NFL Combine: Greatest Performances

Discussion in 'College Football & the NFL Draft' started by Wolf, Feb 23, 2012.

1. Wolf

Wolf 100% Texan

http://www.thepostgame.com/blog/list/201202/nfl-combine-greatest-performances-offensive-players

http://www.thepostgame.com/blog/list/201202/nfl-combine-greatest-performances-defense

2. mussop

mussop Hall of Fame

Janzen Jackson, McNeese State, DB: watch for him

3. Playoffs

Playoffs Subscribed Contributor

Bo Jackson ... geez, what a super human specimen. 4.12 40 at that size is off the charts.

4. steelbtexan

steelbtexan Hall of Fame

Yep, he's going to tear it up.

Too bad the Texans dont draft these kinds of guys.

5. Rey

Rey Guest

Why was he released from Tennessee?

All I see is that it was for "unspecified reasons"?

Where is he expected to be drafted? I'd take him in the 4th or 5th or even 3rd...The guy is really talented...

6. steelbtexan

steelbtexan Hall of Fame

Mary Jane, and

Jackson was outside a convience store when 2 teammates tried to rob a couple at gunpoint that was sitting in a car. Jackson stopped the robbery.

Jackson got suspended for a few games and his teammates got kicked off the team. The last straw for Dooley was 2 failed drug tests after the botched robbery.

Jackson is the best FS in the class IMHO. He also has the speed/hips to play CB. Jackson was a freshman all american and a 2nd team all SEC as a soph. He's a world class athlete, but a world class knucklehead too. His dad is a highschool coach in Lake Charles. Hopefully jackson can get his life turned around. Because it would be ashame to see a talent like that go to waste.

Off field issues should push Jackson down to the 4-6 rd range. Picking him earlier could result in paying him significant $$$$. Which could be a bad thing for a guy like Jackson. IMHO

B

7. Rey

Rey Guest

I know about the robbery stuff, but he wasn't a part of that from what I've read and you even said that he stopped the robbery...That's a check plus as far as I'm concerned...

Marijuana...meh....

I still can't find what the final straw was (if there was one that got him kicked off the team) or if it was his decision to leave...

I really hope the Texans look at this guy....It sounds like he has matured since his early college days and with his dad being a career coach I'd hope that he has soacked up some values along the way...Sounds like he could be an absolute steal...

8. steelbtexan

steelbtexan Hall of Fame

I was hoping to draft Jackson in the 6th rd of the TT mock draft. After the combine that will just be a pipe dream.

If the Texans drafted Jackson nd put him at CB he would be better than any CB other than JoJo on the team. If I'm wrong he would still be a great FS.