NFL considers overhauling the offseason calendar

Discussion in 'The National Football League' started by srrono, Feb 21, 2013.

1. srrono

srrono Hall of Fame

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
    Idea of overhauled calendar is to lengthen NFL off-season and make football relevant over longer period with one big event each month.

2. CloakNNNdagger

CloakNNNdagger Site Contributor

The NFL also wants to set up separate "regional" Combines that will determine who will ultimately end up in the THE Indianapolis Combine.

3. CloakNNNdagger

CloakNNNdagger Site Contributor

Yeh, I know.......but I want MORE!!!!!![​IMG]

4. badboy

badboy Site Contributor

I like the idea of regional combines allowing focus on more players with some of them ending up in 333 at Indianapolis. I guess I would adjust to any movement but it is hard to get to the dates now, I guess I'll start taking downers.

5. GP

GP Go Texans!

They should make the Indy Combine be the Division 1 schools.

The regional combines would be every level below D-1, so you can assimilate all that level of talent into one event where you can judge the talent without having to compare it to the D-1 guys. With as little talent that's there at that level, you could have two regional combines and gather enough talent to fill each of those regional combines.

Have a West Regional with Oklahoma-to-California talent. Have an East Regional with Louisiana-to-New York talent.

This would help teams scout the lower levels of talent, so you can target for late round draft picks and UDFAs better. Pitting the lower levels of talent against one another will show you really quickly which guys have NFL-level potential and which guys don't.

Just an idea off the top of my head.

Not a fan of having the draft in May. April is late enough. If anything, bump the training camp start dates up to mid-June, please.