My sincerest condolences

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by jagsfanincanada, Sep 18, 2006.

1. jagsfanincanada

jagsfanincanada Veteran

I just read your starting rookie LT is out for the year and Ephraim Salaam will now start.

Having watched Salaam as a Jag for the past 2 years, I am saying with no hint of sarcasm or ill will, I feel bad for you guys.

If you think you have seen bad offensive line play, you haven't seen anything yet. This scrub almost got Leftwich killed multiple times in 2004.

2. Doom Capers

Doom Capers Veteran

good to hear

Runner likes this.
  3. powerfuldragon

powerfuldragon g'mornin to you

Man... Leftwich is a tank. Will D.Carr be injured by week six?

[edit] I hope not.

4. Sage...Sage...Sage.

Kaiser Toro likes this.
  5. jagibelieve

jagibelieve Veteran

I've got to agree with my fellow Jaguar fan. Salaam got the name "turnstile" in Jacksonville last year for a reason. He was actually replaced and inactive for the last part of our season and replaced by a rookie. I feel bad for Carr...

6. rondog

rondog Rookie

7. TEXANS84

TEXANS84 Moderator Staff Member

Who took his spot, Barnes?

8. Ibar_Harry

Ibar_Harry Hall of Fame

Yes, but remember what Kubiak has said. "Its his locker room presence that has inspired Kubiak"!!!!!

9. nunusguy

nunusguy Hall of Fame

Can anybody wonder why DC is screwed up in the head and gets the yips
    with regular frequency ? He is now about to embark on his latest adventure with another untested or over-the-hill NFL LT to cover his butt.

10. beerlover

beerlover Site Contributor

when Spencer layed there twisting in pain it was to date my lowest point so far as a Texans fan. I mean here is our promising rookie LT locked up on Freeney & in some freak accident is clipped by 275 lb Ron Dayne barreling down the lane Spencer had just opened up.

to his credit Carr never came out of the game and played a whole lot better in the 4th quarter but I can't see how the rest of the season can improve as expected without Spencer in there & solidifying the LT position.

TheOgre likes this.
  11. Please_Evolve

Please_Evolve Veteran

That we'll go out and look for help in the market?

How about Flannigan's Injury? I get sick of the thought of having McKinney play Center again....

12. Johnny Utah

Johnny Utah All Pro

I'm hoping Pitts will now become our LT over this Salaam scrub. Pitts has proven that he can play this position decently.

13. Texans Horror

Texans Horror Hall of Fame

The only problem with Pitts at LT is that means McKinney has to play guard. Hodgdon moves forward to center. With one single move we have 0 backups at Center and 0 backups at Guard. Salaam and Winston are still backing up Weigert, who I don't think will make it to the end of the season. He's taking a beating. Either he goes down, or he's pulled, but I don't think he's going to survive another 14 games.

14. RiotCommander

RiotCommander All Pro

A Jags fan with class. Thanks for saying that. Spencer was one of my favorite players, and I feel he would have really improved this year. Next year will be like he is still a rookie again....

15. jdog

jdog All Pro

Can we bring in some sumo wrestlers for the line or something? Maybe we could put Carr in one of those foam sumo wrestler costumes instead.

16. gtexan02

gtexan02 Working?

Time for open tryouts to find our "Invincible"

17. jdog

jdog All Pro

I say we offer free food to the five biggest guys we can find on ebay.

18. jdog

jdog All Pro

If you have five guys that weigh five hundred pounds...they might be slow...but they would make our line about twenty feet wide not counting Owen. I think Carr could make a pass before the defenders run around the corner.

19. jagsfanincanada

jagsfanincanada Veteran

Yes Barnes took his spot and played well, our offense started playing much better after that, not coincidentally.

I doubt any of you saw it but if you saw the game in 2004 when we beat Green Bay in that super cold game in Green Bay, that's all you need to see. KGB ran right around Salaam that entire game and delivered vicious hits.

And the worst part is he's a laugher and joker. How can you be laughing and joking when you're getting your QB killed? Get ready for his standup comedian act in press conferences after he lets up 3 sacks and 5 pressures.

:rant:

20. 19-10

19-10 Veteran

Did he die? Now offering condolences to our season, that would be appropriate. But not b/c of Spencer - better than a blown out knee!!