New BCS coordinator says officials will do a "thorough" evaluation of plus-one format

Discussion in 'College Football & the NFL Draft' started by Wolf, Jan 7, 2008.

1. Wolf

Wolf 100% Texan

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/news;...nYcB?slug=ap-bcscoordinator&prov=ap&type=lgns

well it is a step in the right direction but still a political game on top 4 and with automatic bids on contracts with certain conferences

2. Wolf

Wolf 100% Texan

abc has contract with rose bowl through 2014 per article, fox will be renegotiating the the BCS soon

3. kastofsna

kastofsna Hall of Fame

yuck, no plus-one matchup.

4. Wolf

Wolf 100% Texan

still not perfect but better than what we got.

this season should have proved something but probably didn't. when voting didn't satisfy the people, we went to the computers, this season the computers did what they did, and the voters weren't happy so we went more with the voters.

right or wrong, the system is a joke

5. Lucky

Lucky Moderator

I agree. I once wanted a college playoff, but I'm pretty much done with college football by this point of the season. I'm sure college football players feel the same way. Especially those who need to begin to focus on the draft. There's not a true national champion in college football. And who really cares?

6. HoustonFrog

HoustonFrog Dallas Frog

This system is still going to cause problems. So this year lets say you have LSU. OSU. USC and Georgia. Then you still have Kansas and Missouri and others screaming they were left out. There aren't many years in our future with undefeated teams so you are going to have to pick through the 1 and 2 loss teams.

Georgia President wants an 8 teamer

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3186232