Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

NFL.com Daniel Jeremiah 4.0 Mock Draft

Lucky

Ride, Captain, Ride!
Staff member
It's the trade many have suggested. Take the QB at #2 and trade up to #3 and take Will Anderson. Doesn't say what it will take to make that jump.

Pick 2 Houston Texans C.J. Stroud Ohio State · QB · Sophomore (RS)

There is a lot of information swirling around this pick, but I keep coming back to common sense. Houston needs a quarterback, and Stroud’s the best one available at No 2.

Pick 3 Houston Texans Will Anderson Jr. Alabama · Edge · Junior

PROJECTED TRADE WITH ARIZONA CARDINALS

It’s no secret that Arizona wants to trade out of No. 3, and it’s no secret that Houston is seriously considering an edge rusher with the second pick. Both teams get what they want in this scenario. Houston now has a pillar on each side of the ball.

It's the trade many have suggested. Take the QB at #2 and trade up to #3 and take Will Anderson. Doesn't say what it will take to make that jump.

Pick 2 Houston Texans C.J. Stroud Ohio State · QB · Sophomore (RS)

There is a lot of information swirling around this pick, but I keep coming back to common sense. Houston needs a quarterback, and Stroud’s the best one available at No 2.

Pick 3 Houston Texans Will Anderson Jr. Alabama · Edge · Junior

PROJECTED TRADE WITH ARIZONA CARDINALS

It’s no secret that Arizona wants to trade out of No. 3, and it’s no secret that Houston is seriously considering an edge rusher with the second pick. Both teams get what they want in this scenario. Houston now has a pillar on each side of the ball.
I think it will be more expensive than Daniel is suggesting.
Something to consider - is that a justifiable expense compared to the perceived difference in talent between Anderson and say, Nolan Smith at #12? Or possibly Lukas Van Ness?

Texans have normally had their 1st round picks signed before rookie mini camp

Reactions: JB
I think it will be more expensive than Daniel is suggesting.
Something to consider - is that a justifiable expense compared to the perceived difference in talent between Anderson and say, Nolan Smith at #12? Or possibly Lukas Van Ness?
Swapping our 12 for the 3 would clearly have to involve one our 2024 first rounders, which is why it is not gonna happen.

It was more expensive than I would have liked, but in the end, we got two of the top 4 prospects in this class including the all important QB position. It's the cost of doing business in the draft.

It’s pretty clear DeMeco really wanted Will Anderson Jr. We don’t know how long this deal with Arizona was in place? Seems complicated so really hashed out over last week or so leading up to the draft, suggesting Daniel Jeremiah has some really good sources.

Really thought of the San Francisco offense & who would be an ideal fit @ QB. Lot of folks thought Richardson and his duel threat ability, or that Stroud S2 score would drop him. However I’m sure Slowik disagrees, tested him schematically, liked his tools, reads, accuracy, mobility and size as best in this class. Can’t keep putting off addressing franchise QB.

Anderson is a plug and play defensive nightmare for opposing teams. Texans need to add weapons for Stroud both @ RB, WR, TE and Center so that’s a big ask of a rookie to carry the defense, hopefully Will & CJ are up to the task. To bad SteelbTexan won’t be there to see and enjoy the turnaround.

It’s pretty clear DeMeco really wanted Will Anderson Jr. We don’t know how long this deal with Arizona was in place? Seems complicated so really hashed out over last week or so leading up to the draft, suggesting Daniel Jeremiah has some really good sources.

Really thought of the San Francisco offense & who would be an ideal fit @ QB. Lot of folks thought Richardson and his duel threat ability, or that Stroud S2 score would drop him. However I’m sure Slowik disagrees, tested him schematically, liked his tools, reads, accuracy, mobility and size as best in this class. Can’t keep putting off addressing franchise QB.

Anderson is a plug and play defensive nightmare for opposing teams. Texans need to add weapons for Stroud both @ RB, WR, TE and Center so that’s a big ask of a rookie to carry the defense, hopefully Will & CJ are up to the task. To bad SteelbTexan won’t be there to see and enjoy the turnaround.

The defense wasn't an CJ Anderson Jr away from being spectacular. The defense still needs another LB, DE, and SS to help slow down the run game.

The offense must have an OC and maybe another OG. TE will probably be answered during the UDFA selection phase or when teams start making roster cuts, otherwise Schultz and Q should be able to handle the load. As for the running game, Pierce and Singletary take the load and the Texans should go after multi-talented and the Tom Rathman like...FB- Hunter Koepke (North Dakota State). He should be feared in the short game, expected to pop a 7-10 yard run on occasions while possessing the talent to lineup as a H-Back or additional TE. For the receiving group.....the Texans are missing a WR1. WR1 must be able to stretch defenses so Collins, TE's and RB's can have some pressure removed. I like Andrei Iosivas as a speed target with good size.

Back