My Trainer is a Texan!

Discussion in 'Texan Tailgate' started by Pollardized, Sep 25, 2010.

1. Pollardized

Pollardized Division Champ

So I joined the Usher Ministry at my church, Lakewood Church. I start my training and who is my trainer? None other than former Texan WR/KR and current Houston Texans Ambassador J.J. Moses!

The man is a really nice guy. We talked alot of football before the service tonight. I told him after seeing Steve Slaton run out of bounds at the 1 yard line, he may need to put the pads back on. He has some great stories to tell. Hopefully I'll get to hear alot of them!

Ryan likes this.
  2. JB

JB Old Curmudgeon

That is ultra cool!

3. Tonaaayyyy

Tonaaayyyy Rookie

I heard he was a good public speaker as well.. I think he has been on a few sports shows a few times

4. Pollardized

Here he is at a school in East Houston:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bnYfe7g-rIQ

5. BigWig

BigWig Bigimus Wigimus

I thought he was playing in the CFL?

6. Pollardized

Nope, he is an Ambassador for the Texans. He goes out in the community for appearances, stuff like that. That sounds like my kind of job!!!

7. HouSportsWriter

HouSportsWriter SIAB

hes a nice guy i met him at trainingcamp and i got his autograph =]

8. TEXANS84

TEXANS84 Moderator Staff Member

That's pretty cool. The 84 at the end of my screen name is because of JJ. Really enjoyed watching him play early on, was my favorite player back in the day.
    I'll never forget the cheap hit Jimmy Redmond (Jags) put on him back in the day, I thought he was dead.

9. Pollardized

I'm going to tell him about your screen name and his number if you don't mind. He's a really good guy, and I think he'll enjoy hearing that.

It's funny, he was ushering in the section we usually sit in, and he always went out of his way to shake my hand, give me a hug, that kind of stuff. He always just seems so happy and Blessed, I told my wife "I want to be like him." She said that I needed to surround myself with people like him: happy, positive, upbeat believers. So i decided to join the Usher Ministry. I got a card that said JJ Moses was my trainer. I kept thinking the name sounded familiar, but it never dawned on me he was JJ Moses who played for the Texans. I thought he was just a really nice guy who went out of his way to be nice to people.

SeƱor Stan likes this.