NFL Live Crew

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by TexanFan4Life, Jul 17, 2006.

1. TexanFan4Life

TexanFan4Life Rookie

Hope some of you saw the NFL Live show today. Golic and his former Cowboy counterpart (Darren Woodson) dissed the Texans yet again. They were rating all the new coaches prospects for the upcoming season and point blank said, "The Texans won't do anything. They don't have enough talent." Not being a pollyanna, I do think they are totally misinformed. Somebody ought to tell them what a great offseason we had. Besides, the boys on NFL Radio on Sirius say we had a great offseason and could be a big suprise. Also, Trent Dilfer was on Sirius and said he was talking with David Carr and said DC was so excited and thought they would be much improved and that Kubes was so much different a coach than he had ever had. I, myself am looking for a 5 to 9 win season. Less is pathetic, more is a dream come true. Is it time for training camp yet?:mario:

TexansSeminole likes this.
  2. blockhead83

blockhead83 All Pro

Every year some show disses the Texans, and every year the Texans haven't proven them wrong. I'll wait and see how we perform before passing judgement on those comments.

3. Byshop

Byshop Rookie

Much agreed...I'm so wanting to be excited watching this team transform into what it is, and yet not do like last year and start overhyping the Texans potential. Kubiak will need this year to build their confidence and try out his new team doing the things he wants to do. DC will be much improved for sure, as well as the defensive and offensive line play. Having a passcatching tightend for a change and a #2 receiver are all amazing. Just a little while longer till the pads go on....:francis:

4. Texans Pride

Texans Pride Hall of Fame

Let the NFL analysts say what they will about the team. They can say we are going to do nothing and flounder just like years in the past. They can also say that we are going to win the Superbowl and go undefeated. In the end, it is the Texans job to create their own destiny. . . prove them wrong, prove them right...it's on the team.

So far, through four years of existence, all of the analysts who we have been screaming at for not giving us any respect, have been right on. . .maybe we aren't giving them their due respect :brickwall

5. TexanFan4Life

TexanFan4Life Rookie

My point is that it is more uninformed, lack of research, and total NFL lite information. They do it to all the teams. As an example, look how they hype the JAGS every year. Life Leftwich is the second coming of Bart Starr! Please!!! I am a realist just like all of you but hate the lack of research these NFL experts come up with. The only one I put any cred into is Pat Kirwan or Len Pasquarelli. Salsbury and those other goobers, primordial slime!

6. AFD1717

AFD1717 Veteran

I hope every player in the league heard their "analysis".

7. TexanFan881

TexanFan881 Hall of Fame

When has the media ever cut our team some slack? We're going to be the "expansion team" until we go out and make the playoffs. We're going to be way under the radar until then. Oh well, as long as all of us Texans fans know how good our team is. When they have to focus on 32 teams they forget about teams like us. There knowledge is no greater on our team than the average Texan fan. Us fans that are on here often know way more than they know about our team because we are focused on our team and they are focused on every single team and we get overshadowed. But if we want a reputation we're going to have to earn it.

8. TexansSeminole

TexansSeminole Hall of Fame

Agreed.

I just look at this kind of stuff and laugh, because it is very common for TV analysts to say one thing today and the opposite the next. I know they will be somewhat on the bandwagon by the end of the season, next year. I dont think you can deny that this team is actively "coming up" in the NFL. They will hate while they still can, because its probably funny to people who are not Texans fans (be it Colts fans or just people who think we suck). They will do this same thing to the team that is last place next year.

9. mexican_texan

mexican_texan Furry Tractors

Here's a tip--don't watch too much ESPN. The NFL Network doesn't have great programming yet, but their analysis isn't unbiased(not THAT biased anyway) and the stuff on FSN has better local stuff.

ESPN shouldn't be taken with a grain of salt, but with a salt mine.

10. Hutch13

Hutch13 List of demands

Like TexanFan881 said, we have to earn it and this year we will.

11. TexanFan4Life

TexanFan4Life Rookie

Oh, I forgot to mention this nugget in the NFL Live assessment. They said that being in the same division as the Colts and Jags, we just don't have the talent and can't compete. Sorry, but boy won't it be fun when they do start saying good things about us. God, is it kickoff yet? :brickwall

12. Texansfan36

Texansfan36 Veteran

Yea I can't wait to see the look on Golic and Salisbury's faces when we prove them wrong, Jeeez why can't the season start already.

13. NATHANHALE

NATHANHALE Veteran

So, what's going to happen first-- wins or excuses? IMO, if we want wins, we better stop making excuses for losses. If players perform their best/well and we lose, that's one thing--performing poorly and losing is another. We need to replace the excuses with accountability if we ever expect to get respect around the league.

14. Txn_in_FL

Txn_in_FL Lucky 13

So what happens if they beat Philly the first game of the season? Is it a fluke or is it a team up and coming? I think that game could really set the tone for the season. Will they beat Indy in week 2? I'm not holding out THAT much hope but who knows.

Like most are saying, we want this team to have respect, it's their job to go out there and get respect. By the end of the season the jabbering heads will all be talking about how they just KNEW how good the Texans were going to be this year.

Whatever, I just want the season to start.

15. the wonger need food

the wonger need food Hall of Fame

"I don’t think this week is necessarily a must win, but I think it is a must play well." - Davie Carr

This type of mentality should never be tolerated again...

16. dalemurphy

dalemurphy Hall of Fame

Mark Schlereth, Eric Allen, Ron Jaworski, Merrill Hoge... all have educated and interesting perspectives on ESPN. Pretty much, the rest of the analysis is canned crap. Salisbury is a lame shock-jock. I don't understand why Mike Golic is there. Most of the guys just out of the NFL like Darren Woodsen are awful. I did really like Bryan Cox when he was there a couple years ago.

17. Hulk75

Hulk75 Hall of Fame

I really listen up when these guys talk, I think those 2 are the best on the shows.
    Merrill Hodge does a very good job, you may not agree with what he is talking about but he is telling the truth and I like the fact that he is not trying to tell you what you want to here.

18. Titan "Tack" Fan

Titan "Tack" Fan Hall of Fame

BlockHead83 is the most practical person on this board. Props.

19. powerfuldragon

powerfuldragon g'mornin to you

Agreed.

20. WiiBrawler

WiiBrawler WiiMan

Everyday some shows dissed a houston team