NFL Draft countdowns 2007 Mock Draft

Discussion in 'College Football & the NFL Draft' started by real, Jul 28, 2006.

1. real

real Guest

2. tulexan

tulexan Hall of Fame

I'm going with LaRon Landry or whoever the best DB in the draft is or is available.

3. real

real Guest

My sentiments exactly...

4. tulexan

tulexan Hall of Fame

That is unless for some reason Adrian Peterson falls.

5. real

real Guest

That would be nice...But Im hoping that we can go DB in the first, and pick up a running back in the second...like Bush, or Lynch...just off the top of my head...

6. tulexan

tulexan Hall of Fame

I agree

7. El Tejano

El Tejano Hall of Fame

Hey if we didn't get a 1st round RB this year, we aint gettin one next year.

8. Hervoyel

Hervoyel The Right Track

I wouldn't count on that. We didn't get a 1st round RB this year but it wasn't for lack of trying. Carolina just stepped in front of us and got the guy we wanted. If we'd managed to get DeAngelo Williams I wonder which of our many excellent picks wouldn't be here now? No DeMeco Ryans? No Eric Winston? I'm personally happy with the draft we had but we did try to make a move for a RB in the later first round.

If Davis doesn't make it through most of this season healthy and nobody else catches on fire I expect us to attempt to get another good RB next year and if need be we'll go for it in the first round.

9. Errant Hothy

Errant Hothy Hypermediocrity

Doubtful that Lynch falls to the second round, but one can hope.

10. wags

wags Hall of Fame

I thought Buffalo screwed us. Weren't we in talks with the Bears for their pick, but they ended up trading with Buffalo who took McCargo. Carolina then had Williams fall into their lap. They didn't trade up for him.

11. Hervoyel

Hervoyel The Right Track

Something along those lines. I honestly don't remember the specifics but I know we were after Chicago's pick and didn't get it. Carolina took the guy we wanted (Williams) and that was that. Now that I think about it I believe you're right. I remember everyone going "McCargo? What?"

12. dtran04

dtran04 Hall of Fame

I wonder who ESPN will be hyping up the most this next year. Easy choices are Brady Quinn and Adrian Peterson. They will be dubbed "once in a lifetime" prospects. Sounds quite similar.........

13. YoungTexanFan

YoungTexanFan Hall of Fame

My bet is on Teddy Gin Jr. or Lynch.

14. YoungTexanFan

YoungTexanFan Hall of Fame

Also, that link doesn't work, and I can't get that site to show up period.

15. threetoedpete

threetoedpete Hall of Fame

Interesting ...acording to this guy, Landry isn't even the top Safety prospect.
    This isn't going to another VY man-love thing this year is it ?

16. ArlingtonTexan

ArlingtonTexan Moderator Staff Member

The guys who do these are often projecting highest need. Nationally, until our oline performs these guys will pretty much believe the highest need is OL, specifically OT. It does not matter that we just drafted two on the first day and employ a system that may not put a priority on drafting Olmen extremely high.

17. tulexan

tulexan Hall of Fame

My money is also on Ted Gin Jr. I think he is going to have a huge season and ESPN loves explosive playmakers.

He is one of the fastest players that I have ever seen. If he improves his route running he could be a lock for the top 3 or 5.

18. Trapped

Trapped Veteran

This time next year, if Jared Gaither of Maryland declares after his sophomore year, i would seriously look at him. I think he is Jonathan Ogden all over again. I don't think he fits our zone blocking scheme, but someone will be getting a franchise LT.

He was also recruited to play BBall too at South Carolina. Dude is a monster, im telling you, u thought the Brick was good, he's even better.

19. Wolf

Wolf 100% Texan

I don't understand how they say "failed experiment" for Pitts at LT.. I thought he did good. But we all know that guard is his future.. I guess I just dont' see how Pitts is the weak link in the line even if it was at LT

20. threetoedpete

threetoedpete Hall of Fame

I'm on this band wagon. You're preachin' to the choir. Won't argue with the need at DB. But....we're one OL prospect from having an elite o-line. Be a real plus for us every year at draft time if the o-line was locked up and all we needed to do is look for day two prospects from here on out. Not to start mind you. But to add deepth for our starting five. Which would mean we could cherry pick the skill positions every year form here on out. Then if you wanted to take a safty #1, I'd have no problem with it. :lightbulb: