Nate is moving to the Woodlands

Discussion in 'The National Football League' started by brewhaus, Feb 17, 2007.

1. brewhaus

brewhaus All Pro

I heard on the radio this past week that Nate Clements is building a home in the Woodlands right now. I know it means nothing, but....logisticlly wouldn't it be sweet if he felt like "he really wanted to work close to home" this coming season?

2. trutxn

trutxn Veteran

It would be nice to have him, although he is asking for a big contract. The Texans have to be careful with their cap space.

3. dtran04

dtran04 Hall of Fame

Although that would be an awful drive in traffic. heh

4. BeerFan

BeerFan Veteran

i spent my educational years in the woodlands, and i must say i don't wish that on any other child. it is a sterile, idyllic suburbia with no character or dynamic or culture. its a community of warring shopping centers, enough to make one sick. ugh.

5. GuerillaBlack

GuerillaBlack Hall of Fame

You have figured out suburban America now. All suburbs suck. My parents moved us from Alief to Cinco Ranch a few years back.

6. the wonger need food

the wonger need food Hall of Fame

With Samuel being franchised the price of Clements just went up since he will be the only other premier FA CB on the market.

And when you kids grow up and start making some money you will prefer the suburbs over the city, especially if you have kids. Trust me on this one.

7. awtysst

awtysst Draft Guru

I have to admit I have enjoyed living in cities more than in suburbia to a certain extent. When I briefly lived in Boston, I lived right in the city and loved it! When I lived in Chicago, I loved living in the city and being surrounded by it. Now that I live in Denver(I don't live in downtown), I live in more of a suburbia area and I kinda miss the feel of living in a city. You might be right though Wonger, that as I age I might prefer suburbia. I know my dad does. He came to visit me when I lived in chicago and he mentioned that he hated the idea of living "on top of people like a sardine in a can". I lived in a mini highrise(5 stories) but he still didnt like it. Good thing I couldnt afford to live on McClurg Avenue in one of those 40+ story places!

8. mexican_texan

mexican_texan Furry Tractors

I believe he's been in the Woodlands.

9. dbspi

dbspi Veteran

Still he won't come cheap and he will still demand the top dollars wherever he signs.

10. brewhaus

brewhaus All Pro

Yeah, he is going to get paid this year, regardless of where he goes. But he would surely be one heck of an addition to the Texans.....especially in our D backfield.