My only question is....

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by EllisUnit, Jan 15, 2012.

1. EllisUnit

EllisUnit Serving Koolaid

Why did Yates go for the Homerun on the last 2 drives, the second to last drive we had plenty of time and AJ was not open. So why not just pick up a 1st down, and on the last drive we needed 3 yards for a 1st down, then spike the ball and still have 2 shots. So why were we continually trying to hit the home run late in the game.

With all that said i am proud of the Texans, and our future is looking really bright. Heres to a healthy Schaub and a Superbowl victory next season.

2. BullNation4Life

BullNation4Life Hall of Fame

wasn't going to matter, Reed and Pollard were playing so deep.....

This game was lost as soon as Jacoby Jones fumbled the ball and gave them 7 points...

ATXtexanfan likes this.
  3. TexansBull

TexansBull Hall of Fame

4. EllisUnit

i agree but i think Yates 4 INTs helped them out a little. WHY in the hell did we have to lose Schaub this season ? We should of blown the ravens out, they got no pressure on Yates all day and our Defense was all over Flacco all game long.

5. PhilpW

PhilpW Irish-American

2 minutes to play, 2 time outs, and Foster has 132 yards rushing, and our play is to throw the ball to the goal line. That's what I don't understand.

WolverineFan likes this.
  6. EllisUnit

well i'm not saying run it, hell have a couple of short crossing routes, maybe a few dump offs to the TEs. But u dont throw the ball up for grabs with 2 minutes left and 2 time outs.

7. NastyNate

NastyNate I go kerplunk

times a million. If this is on Dennison or Kubiak or Yates? That was just dumb football no matter how you cut it. At least get on a shorter field. Take one more shot, spike it and get a game winner out of it. Don't take that risk man. Dumb dumb dumb play. So dumb. We had this game. We had it. Dumb play.

8. ThaShark316

ThaShark316 #28

More "they were covering the sidelines" than anything. But I see your point, man.

9. TexanSam

TexanSam Hall of Fame

Lance Zierlein said Yates had a TE open underneath on that 4th and 2 play. Anybody have it DVRed?

10. utahmark

utahmark markbeth

there was 20 sec left..... was he in the endzone? On the second to last drive Yates made the mistake.

11. Brandon420tx

Brandon420tx Flounder

While I love Schaub been a huge supporter, I think our offenes runs better with a more mobile QB behind center. That said, TJ won't be ready to lead this team for at least another 2 seasons. Any good seasons we get out of Matt Schaub after that are bonus

12. BullNation4Life

3 wasn't it? Yeah but I expected a rookie QB to look bad against the Ravens. that is allot to ask of a rookie QB...

Howeva...I expect a 4 year veteran who's sole position on this team is to field punts and to use his head while fielding those punts and he, after time and time again, fails on this level...

7 pt lose when the Ravens second possession was on the Texans 2 yard line because of????

13. dream_team

dream_team Hall of Fame

You're going to have to ask TJ that question. He saw something that wasn't there. I have a feeling Ed Reed did what he usually does, which is bait QBs to bad throws. Yates tried to look off the safety, then went to AJ... who was open if he was just singled covered. But Reed made a good play. So you'll have to ask TJ why he didn't account for Reed on that play.

14. thunderkyss

thunderkyss Salem Poor

That ball hit KDub in the shoulder. He should have caught that ball. I dont like or understand the call, but we had an opportunity to tie the game on the final play. It was t right call, Walters just has to make that catch, if it was Jacoby, I understand the hate, but it was our best hands guy & he choked.

This game, play-offs is about stepping up. Everybody is on Jacoby, but he's our 3rd WR. Kdub is #2 & he doesn't compare to other team's #2.

I understand everybody being upset that Jacoby hasn't stepped up & taken that spot. But what about the guy in that spot?

15. NastyNate

NastyNate I go kerplunk

Yates stared quarters that whole play. You can re-watch it a thousand times and there is no argument. You're delusional man.

16. TexanExile

TexanExile A New Hope

Yates made some really nice throws today. I don't want to only focus on the picks.

Other than making a decent recovery of a fumble, Jones did nothing good and a lot bad.

17. utahmark

utahmark markbeth

Nobody but Foster steped up for us on offense or special teams. We outplayed the Ravens but they made plays when they needed to and we did not. We just blew a chance to go to the superbowl, hope we get another one.

18. NastyNate

NastyNate I go kerplunk

play was trips right side with owen jacoby and walters and Andre left side single coverage. Everyone went go routes. I don't know why the hell they called it. Arian shoulda seen the lack of coverage and bounced out of the pocket for the check route.

19. BullNation4Life

Um AJ had a pretty nice game for getting doubled all day....

20. utahmark

utahmark markbeth

He let at least two int happen right in front of him. It's the freaking playoff's take the guys helment off, kick him in the nuts, whatever you have to do. You have a rookie qb throwing to you, protect him!!!! He did'nt play bad but I would'nt call that steping up. And how do you know he was doubled all day? You get that from watching on the television?