New Joppru Article

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by DocBar, Jun 18, 2006.

1. DocBar

DocBar Hall of Fame

2. Texan in Japan

Texan in Japan All Pro

Nice story, I'm pulling for Bennie, but what struck me is that he's down to 235! That is very light for a TE and I'm wondering how that will effect is blocking.

3. Scottyboy

Scottyboy Veteran

Putizer Starting
    Joppru Back Up
    Bruner/Owen - 3rd TE

4. Samer

Samer Veteran

I really do hope that Bruener will stay healthy and be able to play...I feel bad because he has been so injured and hasn't been able to prove to anyone how good he can if

5. MorKnolle

MorKnolle Hall of Fame

I don't see this being the order, Putzier and Bruener will see the most time depending on whether they want more of a blocking TE or a receiving TE in for any particular situation. Joppru and then Ben Steele or Owen Daniels will round out the rest of the TE core and see a decent amount of action as we will probably use a decent amount of 2-TE sets and rotate them frequently.

Do you mean Joppru? Bruener has never had drastic injury problem

6. Samer

Samer Veteran

Sorry lol I meant Joppru

7. DocBar

DocBar Hall of Fame

It seems kind of odd to me that Joppru is garnering as much attention now as when he was drafted, especially since he hasn't played an official down of pro ball. Is that because he should be a real talent(he WAS a 2nd round pick) or is it just that slow for news in the NFL? Regardless, I hope he stays healthy this year so we can all be the judge on that.:redtowel: :redtowel: :redtowel:

8. awtysst

awtysst Draft Guru

I see us using double TE formations in which Breuner will be the blocker and Putzier and Joppru will be the receiving TEs. If Joppru can become a better blocker, I can even see a Joppru/ Putzier combo. I think Kubiack would like Owens and Joppru to become well rounded though so that they can compliment each other down the line.

9. Texans86

Texans86 All Pro

We are basically getting two round two picks this year, both of which could be special in the future.