NFL.com:Carr ties consecutive completions record

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by Wolf, Nov 19, 2006.

1. Wolf

Wolf 100% Texan

http://www.nfl.com/teams/story/HOU/9815090

just want to say congrats.

on a side note
    (please please try to keep this thread positive nad leave the bashing on the other threads)
    I know we are all venting and I am sure David would trade his record for a "W"
    Nothing wrong with critiquing his play but sometimes people forget that friends and family of players come on the website to read stuff and it gets kinda old hearing the same thing of "this person suc** "

2. TexaninDenver

TexaninDenver Rookie

CONGRATS, DAVID!!!! We were all pulling for you! 22 straight completions is nothing to scoff at!!

3. Napa Auto Parts

Napa Auto Parts Hall of Fame

hahahahaha its all about records and stat who cares about winning man:sarcasm:

4. Orion

Orion Rookie

yes, a record, sweet.....just what we needed.....fantastic......i feel better already......i wonder what record he will break next week....

5. Grid

Grid Hall of Fame

You sarcastic jackholes need to be beat around the head and shoulders with a sack full of doorknobs until you:

A) Lose your ability to speak or type
    B) Die

Congrats to David on a good game.. shame that it turned out like it did.

eriadoc, Wolf and bah007 like this.
  6. Grid

Grid Hall of Fame

please... PocketAces.. just.. go read a book or something. Your stupidity is seeping through my monitor.

7. Dre_80

Dre_80 Rookie

congrats, david :redtowel:

8. Specnatz

Specnatz Site Contributor

Ya know the bills were pinned how many times inside the 10 and fans want to point out one mistake there, Carr does what the coaches asked him to do and it is his fault. It would be nice just once in a while you say he did what a good job, he did what the play calling was for.

I do not mind complaining but jeez I hate whinning.

9. doughboy

doughboy Veteran

You need to chill. Congrats on the Record David.

10. Titan "Tack" Fan

Titan "Tack" Fan Hall of Fame

I mean, that's kinda cool

11. JDizzle

JDizzle I'm a dude

Whiptee doo.

12. Wolf

Wolf 100% Texan

Thanks grid..

geeze people get a grip and somehow can't leave the sarcasm on the 15 other threads that merge about Carr and him playing horribly

Carr does something good and y'all can't even be happy for the guy. yes, I think the loss stinks and wish we would have won, I don't know about y'all but I really hated the feeling of Brunnell doing that to us. I remember yelling at the defense to stop Brunell.
    It was nice for once to be on the receiving end of a postitive record than consistantly having QB's setting records against us.

Yes, I wanted a "W" as much as the rest of y'all but this hatred is honestly ridiculous. Anytime Carr does something good it is the ole "His receivers are making him good, or the OL is making him look good". Carr isn't perfect,but he has improved.

yes, stats don't win games, and I would be first to say bench Carr if he was stinking it up on the football field and put sage in,but the problem is that Carr isn't the weakest link on this team and it is a hard pill to swallow isn't it?

bah007 likes this.
  13. edo783

edo783 Site Contributor

Conratulations David. Well done.

14. MrMeToo

MrMeToo All Pro

LOL...

15. David23

David23 Rookie

Congrats DC! Keep it up!

16. Hulk75

Hulk75 Hall of Fame

in a couple of years your facial hair will grow in, dont worry.

17. JDizzle

JDizzle I'm a dude

He completed 22 passes in a row, so what? Brunell did the same thing earlier in the year and he's holding a clipboard now. Stuff like that doesn't mean jack squat if you can't put points on the board, which the offense failed to do the entire 2nd half. I also remember several of those completions going for negative yardage. But he tied a record, so yay!

18. coachdent

coachdent Veteran

Carr played a terrific game today. Carr haters need to wait another week.

He forced three balls into AJ and one got picked. He threw one ball behind AJ after he completed 22 straight.

The jump balls to AJ are not completely Carr's fault either. Carr throwing up fades to AJ has LONG been a staple in Houston. When AJ makes a play, people say that you are giving the athlete a chance to make a play and outjump the corner, when he doesn't it is Carr making a bad decision.

When you have ONE wide receiver on the field and sometimes two, it really cuts down on your ability to throw the ball down the field. When you tell your QB to take three steps and sling it up there to AJ, that isn't exactly the stuff of outstanding NFL offensive coordinating in my eyes. It is garbage.

It is garbage to have Jamel Cook on the field when it is 3rd and 15.

Plenty of other places to place blame today. It ain't Carr.

Wolf likes this.
  19. bad

bad Veteran

The consecutive completions record means very little to me, because we lost this game in the worst possible way...we shot ourselves in the foot and found a way to snatch defeat from certain victory.

This one hurts. A lot. We need to learn how to finish a team off.

Still, congrats to Carr for his accuracy mark. Heck, he's always been an accurate passer short-to mid-range. Even Carr Haters know that. Too bad his record didn't come wrapped in a win. Then it might have some real meaning for me.

20. Kaiser Toro

Kaiser Toro Native Mod

Even in Carr's record breaking performance we still wind up on the short end of the stick. Is anyone surprised that Carr could attain this record? I certainly am not.

Not sure if anyone has noticed, but Carr has not thrown a TD pass in four consecutive games. Baby steps, one more year, get him more weapons....