Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

My Top 5

El Tejano

Hall of Fame
1. Joe Thomas OT Wisconsin. We need to get this OT thing taken care of and solidified. Spencer gives this kid time to make the adjustment.

2. Adrian Peterson RB OK- Davis is unlikely to be around long, Lundy is playing good but is not the long term answer. I giggle when I see Gado and Dayne.

3.Aaron Ross CB Texas - Would fill two really big needs in CB and PR. This guy can hang with the best of them.

4a. Jeff Semerja WR Notre Dame - Eric Moulds is playing great, Walter shows up every now and then. WR takes a couple of years to develop, why not give this kid a chance to learn while the above mentioned still play at a high level.

4b. Marshawn Lynch - If we are looking RB and Peterson is gone, this kid will do just fine. Power and Speed combined.

5. Zibikowski S Notre Dame - People are laughing at this but the fact this kid can hit and tackle and almost look like a LB makes me think he would fit in real well here. Reminds me of John Lynch or Roy Williams.

TexansSeminole

Hall of Fame
Hmmmm, Notre Dame fan? Let me ask you if this is your top 5 players overall in the draft or if these are just your favorites or what.

Before you make a thread you should make sure you have players names spelled right. You aren't even remotely close with Jeff Samardzija

TexansLucky13

53d Signal Batt
Adrian Peterson is a huge gamble. The kid is injury prone and we don't need a Running Back. Jeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeez.

mexican_texan

Furry Tractors
Adrian Peterson is a huge gamble. The kid is injury prone and we don't need a Running Back. Jeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeez.
He's injury prone because he plays tough, he doesn't dance around defenders like Bush. It's not like he's been out with turf toe or stomach illnesses.

mexican_texan

Furry Tractors
I would rather have Kenny Irons in the second round, if he somehow falls, than Marshawn Lynch. Maybe Michael Bush in the 3rd.

TexansLucky13

53d Signal Batt
He's injury prone because he plays tough, he doesn't dance around defenders like Bush. It's not like he's been out with turf toe or stomach illnesses.
Well so what? I could list off a dozen names of guys who fight in the trenches day in and day out but still remain injury-free.

He is a gamble and we don't need a RB with the 1st round pick.

Meloy

Veteran
Should not a running back be way down our list? Remember Kubes can take any old running back and get them 1000 yards in that zone blocking scheme.

mexican_texan

Furry Tractors
Well so what? I could list off a dozen names of guys who fight in the trenches day in and day out but still remain injury-free.

He is a gamble and we don't need a RB with the 1st round pick.
No, but he's not injury prone in the sense of sitting games out for fickle injuries.

Not saying we need him, or I like him, I've just seen him burn a certain defense to lead OU to a win over a certain quarterback who only lost 2 games.

TexansCanes

Rookie
No, but he's not injury prone in the sense of sitting games out for fickle injuries.

Not saying we need him, or I like him, I've just seen him burn a certain defense to lead OU to a win over a certain quarterback who only lost 2 games.
No one is saying he doesn't play hard and lead OU to wins but the guy hasn't been healthly for a whole year before which is why he would be a gamble for a top 5 spot.

Errant Hothy

Hypermediocrity
1. Joe Thomas OT Wisconsin. We need to get this OT thing taken care of and solidified. Spencer gives this kid time to make the adjustment.

2. Adrian Peterson RB OK- Davis is unlikely to be around long, Lundy is playing good but is not the long term answer. I giggle when I see Gado and Dayne.

3.Aaron Ross CB Texas - Would fill two really big needs in CB and PR. This guy can hang with the best of them.

4a. Jeff Semerja WR Notre Dame - Eric Moulds is playing great, Walter shows up every now and then. WR takes a couple of years to develop, why not give this kid a chance to learn while the above mentioned still play at a high level.

4b. Marshawn Lynch - If we are looking RB and Peterson is gone, this kid will do just fine. Power and Speed combined.

5. Zibikowski S Notre Dame - People are laughing at this but the fact this kid can hit and tackle and almost look like a LB makes me think he would fit in real well here. Reminds me of John Lynch or Roy Williams.
I have absolutly no desire for nay saftey who plays like Roy Williams to ever play in Houston...the man cannot cover, and like Zibs should be converted to LB.

Some of the above aren't even the best at their position much less top 5 material.

TexansSeminole

Hall of Fame
I have absolutly no desire for nay saftey who plays like Roy Williams to ever play in Houston...the man cannot cover, and like Zibs should be converted to LB.

Some of the above aren't even the best at their position much less top 5 material.
I'd love to have a safety like Roy Williams. Just because he is known for laying the wood down, doesn't mean he can't cover. Anyway Zib... is not anything like Roy Williams.

Errant Hothy

Hypermediocrity
I'd love to have a safety like Roy Williams. Just because he is known for laying the wood down, doesn't mean he can't cover. Anyway Zib... is not anything like Roy Williams.
I live in the DFW and I promise you Roy Williams cannot cover with a spit. Ever since Darren Woodson left he's been exposed as one of teh worst coverage safeties. No thank to any safety who cannot cover, even if they can bring the pain.

bah007

Hall of Fame
I live in the DFW and I promise you Roy Williams cannot cover with a spit. Ever since Darren Woodson left he's been exposed as one of teh worst coverage safeties. No thank to any safety who cannot cover, even if they can bring the pain.
I dont meant to offend you but where you live has nothing to do with what you know about football.

Im not saying you dont know anything.

My point is that I have lived in or around Houston my whole life & I watch every single Cowboys game (unless they are on at the same time as the Texans). So just cuz you live there, doesnt mean you know more than everybody else. Like I said, that doesnt mean you dont know what you are talking about.

bah007

Hall of Fame
I think Williams can cover... decently.

He is not good at it. But he can do it.

His strength against the run outweighs that, I think.

With a good cover FS, like Darren Sharper maybe, the Boys secondary would be awesome.

Errant Hothy

Hypermediocrity
I dont meant to offend you but where you live has nothing to do with what you know about football.

Im not saying you dont know anything.

My point is that I have lived in or around Houston my whole life & I watch every single Cowboys game (unless they are on at the same time as the Texans). So just cuz you live there, doesnt mean you know more than everybody else. Like I said, that doesnt mean you dont know what you are talking about.
I didn't take offense, just trying to illustrate that I have access to ifo alot of Houstonians don't, ie Dallas radio where most agree Williams is a liability in coverage.

That's all. Not trying to flex the brain or anything.

El Tejano

Hall of Fame
I didn't take offense, just trying to illustrate that I have access to ifo alot of Houstonians don't, ie Dallas radio where most agree Williams is a liability in coverage.

That's all. Not trying to flex the brain or anything.
These are my top 5 players. These aren't who I think are the top 5 in the draft, and it is not the order in which I think we should draft them (except for my #1). Zib is on the list for that reason as I see us going for a safety in FA and possibly one in the later rounds because of that. I also think he makes a good special teamer.

I forgot about Irons, and I certainly wouldn't mind him, I just think that he will be gone by the time we decide to go for a RB if Peterson isn't there in the 1st.

As far as the spelling goes, I think that should let you know I am not a Notre Dame fan. I like them, but my Horns are really the only team I go for in College.

Does everyone agree with me on Ross?

TexansSeminole

Hall of Fame
Does everyone agree with me on Ross?
I agree that he is a good player and worth drafting in the second if we want to go CB with that pick. He really has had a breakout year. What I think will keep him out of the 1st round is that this year (his senior year) is his first year starting.

El Tejano

Hall of Fame
I agree that he is a good player and worth drafting in the second if we want to go CB with that pick. He really has had a breakout year. What I think will keep him out of the 1st round is that this year (his senior year) is his first year starting.
The INT against OkSt. was just sick. In my opinion a second on him would be awesome. The Chronicle had some statistics that showed we haven't improved in our run game and passing defense from last year.

If we get the Olineman from Wisconsin that would be good for what we need, a CB would help to improve that pass defense. We are getting pressure on the QB and there are still alot of receivers wide open.