New Orleans - Split off from Vince Announcing thread

Discussion in 'The National Football League' started by LikeABoss, Jan 8, 2006.

1. LikeABoss

LikeABoss All Pro

Please, explain why it's not an attractive spot?

2. The Dream

The Dream Hall of Fame

uhhhhhhhhhhhh cause the city's destroyed, the team stinks, do I really need to go on?

3. Tulip

Tulip Hall of Fame

Cheap owner, perennially underachieving team, no one knows where the team is going to move and when, and - to add on top of all that - Katrina.

If the Saints' free agents don't want to be there, why would draft prospects want to be?

4. LikeABoss

LikeABoss All Pro

The city is being rebuilt, the Superdome is being rebuilt, hell they are already playing college basketball in New Orleans and the Hornets will be playing 3 games back there this season. I don't think you really know the conditions of the city, cause if it was that bad Taglibue would not let the Saints play in New Orleans next season.

The Saints has way less holes than you think. But, I'll just let you live in your little delusional world on that one.

Not really, you should have never replied to me to begin with cause my question was never intended for you.

5. Khari

Khari Administrator Staff Member

personal insults will get your posts deleted

6. The Dream

The Dream Hall of Fame

I apologize.....but he insulted me first, so I had to reply.

7. LikeABoss

LikeABoss All Pro

This is gonna change, the Saints General Manager Mickey Loomis seems intent on turning this team into a winner. It was his decision to fire Haslett, and Tom Ben$son gave him full authority to turn this team around with no questions asked.

It seems the Saints aren't the only underachieving team, plus that will be changed next season with a better coach in place.

Well right now, they are in Louisiana and the commissioner is giving the people of Louisiana a chance to show that they can still support the team. It's up to the fans to show that they can still support the team. As far as Katrina, well that's over.

Please name the free agents that don't won't to be there. The only free agents I know that are leaving is Darren Howard. LeCharles will be franchised, and he also said in a interview with Kenny Wilkerson that he wants to play with the Saints.

8. The Dream

The Dream Hall of Fame

Most people in N.O. (the ones that are still there) aren't concerned about sports (of any kind) right now.

9. Tulip

Tulip Hall of Fame

It's going to change, it's going to change.....

When it does, I'm sure players will be interested in New Orleans again.

10. LikeABoss

LikeABoss All Pro

And you know this how????

11. The Dream

The Dream Hall of Fame

Look no one wants to go to a team that might change cities and who's city is destroyed.......it will take a long time before that city is even close to normal again.

12. LikeABoss

LikeABoss All Pro

The organization is making step towards change, it's pretty obvious when they decided to let Haslett go. What else can be proven right now? The Saints will be interviewing head coaching candidates next week when they officially move back into their training facility.

13. tulexan

tulexan Hall of Fame

Have you been to New Orleans recently?

14. BREAZE

BREAZE Veteran

Do we really need to explain this any further? Look, don't take this wrong but you don't reside in N.O.. If your boss made you re-locate your family there right now I'm guessing you would not be dancing in the streets. Its unfortunate what happened there and nobody is questioning that the city is not rebuilding and things won't get better...N.O. will and they will be stronger for it! Its just not a place you want to start an NFL career at right now. Its like re-locating into a house that is undergoing a complete remodel...its confusing, loud, dusty, and hard to focus...

15. LikeABoss

LikeABoss All Pro

And your opinion speaks for everyone?

Man, just stop, this doesn't need to continue any further.

Obviously, you really don't know the conditions of the city, other than the damage you seen on tv.

16. The Dream

The Dream Hall of Fame

Yes, actually I have....I work at a real estate office and we always get people from N.O. coming in saying they want out of their city, because there's nothing to go back to, just because there are a few businesses opened in the French Quarter doesn't mean the city is back to normal.....I'm done arguing this point, because I think some people like to argue just for the sake of it.

17. LikeABoss

LikeABoss All Pro

You really don't know the conditions of the city other than what you saw on TV. Just ask yourself, if the commissioner has been to New Orleans, do you really think he would let one of his teams play in the city of New Orleans if things were that bad. I mean the commissioner is observing this whole thing.

18. BREAZE

BREAZE Veteran

My job has me going there. Look, if Greyhound is having tours to take folks around to see damage then the city has a ways to go...but it will get there...;)

19. LikeABoss

LikeABoss All Pro

What affect does this really have on rather a team is playing their though?

The games are played in a stadium that is being repaired.

20. The Dream

The Dream Hall of Fame

It's not fun playing in front of a empty stadium....N.O. has so many problems they need to be focusing on before their sports teams.