Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

newest nugget...................

Bongo59

Waterboy
DRob to the Texans straight up for DDavis.................Drob is also sought after by Denver for Lelie and a 4th....................just want to let you know i hear it from Jeff Legwald.....................

Bongo59 said:
DRob to the Texans straight up for DDavis.................Drob is also sought after by Denver for Lelie and a 4th....................just want to let you know i hear it from Jeff Legwald.....................

I thought Drob was involved in another trade you proposed a few days ago? Is there really something to this? :confused:

I'm trying to understand you here Bongo.

You're saying Drob (which around these parts here is Dunta Robinson) for Domanick Davis? Makes no sense.

Bongo59 said:

DRob to the Texans? All I know is Dunta Robinson, and he's already on the Texans. Who are you referring to here?

And I see trading DDavis as kind of difficult if I'm correct about his contract situation.

DRob DT 4th pick of the draft from Kentucky DRob................WOW! talk about tunnel vision. Just thought i'd let you all know.............i think this telegraphs Bush..................

ledzeppelin269 said:
DRob to the Texans? All I know is Dunta Robinson, and he's already on the Texans. Who are you referring to here?

And I see trading DDavis as kind of difficult if I'm correct about his contract situation.

$200,000. If he plays, he'll cost us $3.8 million against the cap...... if we trade him, he'll cost us $4 million against the cap.

He's tradeable.

"Do the chickens have large talons?"

"Son! I didn't understand a word you just said!"

(Dwayne Rob for DD? Done!)

Casserly had Robertson rated the #2 player in the '03 draft. Behind only AJ.

Robertson has a $4.67 million salary due in '06. He'd have to agree to a restructure just to fit under the cap. That doesn't even count the cap hit the Texans would take in trading DD. I don't think Jeff Legwald put the pen to the paper on this one.

is this really a good trade for us. i know you can't have too many good d-lineman but dt is a postion that we have a few options right now and could use help at other positions. plus that then takes away from us drafting reggie because now he would take more snaps at rb instead of moving him around. i guess good thing this trade won't happen. plus d robertson hasn't exactly lived up to the hype that was around before the 03 draft and I thought of him more as a guy that had a great work out instead of having a great career at UK.

Lucky said:
Casserly had Robertson rated the #2 player in the '03 draft. Behind only AJ.

Robertson has a $4.67 million salary due in '06. He'd have to agree to a restructure just to fit under the cap. That doesn't even count the cap hit the Texans would take in trading DD. I don't think Jeff Legwald put the pen to the paper on this one.
Lucky is quite correct..............Drob was really sought after but CC could not find anyone who would trade down..............but the Jets trade two ones to get him.................

The only way this trade would happen would be if we cut a few vets in order to save some money...The cap hit from trading Davis this year would be brutal...

Even if we were going to trade him, why would we trade him for a borderline bust at a position where we have good depth?

kubiak thinks he needs to be stoudt up front with running a 5 man rotation to keep them all fresh...........it will portect the back 7..............Drob can play in a 4-3............guy has a ton of skill..............DDavis is a player but with RBush he is going ot be seriously devalued going forward..............valuable yes but his value will never be higher than right now................this is a deal the Texans should make but any deal that makes sense usually he passes on.............and he takes deals like PBuch...............or Babin

For giggles here's Robertson cap numbers...

2006 4,669,994.00
2007 2,475,000.00
2008 6,800,000.00
2009 4,500,000.00

I sure hope there is no truth to this rumor...

You people are gonna have to stop calling him Drob..you are confusing people :)

There is only one Drob in Houston. Dunta Robinson.

The guy we are talking about trading Domanick Davis for is Dewayne Robertson.. a DT from the NYJets who was drafted in 2003.

I dont like the deal for one big reason.. We cant afford to lose DD. We dont have the depth.

Grid said:
You people are gonna have to stop calling him Drob..you are confusing people :)

There is only one Drob in Houston. Dunta Robinson.

The guy we are talking about trading Domanick Davis for is Dewayne Robertson.. a DT from the NYJets who was drafted in 2003.

I dont like the deal for one big reason.. We cant afford to lose DD. We dont have the depth.

We'd have $4 million worth of dead money..... Morency would move up the ladder, unless we resign Wells.....Which, I would prefer with Bush in the back field, because he can line up as a full back, then take two steps back if Reggie is motioned out to the slot.

Regardless how good this fellow is, if Charles Woodson is still available, I'd like to explore that avenue.

All I know is I would rather have a backfield comprised of Bush/Davis/Morency than a backfield of Bush/Morency/?. I have a feeling this whole thing is just hooey.

thunderkyss said:
Regardless how good this fellow is, if Charles Woodson is still available, I'd like to explore that avenue.

Unless you're planning on lining up Woodson at DT he is inconsequential and irrelevent to this argument...

texan279 said:
All I know is I would rather have a backfield comprised of Bush/Davis/Morency than a backfield of Bush/Morency/?. I have a feeling this whole thing is just hooey.
At long last, we agree on something!!!:ok:

D-ReK said:
Unless you're planning on lining up Woodson at DT he is inconsequential and irrelevent to this argument...

what??

we don't need another DT..... let's see about trading for something we need.

thunderkyss said:
what??

we don't need another DT..... let's see about trading for something we need.

I agree...

In fact, I said that exact same thing in post 21 of this thread...

Off topic, but if we have the cap space, I'd love to go after Woodson and possibly move him to FS...He's close to Buchanon and Robinson and he seems to like the city (he's here all the time)...

D-ReK said:
I agree...

In fact, I said that exact same thing in post 21 of this thread...

Off topic, but if we have the cap space, I'd love to go after Woodson and possibly move him to FS...He's close to Buchanon and Robinson and he seems to like the city (he's here all the time)...

So why you bust'n my chops??

thunderkyss said:
We'd have $4 million worth of dead money..... Morency would move up the ladder, unless we resign Wells.....Which, I would prefer with Bush in the back field, because he can line up as a full back, then take two steps back if Reggie is motioned out to the slot.

Wouldn't DD's cap hit affect the "4 million dead money" this season? Also, I don't foresee Dewayne Rob renegotiating too low to allow for us to fit him under the cap this season. He's scheduled to make some big money in the next 3 seasons. Why on earth would he take a million dollar cut just to let this trade happen.

About Woodson, I completely disagree. Like a previous poster said, "why sign Coleman #2" He was a good corner, but he is way past his prime and lacks the tackling skills to be an effective safety. We can't make a large quantity of free agency moves if we are striving to manage the cap and create a solid team for the next four to five years. FA is usually temporary (i.e. Cowart and Flanagan) who help set the team up to win now and develop younger talent. But throwing large amounts of money at short term bandages will not help this team in the long run. Woodson is looking for a large payout this season, and by throwing money at him, we cut off money we can use to strengthen our draft class, such as gaining more picks or oving into the 1st again or whatever.

Man.... 35 posts responding to an alledged deal from a Titan troll. One, we don't need another DT. We're not dealing DD!

champ1234 said:
Wouldn't DD's cap hit affect the "4 million dead money" this season? Also, I don't foresee Dewayne Rob renegotiating too low to allow for us to fit him under the cap this season. He's scheduled to make some big money in the next 3 seasons. Why on earth would he take a million dollar cut just to let this trade happen.

About Woodson, I completely disagree. Like a previous poster said, "why sign Coleman #2" He was a good corner, but he is way past his prime and lacks the tackling skills to be an effective safety.

The $4 million, dead money I'm talking about, is DD's cap hit, if he's traded.

as far as Charles Woodson goes, we just signed a probowl #1 reciever for a 5th(6th??) round pick, and $2 million a year......... I think we can handle Woodson...

& that's fine, if you don't want Woodson... but let's try to fill a whole, and not chase every big name that might be available...... FA, or the Draft... somewhere in there, we have to address needs.

well i remember the david givens thing but most people were pretty sure he wasn't going to sign with us so it wasn't exactly a scoop

he'll have alot more misses after this week when that preposterous 3 team trade doesnt happen

Back