Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Myers re-signs with HOU

Yeah, not a fan of Caldwell starting.
Me neither, I really hope Shelly Smith comes to play in spring training. I'm high on him. I like Caldwell in his backup G/C role. Maybe he develops from mediocre to good with time but right now he does not look like anymore than a backup.

I've not been a fan of Caldwell. But last year, he played the season with a high ankle sprain........something that you never really get over in the course of a season. The offseason will have allowed him the required rest and rehab, and in itself should prove beneficial to his potential performance.

The other thing is that he was put at guard. At Alabama he was a dang good center. When he came to the Texans, he was touted as a center/guard. But the truth is that his natural position is center. He only played 14 of his 48 Alabama games at guard, and in some of those games he also played center.

I've not been a fan of Caldwell. But last year, he played the season with a high ankle sprain........something that you never really get over in the course of a season. The offseason will have allowed him the required rest and rehab, and in itself should prove beneficial to his potential performance.

The other thing is that he was put at guard. At Alabama he was a dang good center. When he came to the Texans, he was touted as a center/guard. But the truth is that his natural position is center. He only played 14 of his 48 Alabama games at guard, and in some of those games he also played center.

Same type of injury Myers had the season he got owned by Jenkins, good point.

Duly noted on both accounts, well said CnD. I had forgotten the injury and that center is his natural position.

Have to believe resigning Foster and Myers were the Texans top 2 priorities going into free agency. Well done.

Yes.

I think they knew Mario was gone, but out of a sense of "polite formality" they didn't do anything until after his contract w/ Buffalo was signed.

Then Mario makes his little Tweet jabs at the Texans. Eff that guy if that's how he wants to play the game. I really thought he'd leave clean & free, but he couldn't find a way to do it.

The character of a person is not in how they spent their time with the organization, it's how they walk away when their time there is finished. I've been horribly and unjustly "fired" and still held my head high and didn't raise a public stink over it. A lot of us have. So when Mario goes and gets $100 million, and was not even "fired" when you really analyze it all, but yet he cannot have self control over his Tweeting fingers, it just shows his character.

Dunta, too. Carr, too. Eff 'em if they want sympathy from THIS guy.

I keep hearing about these tweets but tweeters don't say what they are. Oh well, I guess I'll live. :barman:

In one, he had a series of maybe 5 or 6 tweets (since each tweet is limited to maybe a sentence or two at most). At the end of the series of tweets, there was some cryptic one that said something about how "I am thankful of the real fans, but to the bandwagon fans I say 'be careful what you ask for'..." which we don't know what he was saying but he labels fans and somehow acts as though there's a sector of fans that need him to educate them on how to view the signing. It was weird.

Another one, a fan was REALLY nice to him and gave him a tweet that told Mario "Congratulations, Mario. Wish we could have had you back but am glad you were rewarded. Wish you the best" or some such thing like that. So Mario tweets back to that fan (messages, in other word) and said "Could have had me back? They never OFFERED me anything to begin with."

Which is just absurd. Even if he wasn't offered anything, maybe ANY offer would have been AS insulting as having not offered. It's all useless. He feels we didn't prepare well enough to retain him at the same price the Bills wanted to spend on him.

Reports are that the Texans offered him $6m less per year than the Bills did, but I don't know if that's been verified yet.

Still, he had something like 3 tweets in a year prior to this. And now his fingers are talking every day now. He's making sure everyone knows how much Buffalo loves him and how perhaps the Texans did not. It's all so useless and comical. He could have kept it above the belt, but he HAD to make sure people knew he wasn't just taking GOBS of money to play in Buffalo....I mean, it's NOT about the money after all. No, there is underlying issues that made him choose the virtual wasteland of the AFC.

While losing Briesel and Winston is a loss.

I've got faith in Butler and Caldwell. Can you give me a general prognosis on how Butler may be doing in his rehab?

Regardless, the Texans need to draft well to replace rhe depth on their OL.

It's all so useless and comical.

Finally looked at it myself and agree.

Does anything good happen on twitter? I don't follow it, but the times I do hear about it are usually famous people putting their foot in their mouth, and it seems to happen a lot.

I'm sorry, I do not understand this line of thinking. Unless I'm totally misunderstanding your meaning.

As one of the guys active in the draft talk.. I consider you a draftnik. & when you say "draft well" you seem to be talking about first day picks, round 1, 2, & 3.

Am I wrong?

Are you suggesting the Texans need to invest at minimum a third round pick to replace Myers (had we lost him; a 6th round pick), Brisiel (an UDFA), & Winston (a 3rd; & arguably the worst of the three).

We've got Shelly, Newton, & Austin. Do you think they are nothing more than depth? No possible starters?

I took his comments as saying we needed depth to replace the guys moving up into starting roles, and that he would do that through the draft.

While losing Briesel and Winston is a loss.

I've got faith in Butler and Caldwell. Can you give me a general prognosis on how Butler may be doing in his rehab?

The type of injury that Butler sustained, following its surgical repair, should allow him an excellent chance of returning to peak performance by OTA's.

In one, he had a series of maybe 5 or 6 tweets (since each tweet is limited to maybe a sentence or two at most). At the end of the series of tweets, there was some cryptic one that said something about how "I am thankful of the real fans, but to the bandwagon fans I say 'be careful what you ask for'..." which we don't know what he was saying but he labels fans and somehow acts as though there's a sector of fans that need him to educate them on how to view the signing. It was weird.

Another one, a fan was REALLY nice to him and gave him a tweet that told Mario "Congratulations, Mario. Wish we could have had you back but am glad you were rewarded. Wish you the best" or some such thing like that. So Mario tweets back to that fan (messages, in other word) and said "Could have had me back? They never OFFERED me anything to begin with."

Which is just absurd. Even if he wasn't offered anything, maybe ANY offer would have been AS insulting as having not offered. It's all useless. He feels we didn't prepare well enough to retain him at the same price the Bills wanted to spend on him.

Reports are that the Texans offered him $6m less per year than the Bills did, but I don't know if that's been verified yet.

Still, he had something like 3 tweets in a year prior to this. And now his fingers are talking every day now. He's making sure everyone knows how much Buffalo loves him and how perhaps the Texans did not. It's all so useless and comical. He could have kept it above the belt, but he HAD to make sure people knew he wasn't just taking GOBS of money to play in Buffalo....I mean, it's NOT about the money after all. No, there is underlying issues that made him choose the virtual wasteland of the AFC.

Ahh, ok, I apologize then because I guess I had heard some of that reading up here and there on the board. Thanks for the information, it's much appreciated. :)

Ahh, ok, I apologize then because I guess I had heard some of that reading up here and there on the board. Thanks for the information, it's much appreciated. :)

Mario is saying that his friend was doing all the tweeting from his phone last night.

The type of injury that Butler sustained, following its surgical repair, should allow him an excellent chance of returning to peak performance by OTA's.

Thats why I love you Cloak. This board is the absolute best source of information because of fantastic members like yourself.

Mario is saying that his friend was doing all the tweeting from his phone last night.

Then Mario is a complete flake. FLAKE.

Yeah, here's my phone...tweet away. What a bull**** answer by Mario if there ever was one.

I suppose just like a guy will say, "That weed? Oh, that's not mine. It's my friend's weed. Ask him about it, officer." I suppose he'll play the "My friend was making those tweets" card.

Lame, Mario. Weak sauce, but hey...that's par for the course with you.

What tweets are we talking about here?

Read the thread, particularly the most recent couple of pages. I detailed it, sort of paraphrasing what he said. It wasn't overly bad, just mildly irritating and somewhat snarky the things he was saying.

Back