NFL Blog Network Mock

Discussion in 'Mock Draft Talk' started by JWarren14, Apr 19, 2010.

1. JWarren14

JWarren14 Beer Me

2. BIG TORO

BIG TORO TERADACTYL #23

If kyle wilson is still around at 20 and we take ryan mathews im going to be pist!

3. badboy

badboy Site Contributor

4. IDEXAN

IDEXAN Hall of Fame

McCourty seems to be closing fast on Kyle Wilson as the #2 CB in the Draft after FLAs Haden. I'm reading that he's a little bit more physical, a better tackler than Wilson who's thought to be a better cover guy than McCourty.
    If the Texans use their top pick on CB, I'm thinking we might get a surprise
    about who they pick among the corners still on the Draft Board ? I'm speculating that Patrick Robinson from FSU is a real sleeper for the Texans
    choice ?

5. badboy

badboy Site Contributor

Haden is still best CB followed by Kyle Wilson. Wilson can be a starter for us game 1. Not so with McCourty who should be able to work in some after several games ala Glover Quin. I have watched WIlson and he can turn and run with WR. NFL Total Access has a clip of Wilson closing on a WR close to endzone and postioning his body in the air to block the pass with ball hitting his shoulder. Wilson completely sealed off the receiver from the ball.

Info on McCourty is he gets beat often and while he has speed once he turns around, he is too far off to make up. That probably can be corrected by coaching. I think Wilson is more of an instinctive CB.

Keep an eye on a 2nd to 4th round CB Jerome Murphy. He like Haden is a player.

6. painekiller

painekiller Hall of Fame

7. Lucky

Lucky Moderator

There's a real good chance that Wilson would start over Sheldon Brown in Philly. Especially when you consider that Brown was traded to Cleveland.

8. Revolution

Revolution All Pro

The blurb didn't say Wilson would beat Brown out, it said Wilson would take over the starting role, which is what he would do since Brown is no longer with the team, correct?