My Thoughts on Today's Game vs. Arizona

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by TexansAllTheWayBaby, Dec 18, 2005.

1. TexansAllTheWayBaby

TexansAllTheWayBaby Veteran

Well, today was a tremendous game by our Houston Texans.

I thought we fought. We fought with emotion and itensity. Two key elements. We picked up a big win, and I'm proud of it.

In terms of offense, we played nice. Our execution shined today, we completed passes, and established a solid running game. This one obviously one of the better offense games we played this year.

Defensively, steller performance I feel. We pressured the passer from various angles, and the result was a good number of sacks on the day. We also got 2 interceptions. That is the sign of a good defense.

In the third phase of the game, special teams, a significant improvement from last week. Kris Brown nailed his field goals, we had solid punt and kick returns, and for the most part good punts. We also foreced a fumble on special teams, when we kicked off to them. Great job.

It takes courage to fight the way we did today given the situation. I thought their was a lot of speculation on whether our team was playing full force or not due to the no. 1 pick, and today's game ended all of that talk. Our team consists of fighters. I've always said that and I strongly stick to it today.

With a team like this, we can experience many more days like this.

Fans- superve job at Reliant Stadium today, I apploude you. I also credit you who cheered on greatly for a Texans win at home, as I did.

Good win today, now we can build on it next week against a Jacksonville team which will be fighting for a playoff berth, similar to last year when we played them.

Go Texans!:redtowel:

2. Fiddy

Fiddy Hall of Fame

Yeah, we got that hitch pass down. :dontknowa

Kurt Warner had 35 less passing yards than Carr...on 23 less attempts. (And I think Warner only played one quarter.)

3. tulexan

tulexan Hall of Fame

We got lucky. Warner was looking really good even on one leg. I have no doubt that if he played the entire game we would've been blown out.

4. Goldeagle

Goldeagle Hall of Fame

Yes, Warner is a great QB, and if we had an O-line we would not have to do a 1 step drop pass all the time. Its embarassing to see what we have to call for our offense due to these guys.

I really hope to kick the you know what out of Jax since they are our Rival. Be nice to rain on their parade.

5. bpergrem3

bpergrem3 Rookie

This win means nothing. A crappy team beat another team.

If it means anything, it's that if we beat SF in two weeks we will drop to the 4th or 5th pick of the draft.

And that is just soooooooooo freaking great. I can't freaking wait.:redtowel: :redtowel: :redtowel:

6. Goldeagle

Goldeagle Hall of Fame

I hope we win out and show some heart. I was not mad today watching our team play. I actually ENJOYED 3 hours of my life with this team

Double Barrel likes this.
  7. bpergrem3

bpergrem3 Rookie

I didn't get it on TV today. Fox showed the New Orleans - Carolina game

8. Fiddy

Fiddy Hall of Fame

Carr had plenty of time today. The Cardinals were the ones that didnt. And Carr was calling most of the plays, atleast in the first half, according to the SR610 crew.

Either way, Carr screwed up a few times:
    1) Before our first TD, Carr had plently of time, got happy feet and instead of stepping up and getting a few more seconds, he scrambled forward for a yard or two.
    2) At our 8, 2nd down, 20 seconds left in the half, Carr spikes the ball to get to the 3rd down and then calls a timeout so he wasted a down. We have to settle for a FG.
    3) The INT. The LB baited him like Carr was a rookie.
    4) After we had gotten a turnover, Carr scrambles to buy time and then instead of throwing it away, tries to pick up 2 yards and fumbles the ball.

If Warner plays the entire game, we lose.

9. Kaiser Toro

Kaiser Toro Native Mod

This is the one that blew my mind. In a frantic state he hurries the team when we have 40 seconds left in the game and gets them to the line and spikes the ball. In the infinite wisdom that either Pendry or Carr have they call a hitch to Bradford for -1 yards. They are, how do you say, not as smart as they look. Carr has as much feel for the game as someone who spends their whole day rooting for their favorite team to lose.

2-7-ARI19 (:45) D.Carr pass to C.Bradford to ARZ 8 for 11 yards (D.Macklin). (1 yard after catch.)
    1-8-ARI8 (:28) D.Carr pass incomplete.
    2-8-ARI8 (:28) D.Carr pass to C.Bradford to ARZ 9 for -1 yards (A.Rolle, L.Reid).

Fiddy likes this.
  10. Runner

Runner Hubcap Diamond Staff Member

In the first half we were certainly capable of capitalizing on a team that gave us good field position on every kick-off. I haven't read the game thread yet where I'm sure this has been brought up, but those kick-offs away from Mathis were giving us the ball between the 40s every time. On top of thier obvious fear of Mathis, I was wondering why they kicked it to Wells instead of Norris. Apparently our players were talking about the same thing on the sidelines. That was pretty poor game planning by the Cards.

11. Double Barrel

Double Barrel Modified Simian

It's good to feel a win today. Regardless of how meaningless it is in this dismal 2-12 season, it's still nice to go to a game and cheer our team to victory. :thumbup

Even though it was the lowly Cardinals, I still think we've got some talent on the team. We just need a new front office to come in and put the peices together (with some new peices, of course), and turn things around.

It'll happen. Just takes time. :texflag:

12. Goldeagle

Goldeagle Hall of Fame

I also saw 3 dropped passes and why does our team call roll outs to Carrs opposite throwing arm?

13. stevo3883

stevo3883 All Pro

Dom thinks it looks cooler when he throws across his body

14. Vinny

Vinny shiny happy fan Staff Member

If we kept the gameplan to what Carr does best we would only throw hitch passes....oh wait, our long pass was 11 yards. nevermind.

15. wiley2002

wiley2002 Veteran

I got stuck watching either the Colts' tromping or the onslaught the Panthers gave the Saints. What happened to showing Houston in the Corpus Christi area? You bet they make sure to show Dallas games though. Everyone seems to be a Cowgirl fan down here.

:penalty: :challenge :tv:

16. Bullpen Drew

Bullpen Drew All Pro

At least the Cowgirls lost! Don't worry, we will be on every Sunday next year after we draft Bush!

17. bigcarlos

bigcarlos Veteran

Games havent been shown here in SA and Austin as of late

18. Buffi2

Buffi2 Site Contributor

I felt pretty good about today's game - even though we were playing a totally inept team and went through three QB's. The team was obviously trying their darndest to play as well as they could - possibly to impress Reeves.

Carr (sigh) and I've been a Carr supporter for the most part, had something like a 4 yard average per pass. Now, that isn't going to cut it over the long haul and I'm really hopeful that since we are probably going to keep him that someone can manage to un-teach him that one step, sharpen the o-line, and make him a long passer once again. Our running game was pretty good - given who we were playing - but we still don't have a playmaker in that dept. DD doesn't appear to be able to stay healthy for even half a season and that isn't going to cut it either.

The fans were good. Not much booing, no sacks, no Reg-gie chants. Our team may not be the greatest - but we have the greatest fans!

I just tuned in so I don't know if this has been asked and answered already. Why does Capers and Co change things in the second half when the first half is working? Working better than usual, anyway. Haven't they heard if it ain't broke don't fix it? The offense that came out in the second half bore no resemblance to the offense that went to the dressing room at the end of the first half. Most perplexing.

19. Goldeagle

Goldeagle Hall of Fame

Guys, our O line is that bad, that is why we only do 1 step drops and passes, WE CANT DO ANYTHING ELSE!

20. Vinny

Vinny shiny happy fan Staff Member

Carr makes this line look much much worse than it really is. For me it's really frustrating to watch such bad QB play game after game after game. If Carr had some dynamic plays mixed in with all the short hitch passes I'd be a bit happier...but he can't read defenses and the team doesn't let him throw to the middle of the field because they don't trust him.