Nfl combine primer

Discussion in 'College Football & the NFL Draft' started by beerlover, Feb 20, 2012.

1. beerlover

beerlover Site Contributor

Examiner: Alan Burge

http://www.examiner.com/houston-tex...-scouting-combine?CID=examiner_alerts_article

Day 1: Travel to Indianapolis; Registration; Hospital Pre-Exam & X-rays; Orientation; Interviews
    Day 2: Measurements; Medical Examinations; Media; Psychological Testing; Interviews
    Day 3: NFLPA Meeting; Psychological Testing; PK/ST Workout; Interviews
    Day 4: Workout (timing, stations, skill drills); Departure from Indianapolis

Groups 1-3 arrive at Indianapolis on Wednesday, February 22 (their Day 1) and depart on Saturday, February 25 (their Day 4).

Groups 4-6 arrive at the combine on Thursday, February 23 and leave on Sunday the 26th.

Groups 7-9 arrive on Friday, February 24 and depart on Monday the 27th.

And finally the DBs (Groups 10-11) arrive on Saturday the 25th and leave on Tuesday the 28th.

Group 1: Kickers, Special Teams, Offensive Linemen
    Group 2: Offensive Linemen
    Group 3: Tight Ends
    Group 4: Quarterbacks and Wide Receivers
    Group 5: Quarterbacks and Wide Receivers
    Group 6: Running Backs
    Group 7: Defensive Linemen
    Group 8: Defensive Linemen
    Group 9: Linebackers
    Group 10: Defensive Backs
    Group 11: Defensive Backs

Mark your calendar, program DVR, whatever method you prefer fellow draftnicks, Texan fans it's time for annual ritual of breaking down incoming future NFL players at Indy. :kitten:

76Texan likes this.
  2. beerlover

beerlover Site Contributor

here is a Bleecher report, yeah I know, that highlights 15 players who should perform well @ the combine: they even have a clip on Mike Martin, NT Michigan widely disputed here in regards to draft grade, rmartin65 no relation? Has him mocked to Texans in 3rd rd. which would be nice pick, if he's still there? http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...ominate-the-40-bench-and-other-drills/page/15
    For all the rest just click on the link & make your favorite selection, Who will shine in this years, 2012 Combine? Personally I hope that Joe Adams doesn't run a sub 4.35 or something, really like Texans to have a shot @ him in 2nd. (never mind Bleecher has a 4th rd. grade).http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...ominate-the-40-bench-and-other-drills/page/14 Joe Adams is close as Texans will get to Wright in this draft.

3. rmartin65

rmartin65 I'm Score

Nice find BL. Bleacher Report is not a terrible source, you just need to realize it is just like our board here- a bunch of guys who like the draft/NFL, but are by no means experts.

I am not related to Mike Martin, just to clarify. But I do see him dominating the bench, and surprising at the 40. And alas, I do see him moving down into the second, just as the article states.

This looks like it is going to be a fast combine- a lot of these receivers and DBs are in the 4.3s, and a few have been times in the 4.2s. it will be something to watch.

4. pirbroke

pirbroke All Pro

Rg3 just ran 4.38 40 at 24.9 miles per hour I think they said, damn I'm not sure I can ride my bike that fast. LOL. I can't wait to see the WR's later today.

5. pirbroke

pirbroke All Pro

damn big Michael Floyd just moved up out of our reach with a 4.42. wow

6. pirbroke

pirbroke All Pro

Stephen hill 6'4 and ran a 4.30, Holy crap welcome to the first round.

7. steelbtexan

steelbtexan Hall of Fame

And he's a great blocker

Bad hands though.

Former georgia state sprint champion, was a sleeper of mine.

8. ArlingtonTexan

ArlingtonTexan Moderator Staff Member

NFL evalauation is a little more complex than one forty yard dash moving a guy up or down significantly. Al Davis is no longer with us.

9. pirbroke

pirbroke All Pro

He looked good in catching drills, I know it's more than the 40 but he is going to have a lot of scouts going back to his tapes after today

10. Lucky

Lucky Moderator

Al is at the combine...in spirit. Watch some team draft Hill in the 1st.

11. mussop

mussop Hall of Fame

Woke up early this morning to watch dvr recordings of combine and the are all scrambled.:aggressive:

12. Lucky

Lucky Moderator

They're going to see a guy who wasn't thrown to much. Why would a top WR recruit ever go to GA Tech?

13. pirbroke

pirbroke All Pro

That's what I was thinking. I am looking forward to watching the Baylor kid Wright also.

14. pirbroke

pirbroke All Pro

Randell just ran a 4.5 which a lot of mocks has going to us.

15. pirbroke

pirbroke All Pro

Suna 4.65 thats going to drop him to second round if he cant top that.

16. pirbroke

pirbroke All Pro

Even a white dude ran in 4,30s , This year the WR class has some speed like we have not seen in awhile, What a great year to go in the draft with WR as a top need.

17. Nawzer

Nawzer Alienz

Very impressed with RGIII's interview on NFL Network right now. I've never really watched him or heard him speak and the first thing I got right away is that this guy is smart. There is a sense of calm about him and he has a presence about him. It was just one short interview but man it impressed the hell out of me.

steelbtexan likes this.
  18. b0ng

b0ng Ooops

Consider me off the draft Sanu wagon. I know it's the 40 time isn't even that important but I figured Sanu needed to hit a 4.5 for scouts/gm's to go "I can live with that speed". He'd be a great 2nd round pick though if we get some other player in the 1st.

19. b0ng

b0ng Ooops

Also, the best part of the combine is Rich Eisen being superimposed on the 40 times of Luck, Newton and Griffin with a 6 yard head start.

20. mussop

mussop Hall of Fame

Wow Kendal wright was not as fast as expected. Maybe he will fall to #26. The real question is whether or not smithiack would use a first round pick on a smaller WR. Especially when there should be some bigger faster guys available later in the draft.