my mock

Discussion in 'College Football & the NFL Draft' started by Janus3, Mar 26, 2007.

1. Janus3

Janus3 Veteran

just did this for fun and to see reactions.

first off, i want the texans to trade out of the pick, ideally with gb. so i'll say gb gives a 2nd rounder this year and a 3rd next, as well as their first this year, needless to say, it's almost certain the texans will get gb's 2nd regardless of what they get next year.

16 Reggie Nelson S Florida
    47 Marcus McCauley CB Fresno St
    73 Tony Hunt RB Penn St
    103 Paul Williams WR Fresno St
    134 Ikaika Alama-Francis DE Hawaii
    168 Daniel Sepulveda P Baylor
    199 Mark Fenton C Colorado

2. Ole Miss Texan

Ole Miss Texan Hall of Fame

I could deal with that, i like it.

however i we wouldnt get a 3rd. If we got their 1st and 2nd..we might have to give them our 4th. unless they REALLY covet our #10.

3. autch14

autch14 Rookie

i could see them giving us that if lynch is the only rb left

4. AtheGreat

AtheGreat Veteran

looks pretty decent. i'd use that 3rd on some OL help somewhere. i think we have a pretty weighed down backfield as it is. good mock though.

5. Janus3

Janus3 Veteran

yeah i was debating whether to address the o line earlier or later. i felt the line as it stands is probably average and giving schaub a few weapons would help ease the burden. i think hunt could be a great rb for the texans as he's huge and can catch out of teh backfield. also a decent blocker. williams fighting for the #2 should also be helpful. that's the main reason i chose to pass on the oline in early. if the texans choose to take oline earlier i wouldn't be upset at all.

6. rollinstone18

rollinstone18 let it bleed

Hunt looks like a day 2 guy. I'd rather take another 3rd rounder this year and 2nd rounder next year.

7. Insideop

Insideop Hall of Fame

We won't get their 2nd rounder unless we give up our 4th this year, or they are too desperate and need the pick (not likely IMO).

I do like the 1st two picks you have and would be happy with both, but I don't think we need or would draft a RB in the 3rd rd. The 3rd is where they might start looking at WR or OL. Williams is projected to go in the 2nd or 3rd round, so if he's there in the 3rd take him. If not, get Jason Hill. As for OL in the 3rd they might go for Alleman (Guard) or Datish (Center).

Don't know much about the DE from Hawaii, but I'm thinking if they don't pick an OL in the 3rd then they will take Ryan Harris or Brandon Frye in the 4th.

Sepulveda in the 6th would be a great pick. Just hope he's there. Fenton in the 7th would be good too, but he's projected to go in the 6th. He could fall though.

All in all, a pretty good draft. JMHO!

8. Janus3

Janus3 Veteran

thanks and had no idea williams could go as high as 2nd, was hearing a late 3rd/early 4th. i love the kid so going early 3rd would not bother me at all.

9. kastofsna

kastofsna Hall of Fame

day 2? hunt could be gone by the second easily.