Ndamukong Suh shows he's a class Act all the way

Discussion in 'College Football & the NFL Draft' started by IDEXAN, Apr 20, 2010.

1. IDEXAN

IDEXAN Hall of Fame

At a time when most guys in his position would be out pricing a Bentley, the 23-year-old defensive tackle just pledged $2.6 million to his alma mater. It was the largest single gift ever by a Nebraska football player, among the largest-known contributions ever by an active pro athlete to his alma mater, and unprecedented for someone who hasn't yet signed a contract.
    "I didn't feel like I had to, but I definitely wanted to give back to the university that gave me so much," Suh said when the donation was announced, just before Nebraska's Red-White spring game kicked off.
    http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5i762jnjS1DU6OP4vWNFLXohO2b7gD9F60HCO0

2. kiwitexansfan

kiwitexansfan Site Contributor

Great guy. He is so well spoken and would be an awesome face of a franchise.

I expect him to rip the NFL up too.

3. kastofsna

kastofsna Hall of Fame

reminds me of Calvin Johnson in that he is an absolutely amazing physical specimen but has somehow maintained his composure despite all the fame and eventual fortune that comes with that. it's a tough thing to do. he's about as can't-miss as Johnson was, too

4. ubecool454

ubecool454 Hall of Fame

I wouldn't have done it. If I was going to give away 2.6 million I would have given it to some people that really need it. I wish we could have him though but I know we are stuck with Okoye.

5. LonerATO

LonerATO Hall of Fame

I wonder if any of the UT guys ever toss some change to the school?

6. ubecool454

ubecool454 Hall of Fame

I doubt they do and I don't blame them. UT has enough money already.