Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

New York City Houston Texan Game Watching Party

NYCTexan

Practice Squad
The power of the social media has allowed us to find a Texan bar in New York City.

This Monday night at 8, the Idle Hands bar in Manhattan (Alphabet City area) will be showing the game on 3 HD screens with several Texan friendly drink specials.

The bar is located on Ave B b/w 2nd and 3rd street: www.idlehandsbar.com

Currently, we have about 10-15 steady Texan fans.

Drop me an email if you want more info...

nandagiri at hotmail dot com

jaayteetx

All Pro
Wow, biggest city in the country and a whole 10-15 texans fans! Your a hearty bunch, I'm sure. Have fun!

NitroGSXR

Super Sic #58
Wow, biggest city in the country and a whole 10-15 texans fans! Your a hearty bunch, I'm sure. Have fun!
If they're steady attendees... then they're worlds better than Austinite fans. I wish we had 10-15 every week at a bar.

Alhough, I am guilty of being one who's not interested in going but that's more of a handicap accessibility issue. I heard a rumor that an advocacy group was going to court vs several bars/restaurants here in town for their lack of captioning. The issue is really bad here which is ironic because Austin is in the top three for most populous Deaf community in the US.

Back to topic, I miss Houston and New York sounds way cooler than Austin for Texans fans so there!

dc_txtech

All Pro
If they're steady attendees... then they're worlds better than Austinite fans. I wish we had 10-15 every week at a bar.

Alhough, I am guilty of being one who's not interested in going but that's more of a handicap accessibility issue. I heard a rumor that an advocacy group was going to court vs several bars/restaurants here in town for their lack of captioning. The issue is really bad here which is ironic because Austin is in the top three for most populous Deaf community in the US.

Back to topic, I miss Houston and New York sounds way cooler than Austin for Texans fans so there!
Well to be fair the games aren't shown on TV in NY, so if you want to see it you gotta shell out the bucks for Sunday ticket or go to a bar. We have had some pretty good get togethers in Round Rock when games weren't on the network channels.

Cool to hear there are some good Texans fans up in NYC though.

SheTexan

Hall of Fame
The power of the social media has allowed us to find a Texan bar in New York City.

This Monday night at 8, the Idle Hands bar in Manhattan (Alphabet City area) will be showing the game on 3 HD screens with several Texan friendly drink specials.

The bar is located on Ave B b/w 2nd and 3rd street: www.idlehandsbar.com

Currently, we have about 10-15 steady Texan fans.

Drop me an email if you want more info...

nandagiri at hotmail dot com

That's really cool!!! Truthfully, I would love to be there! I wanna go to NY and see Lombardi on Broadway before it goes away. You all have fun and we'll send a toast your way from the Blue Crew!!! Rep us well, we need all the help we can get!!

Hardcore Texan

Magnet Man
Well, if I ever get up that way, and I just might one day. The wife and I want to spend a weekend up there sometime, we'll have to make it football season.

:texflag:

NYCTexan

Practice Squad
It is true, that typically Texans games are not going to be the main game on in NYC, especially since the Giants and Jets take precedence and they are on opposing networks.

The sad thing has been, that when I googled Texans or NFL bars by team, when queried about the Texans, one site resulted in this "Are you kidding?"

That is the state of affairs in Manhattan. However, I, and our fellow Texans have started a campaign to be warm and accomodating to tourists and fellow Southerners who have reverse carpet bagged and come up here. We aim to make everyone love Texas and Texans.

So back to the topic - we have 10-15 regulars and about 5-7 friends of Texans' fans. I KNOW there are more of us, its just that the team is mired in mediocrity and therefore, fans are not going to be motivated to get out and sit with strangers, albeit who would be wearing the same colors.

And I have persuaded my NY born and raised fiancee' to watch the games with me. She gets freaked at my emotional outbursts (she is a Yankee/baseball fan and is a Psychiatrist so....) but has been to 4 of the game watching parties.

Just as an FYI - the Longhorn alumni group in NYC is about ~400-500 people now. They fill up two huge bars for their football games.

Now, if we could just win and win and win, the bandwagon will grow. But you can bet that if any of yall come up here, we will be watching and supporting our boys in the Steel Blue.

texanskan

Waterboy
ZX758 who is on here sometimes lives in the city along with his brother.

Hill Country BBQ is the official bar of the Longhorns, Texans, Rockets and Astros

Problem is they only have a few tvs but you get sound.

Whenever I was in the city we would just hit up the opposing teams bar for sound