New Team Cuts?

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by jmlockett, Oct 2, 2005.

1. jmlockett

jmlockett Rookie

OK I may be a little off. I still say trade Carr, keep Capers till the end of the season. We could possibly get a decent LT and couple of support players. :hairpull:

2. harley7

harley7 Rookie

Carr did fine and the team looked pretty good. The stupid ***** officiating ruined an exciting game. Officials that are so piss poor need to be fired by the league. There is no excuse for such bush league officiating. What a joke!!

3. CyberTexan

CyberTexan Veteran

I agree Carr played a decent game that call was total BS , I can understand a bad call but when you get the chance to make it right by a replay then do it .

4. the wonger need food

the wonger need food Hall of Fame

Right.... the officials lost the game.

Carr looked great! Barely 100 yards... fine day!

The bar keeps getting lower.

5. Wolf

Wolf 100% Texan

I doubt we get more than a 2nd or 3rd round for carr if they seeked to trade him (we aren't trading him)

6. Bubbajwp

Bubbajwp All Flopper

So 174 yards is barely 100 yards. I think you need to go back to school.
    17-26 65%

7. ccdude730

ccdude730 Hall of Fame

the officials didnt make us lose the game, but they changed the momentum. carr had just picked up a first down. they killed the drive.

as for who lost the game? well i think our Oline plus carr cost us that. we held them on defense and came away with some breaks. running game wasnt too bad but carr needs to make better decisions and the line needs to get b***h slapped and be told to block otherwise they wont be bringing home any bread as a nfl player

8. SheTexan

SheTexan Site Contributor

Riley needs to get the lead out or sit his big butt on the bench!! He got burned to many times today by a ROOKIE! I was embarrassed!!

9. HomeBred_Texan

HomeBred_Texan Hall of Fame

LOL. I was thinking the same thing. Yea, we lost the game over 1 call. Sorry, I don't buy it. It was the same game plan as always. Run, Run, Run, punt.
    I like Carr. He needs some help though. Another wide out, a heck of allot better OL, and a speedster at RB. I said all alone last year at the draft, build the offense. We need help badly. Got lots of "fan mail" over that one. Now the boo birds are out because we can't score. We didn't draft to score, we drafted to stop other teams which is what the d did today. But it doesn't matter if you can hold the other team to just a field goal if you can't get one yourself.

Offense wins games, period. Capers and Casserly should have drafted that way.... :brickwall

10. touttail

touttail All Pro

Bad call on Petey when he was covering Henry in the endzone.
    Then the rug pulled out form under us by the ***** Ref calling it a fumble. How in the world was Carr's arm not going forward when the ball went straight ahead and hit a lineman?

bobby 119C :texflag:

11. Texas

Texas Hall of Fame

Well I beleive Carr had a decent game. He did what he needed to do accept for a small few slips. He still has to prove to me that hes worth our #1 spot though and the only way to do that is step it up 1 more knotch and consistancy.

12. Scooter

Scooter Funky

that's just ignorant. we passed more than we ran today & only went 3/out once.

13. keyfro

keyfro Hall of Fame

bottom line this was still a lose...in my eyes carr did not turn the ball over this game...although the refs f'ed us in the 4th quarter of the game...leading me to believe that the nfl is fixed in some way...texans get screwed in the 4th quarter by that call and the steelers get f'ed by the time keeper giving the patriots 52 seconds to tie/win the game in the 4th quarter...anyways

here's the bottom line for this team...next week we have a very weak opponent that we should sweep this season...or atleast that was the thought process going into this season...now we know what we're 0-3 and the titans are like 2-2...this is a game we cannot afford to lose...if we lose this game at home might as well go 0-16 in my eyes...it's interesting that shannon sharpe mentioned we should go look at getting ross verba in here...i don't know about ya'll but right now any help would be welcomed

14. Bubbajwp

Bubbajwp All Flopper

Thats no were near good enough for this :loser

15. Bubbajwp

Bubbajwp All Flopper

I can already see him complaining about the colts only having 10TD's per game.

16. the wonger need food

the wonger need food Hall of Fame

What's a ban wagon? Is that what the lepers get shipped away in? Anyway, I was a Colts fan before 2002. Too late to turn back now.

If Carr was supposed to lead his team to a loss, he succeeded.

17. utahmark

utahmark markbeth

so you were a colt's fan untill they started getting good. then when you relized they were for real you switched to an expansion team. sounds like your setting yourself up to lose. maybe you just like to b@@@@.

18. Bubbajwp

Bubbajwp All Flopper

Do us all a favor and go away.

19. HJam72

HJam72 Hall of Fame

Honestly guys, I don't think we lost that game because of the officials. Granted, it was a horrible call, but I don't really think we had much "momentum" going. A first down is a long way from the other end-zone. What it did do was kill our meager chances--and completely unfairly.

Our offense was for crud in the second half. No reason to think they would've scored on that drive.

20. utahmark

utahmark markbeth

we started that drive from the 10. we were moving the ball pretty well. and dont forget about the stupid pass interferance call in the endzone. that was also a bad call. if the game was called better we would of had a good shot of winning. its hard to win on the road with bad calls.