Need help with the new Nike jerseys. Anyone own one?

Discussion in 'Tickets, Memorabilia and Gear' started by ChrisG, Sep 13, 2013.

1. ChrisG

ChrisG Road Fan

I was interested in getting a new jersey this year. My problem is I do not want to pay $200+ for an authentic (Elite) version. I was going to purchase the middle of the road version (Limited). However, when I went to the store I thought they had handed me a junior or child sized jersey due to the size of the numbers. Unfortantely as I am in NY I cannot find any authentic (Elite) Texans jerseys in stock at my local stores to compare.

The numbers on the Limited look to be noticably smaller than on the Elite ($250).

Elite: - http://nflshop.frgimages.com/FFImage/thumb.aspx?i=/productimages//_1160000/ff_1160179_xl.jpg&w=275

Limited: - http://nflshop.frgimages.com/FFImage/thumb.aspx?i=/productimages//_908000/ff_908170_xl.jpg&w=275

Can someone measure their Elite jersey numbers to see how tall they are?

Thanks

2. PapaL

PapaL Loose Screw

I'll do it when I get home.

3. Burn Notice24

Burn Notice24 Rookie

Buy 1 from China for $20.

4. htowntexans1985

htowntexans1985 1st Round Pick

I have an authentic Brian Cushing elite jersey. Each of the numbers are 12" long x 8" wide. I paid $250 for it from the NFL shop website. I hope this helps.

ChrisG likes this.
  5. Dread-Head

Dread-Head Hall of Fame

I don't like the new ones.

6. StarStruck

StarStruck Site Contributor

I do, but unless I find a really good deal on EBay, I nearly done with buying jerseys. Since I've always bought (EBay) jerseys with the stitched letters, everyone I own is as good as new. My problem is that most of them have outlasted the player, so it's either buy cheap in the offseason, wear vintage, or a t-shirt.

It is my understanding that elite is the best, and premier has stitched letters but thinner fabric.

7. Dread-Head

Dread-Head Hall of Fame

The downside to the knockoffs however is that you run the risk of misspelled names and wrong numbers. While Tony Roma is a pretty good place for barbeque I don't think he ever played in the NFL. :worldpeace:

8. StarStruck

StarStruck Site Contributor

Never happened, and I have bought some really nice ones that I put to the test side by side the $250 authentic at a $175 to $200 savings. I always check the reputation of the sellers only got one with poor stitching, but it only cost about $30.

I already have the blue, white and throwback Romo jerseys, so I don't need any more. :)