor

Mario will be more effective when the Texans address the interior of the line with a similar stud who can cut down the double teams, then lanes to the QB should open up alot more not only for Mario but the other lineman as well for DeMeco & the rest of the LB's & CB's :shades:

8. nunusguy

nunusguy Hall of Fame

I'm disappointed in Mario and don't think he's got the potetial that the Texans
    brass thought he did.
    But I didn't think VY would have this kind of rookie year, not by a long shot.
    So maybe I'll be wrong about Marios potential over the longer-term. I hope so.
    BTW, anybody know whats happening with the situation Bushs family got themselves into with the free rent from the agent ?
    ESPN or somebody sure got that ugly little story hushed up.

9. TexansFanatic

TexansFanatic Extremist

I think calling Mario the biggest disappointment is fair. He was THE FIRST OVERALL PICK in a draft with some rather big talent and he has 4.5 sacks.....

10. Vinny

Vinny shiny happy fan Staff Member

as the top pick in a draft considered the strongest in many years....yeah, I'd call him a dissapointment right now. Who knows how it will pan out 5 years from now like Carr however....he could mature just as well.

11. ThaShark316

ThaShark316 #28

Vinny, you've been letting me down lately...I gotta look to Grid for the smartest analyst now...:shades:

12. Vinny

I'm sorry I was wrong about Vince and predicted Carr would struggle long term 3 years ago...I'll try harder with my future observations.

13. ThaShark316

ThaShark316 #28

You were supposed to look at that comment I made and laugh, and not say anything...damn you for killing my poor attempt at a joke...Vinny, i'm gunning for you dude.:mario:

14. dantem

dantem Veteran

Well the gods have spoken, I guess it must be true :)

15. Vinny

I'm just used to the haters giving me grief for not following the crowd....it's all good.

16. ThaShark316

ThaShark316 #28

Of course you're gonna have haters...but Vinny, you need haters...if you have 30 haters, you need to get it to 40 before the new year, lol.

ON topic...I hate jumping into "who's been disappointing as a rookie", because that can be so flawed...I like to look at who's playing well, and give the rooks a shot until it can be determined that said rookie is indeed a bust.

17. Vinny

yeah, but this is what message boards are for....so what the heck.

18. thunderkyss

thunderkyss Salem Poor

If I were to bet money.... I would bet that Gary Kubiak would not change one thing about this years draft.

And if we did not draft Mario, most of you guys would be complaining about why we drafted Demeco to begin with.

Actually if we drafted Vince(the only other #1 prospect in this draft) we'd have more than likely went running back, taking Adai if D'Angelo wasn't there.

Mario is exactly what we thought he was.......... a fast, strong 6'7" 295lb monster with a motor that won't quit.

He is not the sack machine the media tried to make us think we were getting, he is an excellent DE, a solid DE, who can pressure the QB, with the potential to be the best all around DE this league has seen since Reggie White. I haven't seen anything to suggest otherwise.

I believe Kubiak may be questioning the timetable he set for David's turn around... He may even be wondering if he can turn things around with David(I don't think he's ready to give up.... )

He might be wondering about some of the roster moves we made...

But I seriously doubt he is dissappointed in the player he got in Mario Williams.

19. Bubbajwp

Bubbajwp All Flopper

:includeme:

Sorry Ive been wanting to do that for a while.

20. Trap_Star

Trap_Star SiteContributor

I hate "NFL LIVE". That show does nothing for me. They only care about the eastcoast teams and Terrell Owens. T.O. could lose everything today and become a bum. They'd still dedicate the first 10 minutes of the show on what he found in the dumpster behind McDonalds....:brickwall :twocents: