Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

N.F.L. Hopeful Announces He Is Gay

srrono

All Pro
Alan Gendreau would seem an unlikely pioneer. He is a former kicker for Middle Tennessee State, the leading scorer in Sun Belt Conference history, a little-known 23-year-old who wants a shot at the N.F.L.
And he is gay.
Recent attention on the sooner-or-later milestone of an openly gay male athlete in a major American team sport has been spurred by a presumption: That the first will be a current professional athlete.

I know nothing about this kid but I say good for him to have the guts to be the possible first gay NFL player. If he does make a roster good player or not kid is going to hit the lottery as an ad man.

Full Story

I dont see him on the top 16 ranking of Kickers link

My question is this: "Can the muff-hugga play football?" If the answer to that is YES then I don't care who/what he does in his spare time as long as he/she/it is over 18 and consents to it.

My question is this: "Can the muff-hugga play football?" If the answer to that is YES then I don't care who/what he does in his spare time as long as he/she/it is over 18 and consents to it.

Wouldn't this admission make the dude a pole-hugga? :kitten:

I don't get the "bravery" of coming out. I don't need to know somebody's sexual preference. Problem is that gays want to promote their lifestyle and force it into every area of life. Kick the damn ball through the goal posts and shutup. We don't need to know.

I bet the centers in the league don't want to hear about the quarterback behind him is gay. Errrrr, lets run shotgun only please .

I don't get the "bravery" of coming out. I don't need to know somebody's sexual preference. Problem is that gays want to promote their lifestyle and force it into every area of life. Kick the damn ball through the goal posts and shutup. We don't need to know.

He's coming out so he doesn't have to act like he's straight.

The thing is that there have been lots of gay football players who've never come out. But. Those guys live in fear that they're going to be found out and that they'll be made into pariahs. The ones who have come out have been "outed".

This is a good first step to getting to the point where we don't need to know.

He's coming out so he doesn't have to act like he's straight.

The thing is that there have been lots of gay football players who've never come out. But. Those guys live in fear that they're going to be found out and that they'll be made into pariahs. The ones who have come out have been "outed".

This is a good first step to getting to the point where we don't need to know.

A good 1st step would not be knowing in the 1st place. They want their lifestyle to be celebrated. That in itself is wrong. BTW, I employ gay people and have gay friends, but they respect my wishes about controlling their behavior around me.

Not brave at all, just publicity stunt. Now someone will at least bring him into camp and give him a shot just to say they did. Doesn't matter what he does in the privacy of his own life so he shouldn't have even mentioned it, as NO ONE should, but yet gays do all the time. Think all us heteros should ask for press conferences or magazine articles so we can "come out" as liking the opposite sex, and when we are denied, sue on the basis of discrimination.

It isn't promotion. It is just not hiding. You assume you can bring your girlfriend/wife to a party or events. Why shouldn't he bring whoever he is dating? That isn't promoting. It is acting like everyone else.

And read the article because the title to the thread is misleading. This guy has been openly gay for almost a decade.

A good 1st step would not be knowing in the 1st place. They want their lifestyle to be celebrated. That in itself is wrong. BTW, I employ gay people and have gay friends, but they respect my wishes about controlling their behavior around me.

Why should they have to act any different around you than you would with a girl?

It isn't promotion. It is just not hiding. You assume you can bring your girlfriend/wife to a party or events. Why shouldn't he bring whoever he is dating? That isn't promoting. It is acting like everyone else.

And read the article because the title to the thread is misleading. This guy has been openly gay for almost a decade. {Quote:////}

This doesn't suprise me.

Why should they have to act any different around you than you would with a girl?

I can only control what I'm comfortable with and I'm not comfortable with open gay acts around me. (Mostly Guy dudes) They can act anyway they want to but not around me. This is where I draw my personal line.

I can only control what I'm comfortable with and I'm not comfortable with open gay acts around me. (Mostly Guy dudes) They can act anyway they want to but not around me. This is where I draw my personal line.

So would you return the favor if they asked you not to perform openly hetero acts around them?

Gendreau’s story was detailed in a substantial feature and video released Tuesday by Outsports, a Web site devoted to the intersection of gays and sports.
Oh yea, big-time promotion and he's a crusader.
Doesn't really matter that much anyway because "real" football fans know kickers aren't football players. But it will be interesting to see how this turns out, and I'm sure all of the lefty sports-media types like show-biz Jim Rome will be loudly supporting him.

It isn't promotion.

It sure is promotion. Gays have been on a big time promotion of their lifestyle for the last few decades. He is free and has been free to bring his boyfriend wherever he wants. Most people know gays and some have gay friends but most straights don't hang around closely with gays because their lifestyles are really different. I'm not going to appologize for not wanting to hang around a man that likes penis and anus. I grew up around gays in the 70's because one of my best friends sisters was gay. Never appealed to me and they thought and acted way different.

I thinks it's promotion, but not Gendreau's promotion. It sounds to me like Outsports decided to make him their latest poster boy and Gendreau was simply apathetic about it.

Of course, naturally, the press caught the story and now whether he likes it or not, he is Alan Gendreau: gay kicker.

The press, who would be the first to tell you it doesn't matter if he's gay, will never let any of us forget the fact that he is gay as long as he is kicking a football.

I thinks it's promotion, but not Gendreau's promotion. It sounds to me like Outsports decided to make him their latest poster boy and Gendreau was simply apathetic about it.

Of course, naturally, the press caught the story and now whether he likes it or not, he is Alan Gendreau: gay kicker.

Exactly. Gendreau not promoting, just trying to get in the NFL. Outsports definitely promotion.

In this particular case Gendreau has been friends with one of the guys out Outsports for years. Kind of natural they would do a story. Who knows, they may have done a story on him in college.

How did this get into the Mock Draft forum?

Just because he is going to be draft eligible and he isn't in college anymore I guess.

Back