New contracts

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by badboy, Nov 6, 2018.

1. IDEXAN

IDEXAN Hall of Fame

Jalen Ramsey is only 24 and and he is arguably the most talented and valuable D-back in the entire NFL.
    Yes I would make that deal but don' think it's rich enough for the Jags and as SteelB points out in this thread they'd be very reluctant to move such an elite talent in
    an intradivisional trade.

OptimisticTexan and steelbtexan like this.
  2. badboy

badboy Site Contributor

The answers are in the article. Tourette traded and Hyde cut. No other RBs so Miller.

3. Shishkabob

Shishkabob Hall of Fame

Ah I didn't read your posts. Even with that I still think there is no way the Jags even consider that trade.

OptimisticTexan likes this.
  4. badboy

badboy Site Contributor

As I posted I agree but if pressured they might..they have to pay the DT + if they get Foles they won't have future $ to keep Ramsey. Article gist was get more now for him. Another article I didn't link said Jags said would not trade Ramsey but would be foolish not to listen.

5. badboy

badboy Site Contributor

We need GM work some magic. I don't advocate trading future picks but for Ramsey, I would. Is he worth a Mack type offer..no but to have his rookie deal two more seasons--sweet! Late round pick for CB to train behind and take over from Joseph 2020.

6. steelbtexan

steelbtexan Hall of Fame

You gotta come up with another FF trade that's better than this one.

7. badboy

badboy Site Contributor

So #23 Miller and a 1st or 2nd 2020 not enough? Mack deal wasn't much better.

8. maverick512000

maverick512000 Veteran

Mack deal wasn't an in division trade either.

Texas Jake and steelbtexan like this.
  9. Shishkabob

Shishkabob Hall of Fame

Mack also had to get paid right away, Ramsey still has 2 years of cheap team control

Texas Jake, JB and steelbtexan like this.
  10. badboy

badboy Site Contributor

exactly why we pay to get him. I am working up a lucrative offer to get Ramsey with mix of picks and players that benefit both teams and lowers cap for both teams and give Jags good players- some starters.

CWTexansFan likes this.

11. steelbtexan

steelbtexan Hall of Fame

More FF trades?

12. badboy

badboy Site Contributor

No likee my apples don't shakee my tree.

CWTexansFan, steelbtexan and Max like this.
  13. badboy

badboy Site Contributor

NE has history of not paying huge dollars to some players allowing then to move on and then PATs find replacements as they did with Nate Solder trading a 3rd for Trent Brown 6'8" 380(I've heard he played at about 350) a right tackle who replaced Solder. He turns 26 April 13th and regular season PFF 70 percent.

On November 29, 2015 Marcus Cannon was extended 5 years at right tackle and is signed thru 2021 at an avg of about $7 m so he probably isn't leaving.

To add to the stew, Isaiah Wynn was drafted 2018 at #23 he's 6'2 6/8" 313 hands 8 1/2" with arms 33 3/8" but wing of 77 7/8" combine and had a great senior bowl before tearing left shoulder and doing no testing or drills. Then in preseason game he tore Achilles and missed all season. He wasn't drafted to sit.

2018 RG Shaq Mason PFF was 86.2 and he's 25. Joe Thuney LG was 73.3 and he's 26.

I'm interested in doing a Jeremy Linn heavily front loaded deal; a huge offer with large guarantee Texans can afford but maybe not other teams. PATs have only $18 million.

OptimisticTexan and CWTexansFan like this.
  14. steelbtexan

steelbtexan Hall of Fame

I'm just picking at you a little bit.

badboy likes this.
  15. badboy

badboy Site Contributor

Texans estimated cap space includes $19 m roll over from 2018 but not draft pool. I'm am showing players I would like to get and of course what I'd be willing to see paid and lower actual future costs could adjust next few weeks to months of free agency. Amounts are for 2019 cap costs only not bases or bonuses or guarantees although I have.

$67 million + $9 m (K.Johnson)= 76 - 20 LT Trent Brown = 56 - 18 Clowney = 38 - 5 Covington = 33 - 2 D. Carter = 31 - 2 Dunn = 29 -4 Faribairn = 25 - 15 RT Juwuan James = 10 + $10 [rework D Thomas similar to 2018 as I don't expect him back until late season if that] = $20 - 12 Le'Veon Bell = $8 million for other players.

*Note additional space can be added by cut/trade (per Troy Chapman) Colvin (pre June dead $3 m), Mercilus (seemingly no spot left this defense) and Lamar Miller (approx $6 million Per OTC).

CWTexansFan likes this.
  16. badboy

badboy Site Contributor

continued thought: Ryan Griffin $2.7 + Bademosi $2.75 +Kekemete 2.5= $7.95 m for draft pool. Miller $ 6.2 and $8 m left over above =$14.2 ish should be in ball park for KJack {2019 $4 m} and Mathieu {$10m}. I don't want to pay either much more as CBs and safeties can be had. Love Badger but Hal and Justin Reid are cheap starters.

17. maverick512000

maverick512000 Veteran

Shouldn't this go in the "Ideal Off Season" thread since this is all fantasy football? :kitten:

In all seriousness this sounds great except for one little sticking point, it requires the players to agree to it and for no other teams to offer better deals.

18. badboy

badboy Site Contributor

1st I think I started my thread before that one. 2. I don't think it's fantasy. Numbers I posted are reasonable, compare favorably if not better than similar. I can offer a logical reasoning even for Texans to offer and player to accept. All you did was say fantasy football not why amounts not doable. 3. Offer must be accepted? Really? You are saying that like you're first. Any offer to any FA has to be accepted; same with draft pick as player can sit out or force trade. We've seen that. 4. Other teams I've tried to offer scenarios such as NE not re-signing Brown. A $20 m cap + 90m contract $52 guaranteed is playing with big boys. Now you say why not , just don't say fantasy. Bring your point(s) if you have.

19. maverick512000

maverick512000 Veteran

1. You are taking it way to personal. Did you not see the kitty?

2. So you started the thread first, doesn't matter it's still your ideal off season and reading your first post again you actually didn't list any numbers other than their stats and what their cap hit is. In fact I scrolled through the whole thread until after Dec. 10, when the Ideal off season thread was started, and didn't find one post about what we should offer. Just posts saying we can't let X walk or we need to go after Y. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

3. Never said it wasn't doable and never said it wasn't reasonable, I said it requires both parties to agree.

4. No I'm not saying it like I'm the first nor did I think that but just because it has been said before doesn't mean it doesn't apply now. Also you really are going to talk about someone repeating something? Around here? How many posts do we have that basically amount to "Its BoB fault" in pretty much every damn thread. Repeating ourselves or someone else and beating dead horses till even buzzards won't touch them is par for the course here.

5. I told you my point but since you seemed to have missed it I'll expand. In order for your numbers to work not only do the players have to be on board but other NFL teams do as well. All it takes is one agent saying "you can do better" one player saying "I'm worth more" or one team overvaluing and the house of cards comes down.

6. Just to be clear I'm not saying your numbers are wrong or that they don't make sense, but your post comes across as though this is what the Texans should do and I'm saying it's not that easy.

steelbtexan and CWTexansFan like this.
  20. thunderkyss

thunderkyss MVP

I thought Foles was going to be UFA after voiding his contract

JB likes this.