New stadium food...?!

Discussion in 'Texan Tailgate' started by Yankee_In_TX, Jul 23, 2007.

1. Yankee_In_TX

Yankee_In_TX Dance Lindsay!

I say awesome on one, and the other, well.....
    Also, does this mean they will longer be dolling out concession sales to be run by kids as fundraising (not sure how it works, but part of Aramark is fundraising and I was explained this is why my credit card totals were always screwed up - some times over, some times under - the day after).

2. Texan_Bill

Texan_Bill Subscribed Contributor

I just received that email "Message from the President"......

The Bum thing is cool.... But honestly, in 5 seasons, I can't recall ever buying food (if you don't get enough to eat out at the tailgate - you're wrong!). If they want my approval on upgrades, hows about reasonable beer prices.

3. Yankee_In_TX

Ask anyone that went to All Access what the BBQ tasted like. I'm excited for Prince's burgers. never had one myself, but hear they're really good. Then again, I don't normally even buy food inside, lol.

4. Texan_Bill

Texan_Bill Subscribed Contributor

First... Prince's burgers rock (or at least they used to - haven't had one in a few years).

Who provided the BBQ for all access?? Was it nasty??

5. Yankee_In_TX

There were three, ummm, flavors? And fans voted on their "favorite." It was like asking:

Please pick your favorite QB: Peyton, Carr, or DelHome?

6. Texans_Chick

Texans_Chick Utopian Dreamer

Prince's hamburgers--sweet. That's even better than the suggestion that was over in this blog post about getting Whataburger: link--I sent this to the Texans at their request

The biggest task they are going to have is being able to serve that fast enough. When there a couple of good food choices at Reliant and the rest are eh, the good food places get overwhelmed with people. I looked to see where the location was going to be.

I have to say that I usually eat something inside the stadium. I have to keep the food to beer ratios correct. Sometimes at the tailgates, I blather so much I forget to eat much, or I eat a bunch of meat, and not enough carbs. If I don't eat enough to soak up the beer, then I feel like crap after the game.

You know, our preseason home games are likely to be pretty over-the-top with the Bears and Cowboys on Saturday nights. :cool:

7. frequentfliertx

frequentfliertx Rookie

I think that the food/drink prices are too exorbitant! I wonder what the profit margin is for all those concessions. At All Access I could've sworn that one of the BBQ choices was pot roast.

8. dskillz

dskillz Veteran

Mark me as one of the people who rarely eat in the stadium as well, BUT there were those times when I might have over-did it at the tailgate and needed something in my belly besides Jager, Miller, and Crown. I will make it a point to get a Prince's hamburger at some point this season for sure.

9. Double Barrel

Double Barrel Modified Simian

Shooooot, I'm in python mode half of the times I go to a game. Tailgating offers so much great food that I can barely have room in my stomach for a halftime soda! Then, we cook after the game, too! I usually skip dinner when I get home because I've eaten so much all day.

10. Speedy

Speedy Yeller Dweller

Yes it was nasty. If that's the BBQ they'll be putting Bum's name on, that ought to require a hanging.

11. Hagar

Hagar Drink up yall, its the Texans!

I'm with DB on this one. I'm going to continue to eat way too much at the tailgate and buy a drink at half.

I've eaten the stadium food a couple of times and found it to be less then satisfing.

If I hear some good things about the food after the first few games, I may change my ways.

12. SheTexan

SheTexan Site Contributor

I hope they make the Prince's burgers the way they use too, and THANK GOODNESS they did NOT put in a Whataburger!! Nastiest burger on the face of the planet!! JMO! My kids eat Reliant food though, and they usually love the BBQ. Hope Bum didn't stick his name to something thats bad. NOW, if they would only bring back the DOTS ice cream!!!:)

13. TxDavid

TxDavid Go Coogs!

Those of you who have never had a Price's burger are missing out.

It's nice to see they are fixing the Credit Card issue. What about the ATM issue? There was always one down on the BullPen side of the stadium. I finally gave up and get cash before the game now. I never use my credit card at the game. I did it one time, and it was all sorts of fowled up.

14. Vinny

Vinny shiny happy fan Staff Member

blasphemy!

me wubs some whataburger chicken sammich!

15. dskillz

dskillz Veteran

I wonder if Ia show my avator at Bum's place would I get free food? :shades:

16. frequentfliertx

frequentfliertx Rookie

Actually I would rather receive a letter from the President saying that they were going to deliver us a winning football team instead of telling us about our food choices. I mean, the choice of hamburgers doesn't put any numbers in the win column.

17. Texan_Lee

Texan_Lee Lost for now...

There might be some new choices in the food items, but I guarantee they are going to charge those normal high prices as always... that's half the reason I never buy food in the stadium...

18. SheTexan

SheTexan Site Contributor

I have to admit Vinny, all my g-kids LOVE whataburger chicken sammiches. I do like their breakfast though, just not their hamburgers. Rotten tomato's, wilted lettuce, and soggy buns just don't cut it for me!! Maybe it's just Pasadena, where everything seems to be going downhill.

19. Tedc

Tedc Hardheaded

Rule #1. Don't eat ANYTHING in Pasadena.:wild:

20. Texans_Chick

Texans_Chick Utopian Dreamer

I will always have a special place in my heart for the Whataburgers. If you worked late shift work back in the day, they were the only fast food near my house that was open 24 hours a day. (Until Wendys did late night on the weekends).

I used to eat a Whataburger combo meal 5 nights a week at 3:00 am.

After I didn't work that job any more, it was years before I could eat a Whataburger again, and it always brings up memories of that time in my life.

My dearest wish is that they would serve taquitos 24 hours a day. Taquitos are what you eat when you are dying for Mexican breaky but don't have a true Mexican restaurant around.

I don't do fast food fried chicken sammichs. It just seems wrong to me that a chicken sandwich should be less healthy than a hamburger. (more fat and calories). I used to eat whatever crap I wanted until my cholesterol numbers got wonky on me. Now they are more bueno--I save all my bad eting for gameday.