New Englands Philosophy in this game?

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by HoustonFrog, Jan 3, 2010.

1. HoustonFrog

HoustonFrog Dallas Frog

Strange way to play a game

I had heard that they didn't care either way about the 3 or 4 seed yet they came in with starters playing. Once Welker went down they still played. They then pull Brady with about 9 minutes in the half.

Second half they end up pulling their DBs and some guys on D and pull Moss yet keep Brady in...a guy who has played 3 weeks with 3 broken ribs. Then they pull Brady on the final drive.

Just weird

2. GP

GP Go Texans!

Well, it sure makes up for how Indy tanked games vs. Titans a few years back, then against the Jets. Allowing those two teams an easier route to the playoffs.

It feels good to think that our team forced a team like the Pats to do some soul-searching about how to approach this game.

Most times it seems these situations end up with our opponent just striving to drill us.

3. Vinny

Vinny shiny happy fan Staff Member

Brady was hit pretty hard by Mario before they took him out at the end, so I understand that. Hey, if you clinch I don't think you owe it to anyone to do anything other than taking care of yourself, so I don't have any complaints about the strategy used by winning teams as other teams play out the string.

4. houstonhurricane

houstonhurricane All Pro

Well, it looks like Baltimore is starting to roll...

5. WWJD

WWJD Hall of Fame

I saw a headline today somewhere that said "Goodell to look into teams holding out players" ..paraphrasing.

I don't see HOW he could control that. That would take the game out of the coaching staffs hands.

I'll see if I can find that. I think that should be up to each team as to who they play and not the league.

6. playa465

playa465 Site Contributor

WWJD likes this.
  7. WWJD

WWJD Hall of Fame

Thanks for the link.

Uh..that's too much league involvement for me. Coaches should make the choice of who plays or not.

I totally understand the fans being miffed but still...too big brother-ish for me.

8. Norg

Norg -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

I have just a Little ... very little more respect for NE i cant put down talent like they have on that field