Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

New Coach Poll!

Htown34s

Waterboy
You knew it was coming. Now that we have started interviewing and have a good list of candidates, who do YOU want to be the next coach of the Texans?

I really like Kubiak. Has been educated in a very solid and successful program. If he lands the job, maybe he can talk Wade Phillips into coming in as D.Cord. I may be wrong, but didn't they work together in Denver?? I do not mention Wade because of Bum, I mention Wade because he really has the Defensive know how. Bigger question, would M. Shot release him so he could sign with Houston.

Buffi2 said:
That is even less amusing than Fangio. If Pendry is a choice, how about Frosty the Snowman?

I'll go with Kubiak.

Frosty sounds good to me, he does have that magic hat. If it brought Frosty to life maybe it can throw some life into our team too. Only problem is the melting thing.

I think I'd like Kubiak too though.

I say Kubiak looks like the clear cut favorite. At least I know running the ball will be important....though do Denver RB's ever have to catch the ball????

If not what's the point of Bush.

If he is I hope he brings in Mike S. as his DC.

Originally I thought Kubiack or Saunders. Both have good O-lines. However, if you look at the numbers with respect to existing personnel...I'd have to lean more towards SCOTT LINEHAN. The guy is a difference maker. This maybe asking a bit too much...but what about Mike Singletary as Assistant HC & DC.

That'd be freaking NICE. Talk about putting Casserly on a LONG plank. If the players don't get it done with that kindof coaching....Geeez!

what about jerry gray.....does anyone think he could do a good job? I remember him being a pretty decent player in his day. I know that doesn't always translate to good coaching but it's someone the players can relate to.

Linehan's done some great stuff with some questionable players in Miami. Their O-line, man-for-man, is arguably less talented than the Texans' and that's saying something. The two-headed monster of Gus Frerotte and Sage Rosenfels that led the team to the finish line didn't really scare anyone, did it? Yet somehow, the Fish pulled together some great wins, not the least of which was the San Diego road stunner.

Linehan got killed in the media down here for a boneheaded third-and-2 call near the goal line late in the game against Atlanta, that pretty much cost the team any shot at winning the game. But most coaches will made a dumb decision or two every year, and they're only called "dumb" when they don't work.

It's interesting to see Chris Chambers' evolution over this season from severe slump to resurgent top talent. And rookie Ronnie Brown was used well and often, even though there was already an established RB there (something about that sounds familiar...?).

Right now I think my top 2 (in no order yet) would be Kubiak or Linehan. But this market's gonna be so crazy-unstable for the next couple of weeks, anything could happen.

Worth remembering: Frerotte and Linehan were in Minnesota together for 2 seasons before they got to Miami. So if he gets the Texans job, he won't have the same familiarity level with his starting QB. Not saying that's a bad thing--just trying to measure the expectations.

My initial reation was Kubiak, like many of you.
The more I hear about Scott Linehan, the more I like.
I kmow he lacks some of Kubiaks accomplishments, but he seems to be very, very creative offensively.

I vote Scott Linehan

... at least until I have more info on the other candidates...

How about Jerry Glanville? At least his teams played with some heart and passion.

More than I could say about this years team.

I'm beginning to lean toward Al Saunders now that KC is pursuing Edwards. It seems like Saunders might be in slightly a better position to assume HC duties given his closer relationship with his HC. Living here in Denver, it seems like Shanahan is a control freak and hasn't given Kubiak as big of a leadership role. I'm thinkiing Saunders could step in and assume the reigns a little quicker. I would be happy with either, though.

At first I was thinking of Gary Kubiak, but like others on this board, Scott Linehan looks very interesting. Look at Randy Moss when he was with the Vikings, and look at him now (granted, I think he may have been injured somewhat this year). Look at what he was able to do with the Dolphins this year, and they had many of the same players last year when they went 4-12. If we can't get Linehan though, I won't be sad if we get Kubiak.

Back