Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

NFL.com 3 Round Mock Draft - Chad Reuter

Lucky

Ride, Captain, Ride!
Staff member
There's enough here for everyone to hate.

Pick 1
Bryce Young
Alabama · QB · Junior
PROJECTED TRADE WITH CHICAGO BEARS

The Texans get their guy with the No. 1 overall pick, swapping spots with the Bears to land Young. Houston sends two picks from the Deshaun Watson trade (Round 3, 2023; Round 1, 2024) and gets a 2023 fifth-rounder back from the Bears to balance the deal. Young's lack of size (6-foot, 194 pounds) might be an issue for some, but his poise, leadership, athleticism and underappreciated throwing velocity give him a chance to be great.

Pick 12 Houston Texans (via CLE)

Calijah Kancey

Pittsburgh · DT · Junior (RS)

Kancey could be a top-10 pick because of his strength at the point of attack and quickness. But we've seen other smaller tackles land in the middle of the first, such as when Aaron Donald went 13th overall in 2014. New Texans coach DeMeco Ryans is quite familiar with Donald's game from his years in San Francisco, so you have to think he'd love to add a playmaker like Kancey on what will be a revamped Houston defensive line in 2023.

Pick 33 Houston Texans

Luke Musgrave

Oregon State · TE · Senior

Pick 65 Houston Texans

Felix Anudike-Uzomah

Kansas State · Edge · Junior

"The Texans get their guy with the No. 1 overall pick, swapping spots with the Bears to land Young. Houston sends two picks from the Deshaun Watson trade (Round 3, 2023; Round 1, 2024) and gets a 2023 fifth-rounder back from the Bears to balance the deal."

NOOOOOO :crazy:

Valentine day gents. I remembered. :heart: Boss got a heart shaped box of chocolates.

I'm a lucky ol grump.

:coffee:

FELIX ANUDIKE-UZOMAH might be the best value in the whole group, but then again maybe not ?
The TE from Oregon is too damn pretty, and didn't we already draft a TE from that school last year ?
I dunno what to think about our QB situation ? Maybe after the Combine & all the pro days hopefully we have more clarity.

The Texans get their guy with the No. 1 overall pick, swapping spots with the Bears to land Young. Houston sends two picks from the Deshaun Watson trade (Round 3, 2023; Round 1, 2024) and gets a 2023 fifth-rounder back from the Bears to balance the deal. Young's lack of size (6-foot, 194 pounds) might be an issue for some, but his poise, leadership, athleticism and underappreciated throwing velocity give him a chance to be great.
I would absolutely hate that

That would be way too high a price to pay though
It's a ridiculous price. The fair trade would be the Texans getting 1.1 + 3.64 for 1.2 + 2.33 + the Browns 3rd round pick in 2024. But they would be competing with a division rival for the pick. The value shoots up for the Bears. That's what Schefter was talking about last week.

It's a ridiculous price. The fair trade would be the Texans getting 1.1 + 3.64 for 1.2 + 2.33 + the Browns 3rd round pick in 2024. But they would be competing with a division rival for the pick. The value shoots up for the Bears. That's what Schefter was talking about last week.
No QB in this draft is that much better than all others to cost even the fair amount

Which is why Caserio should sit tight at 1-2. The Texans are in no position to make a trade like this, especially for this QB class.

BTW, this mock sucks.

Usually, Cal is jumping up and down like a kid on Christmas when the Texans win. But you could sense his frustration after the Indy game. He knew then that he would be put in this situation.

Lesson? If you've made up your mind to fire someone, fire them then.
Yep, if Cal didn't have the balls to fire Lovie, then he should've told Caserio to make Mills/Cooks inactive.

Had to do a “no trade” three round Mock on PFN…..just to check out the results:

RD1-02 LB- Will Anderson, Jr (Alabama)
RD1-12 WR- Quentin Johnston (TCU)

RD2-33 OC- John Michael-Schmitz (Minnesota)

RD3-65 LB- Jack Campbell (Iowa)
RD3-73 RB- Sean Tucker (Syracuse)

On the PFF simulator, QB- Hendon Hooker would still be on the board….PFN made the pick come down to Hendon Hooker or a top center. A lot of my RD2 targets are suddenly disappeared in RD1 this go round…..which could happen.

That would be a stupid move imo
Agree.
No way Chicago takes Young so he would be there at #2.
And on top of that, it would likely create a bidding war as I think Indy wants that #1 pick as well - meaning it might cost us more than the op's projection.
For mine, you take advantage of the extra first and let the chips fall where they may as you could easily bring in a vet QB to bridge to next year.
What if you receive a trade offer for the #2 that gives you two more firsts this year or an extra first next year?
That would be awesome buying power for Maye or Williams.

Last edited:
Back