Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

My Texans,Green Bay Trade

Daonly

Waterboy
This trade goes down only if AP is not avalible with the #8.

Houston Trades #8 overall and our 4th round pick for Greenbay's #16 overall, 3 round pick ,and Arron Rodgers.

Greenbay trades up for Marshawn Lynch.

Sherman gets his QB Rodgers back.

#16 we can go for, Ted Ginn Jr, Leon Hall, Reggie Nelson, Levi Brown, maybe Landry.

We can get Ginn for sure.We grab and extra third We then can trade Carr to the Raiders or Panthers for an extra pick or the Dolphins; Let him reunite with Capers. :) What you guys think?

Houston Trades #8 overall and our 4th round pick for Greenbay's #16 overall, 3 round pick ,and Arron Rodgers.

#16 we can go for, Ted Ginn Jr, Leon Hall, Reggie Nelson, Levi Brown, maybe Landry.

We can get Ginn for sure.We grab and extra third We then can trade Carr to the Raiders or Panthers for an extra pick or the Dolphins; Let him reunite with Capers. :) What you guys think?

HMMM, nope.Thanks but no thanks. Can Kubiack make him work ? Probably. Is he a significant upgrade over DC? Nope.

First your trade values are way off, if the Texans trade back to #16 they should get a 2nd RD to with it, nothing less or they are getting raped. Forget swapping 3rd and 4ths.

Second, NO MORE Tedford QBs.

First your trade values are way off, if the Texans trade back to #16 they should get a 2nd RD to with it, nothing less or they are getting raped. Forget swapping 3rd and 4ths.

Second, NO MORE Tedford QBs.

I don't mind the Tedford thingy. The sun dail out to see how long it takes him to wind up and release is what get me. 9ers by passed the guy for a reason. We're desperate for sure. I don't know we're Rogers desperate though.

If we wanted Rodgers - then it works. But, I don't think we do. Plus, GB needs a qb to replace Favre - so why trade him - unless he is not very good.

I don't mind dealing with GB - but if AD is there I want him - if not, GB can get Lynch by sitting still or moving up just a few spots (if they really think Buff will take Lynch and really want hm htat bad). It would only cost them a 3rd to move up to 11 where it takes a 2nd to move up to 8. But, that means SF (or ATL/Mia) has to be willing to deal. Somebody will deal at the right price - but if I were paying to move up, I would aim ahead of us to get AD if he was on the board.

This coming from someone who has never watch the guy play. Your hatred over certain people is beyond annoying.

ummm, I watched the Cougars 3 times last year. 2 times on TV and once live. Dude is just another above average college QB, the only reason some of you yayhoos even know who he is is because he went to Cougar High....big freaking deal...so did Klinger and Ware...they sure did so well.....dumb sheeple.

I have him going in the late 3rd to 4th round. But whatever, you can continue to assume what you want and you can continue to be another one of the sheeple who pander for Carr and Kolb while slamming anyone who doesnt think like the rest of the dumb Houston Sheeple. I will say that to go from supporting Carr to supporting Kolb is pretty consistent in its commitment to mediocrity and perpetuating the 'low expectation syndrome' that permeates this city's sports franchises. Let me guess, you are one of the morons who thinks Bagwell should be in the Hall Of Fame too, huh? :monkey:

ummm, I watched the Cougars 3 times last year. 2 times on TV and once live. Dude is just another above average college QB, the only reason some of you yayhoos even know who he is is because he went to Cougar High....big freaking deal...so did Klinger and Ware...they sure did so well.....dumb sheeple.

I have him going in the late 3rd to 4th round. But whatever, you can continue to assume what you want and you can continue to be another one of the sheeple who pander for Carr and Kolb while slamming anyone who doesnt think like the rest of the dumb Houston Sheeple. I will say that to go from supporting Carr to supporting Kolb is pretty consistent in its commitment to mediocrity and perpetuating the 'low expectation syndrome' that permeates this city's sports franchises. Let me guess, you are one of the morons who thinks Bagwell should be in the Hall Of Fame too, huh? :monkey:
re: low expectations
how could we have low expectations of a team that has the 4th best winning percentage in MLB in the last 14 years, made the playoffs six times in the last 10 years, and went to the World Series in 2005.

re: Kevin Kolb
many fans around here just want the same thing you did last year, a hometown QB to play for Houston professionally. i dont see how you could fault them for wanting the same QB who alot of them (that's right, not everybody cheers/bandwagons UT in Houston) have cheered for over the course of the last 4 years continue to have that same success down the street at Reliant.

re: Jeff Bagwells' HOF candidacy
while Baggy might not be a cinch, i think you make worse cases for players being inducted to Cooperstown.

so if not Kolb, then who? what would you do to fix the QB situation? and no, you cant say "travel back in time to april 29, 2006." i'd love something else from you other than the usual carr sucks drivel that usually comes out.

Bagwell - Yes I think he should be in the hall, but I do not think he will get in on a first ballet. But then again you think you should not get in because he played for a Houston team, so it seems by how you put it. There are plenty of people on both sides about Bagwell. Gammons, Stark and Neyer think he should be in. No I do not have a link it was from Chat wrap ups from last year.

Anyone who does not conform to your opinion is a sheep? How freakin arrogant of you. No one is alowd to disagree with your opinon and if they do you attack them and call them names

Kolb - Yes I like Kolb from watching and I am not some espn fool who compares a player based upon what someone else did at the same school. I watched severl games of Kolb, all of Quinns cames and several of Stantons. Quinn has great talent and the smarts to poay QB but for the Texans they have so many needs and drafting OL or Safety in the first improves the team for the long term with drafting a QB to tutor. Stanton is a moron, and is very prone to mistakes and all the things you say you hate about Carr Stanton does in spades. As far as other QBs in the draft I have stated there are some that others like but I am not as familiar with so I can not say one way or the other about my views or what they can and will bring to the game. Obviously, you can take players you have not watched that much and make a decision on them based soley on how a player did 15 yrs ago.

I am by far from a conformest, I am able to make myown decisions. Having you call me a sheeple will not make me change my way of thinking. That my work with the 5th graders you use that on, but not even your average adult.

The Kolb talk should be in another thread - but since it is here.

If anyone says he is a "sure thing" they are wrong.

If anyone says he is a "sure bust" they are wrong.

If he was either, he would go number 1 overall or wouldn't be drafted. The fact is that he has a nice skill set that could translate well to the pros but he also has a few things that need to be developed and/or corrected. Just like every other QB, especially those that are not projected to go top 5.

So, IMO (which should be pretty good since I watch every UH home and TV game), he has potential to be a very good pro QB (which is better IMO than other QBs that are projected to be decent) because of his strengths. But, he has a few issues that he must resolve or he will not even be a starter.
The question - can he fix those issues? My answer is that I would risk my 3rd rounder that he does. But, I probably wouldn't risk my 2nd rounder(when I can get a player with a higher percentage chance of success at other positions at that spot). JMO - I am sure each of us could say he "will" fix those issues and thakes hm worth a first or he "wont fix them and we should avoid him. That is what makes QBs so risky. But, if you don't take the risk by taking one, you end up with Sage/etc. as a starter which means you will never be very good.

Back