Next Season

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by JamTex, Jan 5, 2019.

1. JamTex

JamTex Hall Of Fame Texans Fan!

Watson will have experience. A weapon that has been missing will be back in Will Fuller. Keke Coutee, Jordan Thomas, Jordan Akins and Vyncint Smith will have an offseason to get even better. The running game will get better with Miller and Foreman and offensive line improvement. Gaine will improve the offensive line and corner positions through free agency and the draft.
    This team will only be better. It has the potential to be one of the most explosive teams in the NFL.
    The arrow is pointing up for this Texans team. All that is needed is a little improvement over this years team. It won't take much.
    Watt, Watson, Hopkins and Mathieu will be better next year and take this team to new heights.
    The off season starts now. Let's see the Texans improve their team during the off season and see where it leads.
    This was Watson's true learning season.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2019
  2. Texansphan

Texansphan Hall of Fame

I really believe that Bill should hire an OC.
    I would also like to see a better running game so that we can get those 3rd and shorts. That will come with improved oline play and a hammer in the backfield.

3. Thorn

Thorn Dirty Old Man

If that ******* OB keeps himself as the OC, I'll have to hope our entry in the XFL works out. It'll be my only chance to see a Houston team win something.

Corrosion, gafftop, JamTex and 4 others like this.
  4. KA4Texan

KA4Texan Clueless Wonder

IF OB doesnt at the very least get an OC I will say screw it, and I will just be playing Madden all season for my Texans football.

5. jshabang

jshabang Quality Backup!

You guys in here are HEE LARRY US....... when OB had a Offensive Coordinator a couple years ago .......this board was crying that he needs to fire him and take over play calling....... now that’s he play calling y’all say he needs to get a coordinator...... MAKE UP YOUR MINDS ALREADY....... y’all more Bi Polar in here then my ex wife lol

JamTex, CWTexansFan and Mr teX like this.
  6. KA4Texan

KA4Texan Clueless Wonder

I for one never said OB should take over anything.

7. infantrycak

infantrycak Admin & Mod Staff Member

Some wanted OB to call plays, a few. Most wanted a new OC, same as now.

8. ATXtexanfan

ATXtexanfan Site Contributor

Next year the colts will be better. They nailed it In the draft (2 all pro rookies) and fixed their oline. They also have the most cap room. Watson still learning, Luck in his golden years. They have a better coaching staff. Texans won the division but 1-2 vs a divison rival. Let's throw in the jags will have a new qb and the titans made some noise this year. I hate being a terrible Texan fan but I'm not a stupid Texans fan. Man I need OB to evolve and we saw today Watson is not ready.

9. TheKDog

TheKDog Hall of Fame

Next year before the season: "The OL looks a lot better and the new weapons we sign/drafted look great! The offense will be good."

Halfway through next season, averaging 20 ppg: "We need to fix the OL and get Deshaun some more weapons."

10. powda

powda Team BLEACH!

Very encouraging the way you present it. Trouble is OB is prone to stupid. We had 2 rookie te's that shouldve started and played a much bigger role all year. We knew it. Ob did not.

And now time for our regularly scheduled off season war cry...

"Fix the offensive line!"

We all knew it. Some of us have been begging for 4-5 years to pour talent into this line. Again and again but the Texans always outsmart themselves here. And we always watch. We let guys like brown and Brooks go while giving new contracts to a guy like newton. Wtf. WTF!

Break the cycle. We ruined Carr with an ol and we're doing it again with Watson if we dont act now.

Skip the bs we always pull. Drafting a small school guy with good talent who's 2 years away with the "right coaching." Signing a jag free agent who was our 2nd or 3rd choice and had a solid season a few years back. Signing a free agent who's not really good at anyone position but he sure can play them all.

I'm so tired of that crap and the company line.

You wanna win? Fix the ol. You want Watson to be great? Fix the goddamned ol. You want a run game? Fix the muthaphucking ol. Draft some monsters. I want truly unruly nasty mean sobs and you keep drafting them till you get it right.

You know what else happens when you get the right ol? It fixes the stupid coaching calls. 1st down runs go for 5 yards instead of 2. Lamar Miller looks legit. Red zone offense improves dramatically.

What I'm trying to say is, a legit ol improves Watson, improves our wr's, improves our rb's, improves our redzone offense, improves our time of possession (thusly helping the defense,) and minimizes all the stupid calls from our oc.

So do it already.

11. Norg

Norg -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

I think umm DC needs to go has well racks is a good DC but its time for someone new and the players all say they love racks but they sure dont play like they love his system

go back to a 4-3 get a new DC and OC prob …????

12. Mr teX

Mr teX Hall of Fame

You just worry about our "great" defense stopping someone on 3rd down...

13. infantrycak

infantrycak Admin & Mod Staff Member

Why go 4-3?

powda likes this.
  14. TheKDog

TheKDog Hall of Fame

Well if obrien hand picked a bad DC, that's more reason to fire him.

In any case holding Luck to 21 points should be good enough. But the offense is trash

Texansballer74 likes this.
  15. BOBdaFRAUD

BOBdaFRAUD Veteran

BOB must go. No retaining this mess. You seen the game.

BOB lost the city, the players ............. how can management retain this goof ball.

Gaine needs to find replacement.

16. powda

powda Team BLEACH!

Wishful thinking. They went 11-5. Hes not going anywhere. Sorry.

Texas Jake likes this.
  17. JamTex

We lost in the Wild Card round this year. This team was 11-5 after losing key players. The O-line is definitely an issue. Gaine knows that. This team improved in 1 season. 11-5 ain't bad no matter how it was won. Yes O'Brien needs to relinquish the O coordinator to someone that is capable and has fresh ideas for how to use Watson. Another coach that needs to go is Devilin. Another is the secondary coach. Maybe a good running backs coach. Then get a good tight ends coach. Some of those coaches might come with a real offensive coordinator. Improvements are needed in several areas. Let's give Gaine a chance. We might just see something better then we ever saw under Smith. Next year begins now. There is hope for a great team with some of the players that are on this team now and will be back next year, plus free agency and the draft.

TexansFan15 likes this.
  18. BOBdaFRAUD

BOBdaFRAUD Veteran

NO NO!!!!

He must go. We saw today he does not have it. First year coach took him to barn and beat the **** out of him. We had better talent than the dolts.

Nobody is gonna take this guy's coaching seriously.......... that was not even close game.

Great guy and all, he does not have what it takes. You gonna trust him with another run next year? We know what were gonna get.

I hope he is fired tomorrow. :D

19. powda

powda Team BLEACH!

Play the lotto. The chances are better.

Corrosion likes this.
  20. JamTex

He won't be. He's here next year like it or not. What is needed is a strong, young offensive coordinator with fresh ideas on how to use the talents of Deshaun Watson and the weapons he has. Bring in a real offensive line coach. A real tight ends coach. A real running backs coach, A real Secondary coach and a real Linebackers coach. Then pick up some real talent for the offensive line and corner position in free agency and the draft. That's what it's going to take. Gaine needs to take control and make sure it happens.

TexansBull likes this.