Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Name That Player

texasguy346

Mod Squad
Thought I'd start a little game I call "Name That Player". It's pretty easy. All you do is pick a player, and give a few hints as to his identity without revealing his name. You can use stats, his uniform number, or whatever else you can think of to use. When you correctly guess the player, then feel free to add your player to the list.

Here goes. Let's start of with an easy one. This player passed for nearly 700 yards for the Texans in 2003. He also boasted the best TD/INT ratio of any other QB on the squad. Name that player.

An all-pro player, who also plays Basketball, in fact he tried out for the Miami Heat. (I know it is an easy one). idonno:

He was the second leading rusher in the NFL last season. He was between Jamal Lewis and LT. Still stumped? Well he's also "Batman", and has a tattoo to match.

Aman Green.
(he just might be the biggest Batman fan there is)
And i did not need that second hint,ESPN did this segment on him a year or two ago on his batman theme.

Edit:New ???)What QB Was Drafted by the USFL and later played for played for a team in florida in the NFL then won a super bowl with a team in california.

Steve Young.

I think your other one was supposed to be Ditka but he played for the Cowboys as well as the Bears.

TheOgre said:
Steve Young.

I think your other one was supposed to be Ditka but he played for the Cowboys as well as the Bears.

Correct.
And I thought it was ditka as well but then when I did further research I found I had misquoted info so I changed the question...Sorry about that.

This player was drafted by the Colts and later traded to the Buccaneers for what turned out to be the the 2nd overall pick in the draft.

He has played for 7 teams and has returned to one of his former teams this season.

He started on a Super Bowl loser a few years ago.

i forgot all about chandler the only other one i could thing of that went to a new team was collins

but then again he doesnt get hurt much

TheOgre said:
You got it.

I thought that last clue would give it away.

Ok, my turn.

This player went to college at Notre Dame and won a Super Bowl ring with Green Bay. He has a very effective "knuckleball", can kick a mean field goal when need be, and can't be trusted not to fake a punt. He is also an accomplished golfer.

On a personal note, me and this player share the same birthday, May 18th. :thumbup

Fiddy said:
Isnt it Craig Henritch???

So I can't spell But I still got it first.
Go get a spelling spork... :slap: :~
------------------------------------------------
Ok What are the only 3 QBs in NFL history to Pass for 3000+ yards run for 300+ yards in the same season 3 times?

TITAN83 said:
------------------------------------------------
Ok What are the only 3 QBs in NFL history to Pass for 3000+ yards run for 300+ yards in the same season 3 times?

I know Culpepper, McNabb, and McNair did it, but I'm not sure if thats the only 3.

This half back has had 56 rushing TD's in the past 3 season (2001,2002,2003). He's a good guy, but perhaps not a member of the clergy.

hot4SteveMcNair said:
He got it wrong too...... it's actually Craig Hentrich if we're gonna nitpick. :~
:rofl:
texasguy346 said:
This half back has had 56 rushing TD's in the past 3 season (2001,2002,2003). He's a good guy, but perhaps not a member of the clergy.
Priest Holmes

------------------------------
This WR was picked after Keyshawn Johnson, Terry Glenn, and Eddie Kennison. The Oilers also passed on him in favor of Eddie George. And dont look up the draft history...

Fiddy said:
------------------------------
This WR was picked after Keyshawn Johnson, Terry Glenn, and Eddie Kennison. The Oilers also passed on him in favor of Eddie George. And dont look up the draft history...

'Starvin' Marvin Harrison. The 96 Draft was one of the best WR corps right? Still remember Keyshawn going number one :P

He's the leading rusher thus far in the 04 PreSeason. Name That Player *Game Show Voice*

Extra Hint: You just saw him play on FOX Thursday.

texasguy346 said:
I know Culpepper, McNabb, and McNair did it, but I'm not sure if thats the only 3.

Actually no.

Mcnair,Cunningham,and young.

Only 3.

texasguy346 said:
He's the leading rusher thus far in the 04 PreSeason. Name That Player *Game Show Voice*

Extra Hint: You just saw him play on FOX Thursday.
Ron Dayne

-----------
ok he's quoted about running a play over and over "until they stopped it."

Ron Dayne looks like a good running back this preseason, but not the short-yardage back that Coughlin wants him to be. Dayne needs hold on to the ball better two. I thought for sure that second one was a fumble near the goalline.

Now I am lost, What are the clues for the current player that we are looking for? or we waiting for the next set of clues? idonno:

Back