My Texan's Mock Draft..

Discussion in 'College Football & the NFL Draft' started by HeartofHouston, Dec 8, 2005.

1. HeartofHouston

HeartofHouston Veteran

Oct 19, 2005
    Trade down from 1st to 6th overall..
    (Recieve 2nd and 3rd Round)

Trade DD for a 3rd Round..

1st - HB DeAngelo Williams (Memphis)
    (Great Back.. Decent Size, good speed and great field vision.. averaging 6.2 yrds per carry, 15 TDs for the season.. I think he's gonna be a solid back for us with the new revamped coaching staff and new o line..)

2nd - OT Marcus McNeil (Auburn)
    (HUGE, with great speed for his size.. A punishing Run Blocker and Solid Pass blocker.. Has REALLY Quick Feet.)

2nd - OT Johnathan Scott (UTexas)
    (Not as Fast or Quick as McNeil but he's a mauler at run blocker and a solid pass blocker..)

3rd - CB DeMario Minter (UGA)
    (Physical and Has good speed, rare physical-cover corner)

3rd - DE Kamerion Wimbley (FSU)
    (Extremely QUICK, Great Pass Rusher.. a bit undersized but nothing that training camp cant handle.. beef him up 10 more pounds of muscle and he'll be good to go)

3rd - TE Joel Klopfenstein (Colorado)
    (Great Size.. Amazing Speed for his size.. Good hands.. Could give LBs a problem on passing downs)

3rd - OLB Roger McIntosh (UMiami)
    (Great Speed.. solid tackler.. could be a steal in the third round..)

4th - S Daniel Bullocks (Neb)
    (Good size..Good speed, physical Safety plays with an attitude.. Reminds me of Antwan Peek just at Safety)

5th - S Greg Threat (UMiami)
    (Good Speed, Good Size.. tackling is a questionable at times, but he plays at top speed..)

6th - WR Clinton Solomon (Iowa)
    (6'3.. Tall Target with good hands often a target for a scrambling Drew Tate.. could be the target of a scrambling Carr.. :o)

7th - ILB Leon Williams (UMiami)
    (Great Speed, would defintely be a hidden gem in the 7th..)
  2. V Man

V Man Pumpkinhead

Apr 29, 2004
    That would be awesome, but Scott for sure and possibly McNeil will be gone by the second round. Also Minter won't make it out of the second.
  3. infantrycak

infantrycak Mod. Staff Member

Apr 29, 2004
    Well that is not great value. The chart isn't the bible but #1 (3000 pts) vs. #6 (1600 pts) + (assume 6th pick in 2nd and 3rd) #38 (520 pts) + #70 (240 pts) or 2360 pts.
  4. cadahnic

cadahnic All Pro

Mar 2, 2005
    We got robbed. Some of your picks are solid. McNeil may make it into the second, but Scott will not likely. Minter if he does not run well is a third rounder, but he will likely run well. Threat is nice, but reminds me of Rumph a few years ago, would maybe like to see Griffin or Huff in there if they run well. Leon Williams in the 7th would be awesome, I would also look at Levon Nagy the DE he is about Peeks size but faster and from the U. Roger McIntosh is a beast he is not as good as Vilma, but he definately works harder could be a real steal in this draft. Not a fan of your first pick and giving up DD for Deangelo Williams seems pretty pointless. If we are going down to 6 lets look at a more elite prospect that D. Williams. Kloppenstien and Bullocks are solid picks, but I think I would rather some other guys.
  5. BuffSoldier

BuffSoldier Hall of Fame

Apr 30, 2004
    DD for a third rounder is ridiculouse. Whats more ridiculouse is that you have J Scott and McNeill as second rounders, and most ridiculouse is giveing up DD and not taking Bush with the first pick.
  6. MorKnolle

MorKnolle Hall of Fame

Apr 23, 2005
    I absolutely don't understand trading Davis for a 3rd rounder (and taking a $8.4 million cap hit) and then drafting a rookie RB, especially DeAngelo Williams who is relatively the same type of runner that Davis is.