Never thought I would ask a question like this but here goes...

Discussion in 'The National Football League' started by Texecutioner, Oct 5, 2009.

1. Texecutioner

Texecutioner Hall of Fame

Who would you rather have on your team right now at WR???

Braylen Edwards or Jacoby Jones?

And yes, this is a real question. Lol!

2. Fox

Fox All Pro

Hmm, interesting question. It looks deceivingly easy at first glance, but is much closer than I thought. Washed up super star flop or error-prone potential. Jacoby gives us big plays in the passing game and return game, Braylon used to make big plays but has never been consistent and it's been a year or two since he's been a factor.

If we had another return man lined up then I take Braylon and count on our pass-friendly offense to revitalize his career. If we're stuck with Andre Davis as our KR/PR, I'm sticking with JJ - he's provided too much production on offense and special teams to go cold turkey.

3. ObsiWan

ObsiWan Site Contributor

Oooh... good question.
    I'd have to give Jacoby the edge right now.
    He's on the upswing. If he continues to "mature" as Kubiak puts it, he could be a fine #3 WR. And then there's the added dimension of his punt returning abilities.

Braylon seems to be headed in the other direction. He's supposed to be a #1 WR but the production isn't there. Now if he somehow cured that recurring case of the dropsies then I might go with him.

But then what would you do with Walter. He blocks too well to just sit him down. I don't see Edwards knocking Walter down to our #3 WR.

Edwards would have to take a serious pay cut and absorb a mega blow to his ego to drop from "The Guy" in Cleveland to a #3 here.

4. eriadoc

eriadoc Texan-American

Braylon Edwards is awful. And while the QBs there have been no great shakes, he has been awful all by himself. He drops easy passes and quits on routes.

5. Ckw

Ckw Guest

Well then I guess this is a good place to ask this: should I quit hoping Braylon will perform this season? He is on my fantasy team, and I have started him every week but he has done nothing. So do I give up on him with the possibility that when I do bench him, he puts up over 100 yards and 2 tds or do you guys not see that happening?

6. Marcus

Marcus Ruthless pragmatist

I'd cut bait on Braylon if I were you.

Jacoby is small school 3rd round project. Braylon was the first WR taken in the 1st round who happens to be playing like a small school 3rd round project.

Drafts are crap shoots. A fact that gets proven constantly.

7. ObsiWan

ObsiWan Site Contributor

Truer words were never typed
    (at least not on a football msg board :) )

8. Dan B.

Dan B. Hall of Fame

Gotta say that Braylon Edwards is the only guy I've ever seen that makes Jacoby's hands look reliable. JJ's had really impressive hauls in the last few games, despite his constant bonehead blunders on PR.

JJ is maddeningly inconsistent. Edwards is consistently awful. Especially considering the contracts and egos involved, I'll take JJ.

Great Rose Bowl performance though. Right next to Russell's Sugar Bowl game. It earned you both tens of millions. Now retire in your late 20's and let guys that actually give a damn play the game.

ObsiWan likes this.

9. Texecutioner

Texecutioner Hall of Fame

:spit: Ah man, that is just brutal right there.

:spit: To funny. You're exactly right though.

10. Dan B.

Dan B. Hall of Fame

Thanks man. Braylon Edwards is a diva. He may get charged with assault due to his jealousy:

Not to defend JJ's transgression, but there's DWI and there's assaulting a club owner while you are drinking. And all because you aren't the town's sports hero? What a crybaby.

11. badboy

badboy Site Contributor

JJ hands down! Whoops, I made a funny!