Nading is back !

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by honored82, Sep 6, 2011.

1. honored82

honored82 Veteran

Nading gets the last spot. PS is now full.

Here’s a listing of the full practice squad:

ILB Mister Alexander
    C Howard Barbieri
    G Andrew Gardner
    WR Trindon Holliday
    SS Shiloh Keo
    WR Jeff Maehl
    OLB Jesse Nading
    RB Chris Ogbonnaya

2. Rey

Rey Guest

Looks like we called it Hou-Tex....

I feel good about that move...Glad he back on the squad and it's probably strange that this has made my day...

3. honored82

honored82 Veteran

Just one sack and one forced fumble in the preseason, and he has been on and off the PS for the last 3 seasons. This should be his breakout year..

4. prostock101

prostock101 Mr. Big

Still haven't figgered out why they are continuing the Holliday experiment. Someone please 'splain dat one for me.

Ok with Nading back but after 3 seasons I think it speaks to what they think Braman brings to the table.

5. EllisUnit

EllisUnit Serving Koolaid

I was impressed in one game, and that against 2nd and 3rd string, so other than that i dont see what they see. ALTHOUGH i do think he has some raw potential !

6. cj5776

cj5776 Veteran

Really do not understand how this guy is still eligible for the PS

2010- played 5 games, then placed injured reserve

2009- on practice squad for 8 weeks, then placed on active roster and plays one game

2008- on practie squad for 11 weeks, then placed on active roster and plays 6 games

7. Rey

Rey Guest

I thought Trindon looked better this year in his limited action...He didn't look nearly as nervous....

Plus they probably want to use his speed to mimick some guys on our schedule this year like Reggie Bush, Mike Wallace, Chris Johnson...

8. Rey

Rey Guest

He doesn't have one accured season. He's only played 12 games. His first year he was only active for 5 games then placed on injured reserve with no time spent on the PS.

9. cj5776

cj5776 Veteran

Thanks for the explanation, so if his games played added up to 16 or more he would not be practice squad eligible, correct?

10. CloakNNNdagger

CloakNNNdagger Site Contributor

A player like Holliday has the potential for single-handedly take it to the house. I think that the Texans see this as a great potential........if he has several mediocre plays and just one that takes it all the way or close, then he will have proven his worth multifold.

11. honored82

honored82 Veteran

Yes. Holliday got the speed, i have seen his highlights from college and he can take it to the house. I don't think we returned any last season for a touchdown, may be one. and Jacoby has only 1 or 2 in his last 3 years. We need some help in this area...

12. prostock101

prostock101 Mr. Big

Well, bless his tiny little heart but he must really show some awesomeness on the practice field to earn this extended tryout. We shall see........:evil:

13. Jackie Chiles

Jackie Chiles Hall of Fame

Gary was talking about how difficult it will be to simulate 4-3 teams during practice during his radio show the other day. Said he would like to fill the final PS spot with a defensive lineman or linebacker that can maybe simulate some TE as well. Nading immediately popped into my head so they must have just been waiting for him to clear. He also has a bit of ability in our scheme so its a win-win. Glad Braman is on the 53 man though, much more upside.

14. redwhiteANDblue

redwhiteANDblue Color of Texans

I thought the title said nnamdi is back! :smiliepalm:

15. Rey

Rey Guest

Pretty much. There are other stipulations but I think that about sums it up. I won't pretend to be a rosteroligist though.

16. Hervoyel

Hervoyel The Right Track

I think they're thinking "slightly smaller, infinitely faster David Anderson".

I don't get it but I think that's what they have in mind.

17. TimeKiller

TimeKiller Guest

This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not
  18. IDEXAN

IDEXAN Hall of Fame

I'm not quite clear what the "practice squad" is ?
    OK, so here's a dumb question: I thought a unit (be it offensive or defensive)
    was composed of 11 players, so for example I thought the PS would be like 11 offensive guys who would scrimmage the starting defense to prepare them for the upcoming weeks opponenet. Obviously this isn't the case here, because there's not only < than 11 players but both defensive & offensive players.
    So what exactly is the PS and what's its function ?

19. TejasTom

TejasTom Heisenwatt

An accrued year of NFL experience is six or more games on a club's 53-man active roster or official Injured Reserve list during one season.

If the player was on the active list for fewer than 9 games during their "only Accrued Season(s)", he maintains his eligibility for the practice squad.

A player cannot participate on the practice squad for more than three seasons.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2011
  20. beerlover

beerlover Site Contributor

Guess Texans worried more about another team picking Braman off the PS over Nading. As usual upside in a prospect prevails over accumulation of hard work & average talent.