New Look!!!

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by pittbull, Apr 2, 2006.

1. pittbull

pittbull All Pro

Finally, I can get excited about what the Texans are doing. With key signees in certain positions, without hurting the pocket book too much, the Texans are looking more like a .500 winning team, and not like a bottom dweller again. Add the possible loss of Casserly, and this team could really take off. I would not be surprised if the Texans bounce back and surprise alot of teams and make a season out of things. Offense will be in place, the only difference will be if the Defense can make the switch to the 4-3 effectively and the safeties play much better. To me.........7-9 so far, with adding Reggie Bush, get even better picks.......9-7!:twocents:

2. Texas

Texas Hall of Fame

I think if we take Reggie 1st..A Safety 2nd 2 linemen and another DB and then work on the rest...We will have a solid team

3. Grid

Grid Hall of Fame

friend of mine had a good idea. He thinks we should draft a CB 2nd and move Buchanan to FS.

I think Buchanan may actually make a good FS.

4. Frank_The_Tank

Frank_The_Tank Veteran

Shouldn't this post be in another blog

5. Steve5118

Steve5118 Rookie

I don't think PB tackles well enough.:twocents:

6. Doom Capers

Doom Capers Veteran

Buchanon doesn't/cannot tackle.

7. DominickDavisFan76

DominickDavisFan76 Veteran

Too Weak and cant tackle, but we might have done that if....we had dom capers back :rolleyes:

8. alphajoker

alphajoker Hall of Fame

Your safeties are the last line of defense and to have a guy that can't tackle...oh, hell no would I put Buchanon back there.:eek:

9. Master Po

Master Po Veteran

PBuc would be an awful safety. He's actually just plain awful. Just hearing/reading his name makes me want to work on my tackling.

10. platnumdelgado

platnumdelgado Rookie

Well do u think he will do better this year, i mean it was Capers. Hewas better on man to man in Oakland. This year they had him at Zone coverage. Will they switch back?

11. texplayer2

texplayer2 Veteran

I don't think it was just Capers...PB reminded me of that guy on a commercial who dosen't want to go in the game, because he is getting a better face shot from the cameras on the bench.

12. Grid

Grid Hall of Fame

if im not mistaken.. a FS spends more time in coverage than tackling. That is Buchanan's strong point.

Now, I can understand why we may need to really be careful about that kind of thing.. since we all remember Matt Stevens.. the guy who would go for a tackle and come up with a pair of nikes.

But Buchanan has the build, the speed, and the coverage ability to do everything but the tackling REALLY well.. its just the tackling part he would have to overcome :)

13. TexansTrueFan

TexansTrueFan Hall of Fame

ok ur talking about all the improvments over this season and then the loss of casserly,,,but excuse me wasnt casserly involved in helping us have such an awesome off season. If they all seem to be working well together and making descisions and doing a good job, why change it. i like C.C.

14. Wolf

Wolf 100% Texan

I expect pbuc to be more motivated this season. 1) it is his contract year and 2) a better pass rush from our front 7 will make our secondary look better and 3)I would think with the new blood of coaches her, he should be motivated seeing that these coaches are getting rid of dead wood.

15. pittbull

pittbull All Pro

CC is the figure head at this point. With his respect in the organization and around the league, the Texans were not going to throw egg on the entire coaching and front office staff from 05'. Kubiak is running the shots at this point, and getting exactly what he wants . Bet we don't see casserly too much longer.:yahoo:

16. edo783

edo783 Site Contributor

I suspect that's why he has thrown his hat in the ring for the VP job with the NFL.

17. pittbull

pittbull All Pro

exactly what I was thinkin!

18. wolf123

wolf123 All Pro

Truth is FS is more coverage than anything, you are correct, but they also NEED to be able to land solid tackles. Putting PB back there would be just like us moving Coleman back there last year, decent coverage but no tackling. Also, if you remember, people were not very thrilled with Coleman's performance back there. It's a good thought, but I believe there are some solid guys in the draft this season that we could pick up with our #2 3rd pick, such as Pat Watkins or using our 5th get Peprah or Blue.

I also agree with yyou that the 2nd should be used on a solid CB this year, there are some goods ones out there :drool:

19. Hervoyel

Hervoyel The Right Track

Absolutely I think he'll be better this year. For one thing he won't (like Dunta or anyone else we put back there) be asked to cover for 8-10 seconds every single time the opponent decides to throw the ball. That alone should make him look more like a genuine NFL corner. I'm not predicting that he'll suddenly be Pro Bowl bound or anything but I think that if the Texans give him a little "leash" then he'll start to look more like the ball hawk he can be. Buchanon isn't going to shut anyone down and the safety is going to have to keep in mind that Buchanon is going to give up the reception from time to time. If you can deal with that then you're probably going to get some picks from him if he plays the position the way he likes. Not much on the hitting but looking for the ball.

20. NRowl

NRowl Rookie

As far as a corner, I think the Texans should draft Will Blackmon from BC. He will probably be available in the third round and he has huge upside - he needs to gain a little more experience (he played receiver his senior year) but I think this would give the Texans a year to decide if "Toast" will live up to his potential and allow the rookie to gain some experience - as the nickel in the begining. It would be great if we could end up with 3 good corners for years to come.