New Orleans New Guy

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by BillPeterson, Aug 13, 2006.

1. BillPeterson

BillPeterson Noob

I am a native Houstonian who relocated to NO several years ago and was recently re-located back to Houston by my company due to the hurricane Katrina last year, and consider myself both a Saints fan and a Texan fan.Just wanted to get that out of the way. Ok, loved the zone blocking scheme implemented by Kubiak, I've seen it work in Denver, mad props. Loved the combination of speed, power,agility and plain old toughness and tenacity demonstrated by the rookie rb. Sage Rosenfelz(spelling?) seemed shaky at first, but soon settled in to put on a demonstration of leadership that reminded me of Troy Aikman-don't get me wrong-I'm not saying he's the next Troy Aikman or anything like that, I'm just saying he remained calm and demonstrated true leadership on the field, which is what the Texans sorely need. Alas, David Carr was the same old David. On the run from the snap, throwing into coverage, locking on to one receiver, last night it was Eric Moulds underneath. So, here we are-tough schedule ahead. I have a feeling it's gonna be a long season. So, now I guess I'm gonna go to the Saints board and gloat.:mario: Mario who? Did he play last night?

2. TexanBacker93

TexanBacker93 Hall of Fame

Carr was rolling out after the snap, not on the run. He threw to Moulds and Andre. I never got the impression he was locked into just 1 receiver. The pass the Andre that was almost intercepted was a poor decision. The long throw to Andre that was tipped by the LB was just a great play by the Chiefs. A little more touch maybe, but it wasn't a bad pass. Overall, I don't have the sense of impending doom that you feel.

3. Hulk75

Hulk75 Hall of Fame

On the ball that was almost picked, it looked like the RB that was supposed to freeze the Corner never got out there deep enough to hold the Corner for a second.

Cause if the Corner is stalled just for a second right there it is a good throw, maybe Carr was expecting him to.:cool:

OR maybe it was just not a throw he should try again.:cool:

4. TheRealJoker

TheRealJoker Hall of Fame

Its kinda scary how jealous Saints fans are that we took Mario out right from under them.

5. Titan "Tack" Fan

Titan "Tack" Fan Hall of Fame

No they aren't. Saints fans couldn't be more happy that the Texans passed on Reggie. Find one Saints fan who doesn't want Reggie ... not gonna happen.

6. Tx'nFanLostInSkinCountry

Tx'nFanLostInSkinCountry Veteran

MY friend you have taken the words right out of my mouth. Has been said on other threads that Mario was on NO draft board as their #1 had we taken Bush, IMO that why we took him and did not trade down(not that we had many offers to trade down) But with so many 'ants fans coming to our board I'm starting to think thay are kind of jealous.

7. Ryan

Ryan THIS YEAR

domt come back here again..go back to the saints mb!! maybe next year you can get adrian peterson with the first overall pick next year!

8. NoBullTexan

NoBullTexan Veteran

Oh, yes, and I'm sure you'er glad your "tacks" lost to that same New Orleans team last night? Hey ticky, take your "tack" butt back to your own board - or did they ban you?

KKHouston and edo783 like this.

9. texan279

texan279 Hall of Fame

Man come on, titan fan didn't do anything, him and the original poster were just stating their opinions, they werent trolling or anything, some of our own fans in this post are acting like trolls...

10. Titan "Tack" Fan

Titan "Tack" Fan Hall of Fame

Thank you, and consideing I lived in New Orleans when they drafted Reggie Bush and talke to MANY Saints fans who were more than happy they got Reggie Bush ... I know what I'm talking about.

11. KKHouston

KKHouston Veteran

Now, ask Jeff Fisher if he thinks you should have taken Vince Young, or not.

12. TexanBacker93

I'll have to go look at that one again. It ended up being a good play by Andre no matter what.

Everyone here can speculate as to what the players should have done and how they performed. The only ones that matter are probably going through the game tapes for the 4th time right now and will see things the rest of us (well, except maybe Vinny) can only dream of understanding. I have faith that the coaching staff will get everyone on this team playing their best.

13. KKHouston

KKHouston Veteran

No doubt, the Saints fans are happy they took Reggie Bush. As well as getting Drew Brees. I've heard the stores stopped carrying Paper Bags for a few weeks. Said it was the first time in 40 years people preferred plastic over paper when getting their groceries bagged.

edo783 likes this.
  14. TexanBacker93

I think both views are correct. Saints probably were looking at Mario with the 2nd pick assuming the Texans took Bush. The Saints would have been happy with either one and weren't going to trade up. The Texans wanted Mario and couldn't trade below #2 and keep him. The Texans got a player to help create a dominant defense (2 series in 1 preseason game doesn't make or break a player). The Saints got a marquee player that will help bring fans back to their team.

It's a win-win situation.

KKHouston, TK_Gamer and HOU-TEX like this.
  15. KKHouston

KKHouston Veteran

That was probably the most intelligent breakdown of the situation I've read on here, to date.:twocents: Thanks

16. MrMeToo

MrMeToo All Pro

No, the way Mario and Reggie performed yesterday I'd say they are pretty satisfied.

17. WildBlackBear32

WildBlackBear32 All Pro

Then they are idiots for thinking the preseason means anything.

18. KKHouston

KKHouston Veteran

As someone else said in another thread:

Mario: 0 Sacks
    Veggie: 0 TD's

Score: Even

19. MrMeToo

MrMeToo All Pro

Mario Williams: 0 tackles
    Reggie Bush: 60 yards

20. Napa Auto Parts

Napa Auto Parts Hall of Fame

sorry bill some people cant take and honest opinion and start lashing out with personal attacks. but i agree with some of your assessments of the game.