Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

My Keys to beating St. Louis

Our Houston Texans square off against a St. Louis team which is, much like us, better than their record I belive. It will be a hard-fought game this Sunday in our house, Reliant Stadium.

Here's what I think we need to do to pull this one off Sunday...

-Test their secondary early, with deep passes. This will get the crowd behind us early, and give us confidence. This will obviously also build much needed momentum.

-Make big defensive plays on 3rd down. This has killed us softly all year long.

-Some good blocks on the kick-returns to help Jerome Mathis. He's young, fast, and very skilles at the position. He has a future with us, and can help us in terms of some nice field position.

By doing these above, I belive we may earn our 2nd win of the season Sunay.

Fans: Cheer us on Sunday, whether your going to the game or not. Remember, if you stick with us and cheer us no during the rough times, it will only magnitue the good times positevely.

Go Texans!:texflag:

TexansAllTheWayBaby said:
Fans: Cheer us on Sunday, whether your going to the game or not. Remember, if you stick with us and cheer us no during the rough times, it will only magnitue the good times positevely.

I do think that if we obsess so much and get geeked about the team when they are playing this poorly, that when they finally do succeed our brains might explode or something. Or maybe that's just me. :)

My keys:

1. Actual defense. Stop the run. If possible interceptions hit you on the hands, catch them. Confuse the young QB. Stop 3rd down conversions. We can't get behind early. I know people get down on our offense, but the D has looked sad, especially up front against the run.

2. Balanced offense. Good ball distribution. Avoid 3rd and long.

3. Field position. Mathis time.

4. Avoid stupid stuff.

I think we can win this one. This is an interesting match.

TexansAllTheWayBaby said:

It's awesome to have something to cheer for Sunday night. Did you hear us fans yell when Mathis ran that KO back for a TD, made it 10-7? The fans got into the game the fans was so loud. Then KC made two TD's on their next two possessions. The noise level was nil. Then Carr threw the interception to Warrick for a TD. Stands started to empty then.

It was great cheering for the good of your team, then they turn around and let the air out of your balloon. Just giving the fans a sick at my stomach feeling! It just tears me up and pisses me off at the same time!

bobby 119C:brickwall

As far as the key to beating the Rams.
They aren't any. Just don't think the Texans will win another game with the turmoil going on in this organization!

bobby 119C:brickwall

Key to beating the Rams: Martz calls the plays for STL, Pendry/Fangio/Capers don't call the plays for HOU.

Gotta stop their run or put up an effort more than what has been seen this season. He'll decide the fate of the Rams. They have a backup QB playing, which actually is 2-0 in games he started, so not a complete youngin'.

It's possible, just gotta play smart. Go Texans - I'll be there screamng for ya.

:texflag: The Rams start two rookies on the OL . They are Alex Barron and Claude Terrell .
I bet Steven Jackson and Marshall Faulk combined match Larry Johnson's output . We better be able to score at least 24 points .

caddy said:
Offence , can do it... and if Defence shows up.. well we get another win... now how will the Message board hold up? That will be too funny.. :texflag:

so how can the offense do it?...and how will Caddy hold up if we get blown out?...too funny?:)

caddy said:
Offence , can do it... and if Defence shows up.. well we get another win... now how will the Message board hold up? That will be too funny.. :texflag:

Hey Caddy, what's your take on the game?

Back