My favorite Texan...... Domanick Davis....

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by thunderkyss, Mar 26, 2006.

1. thunderkyss

thunderkyss Salem Poor

[​IMG]

How do you think DD will do in Kubiaks zone bloking system??

He's run for 1000yrds, or there abouts in his first three years in the NFL.
    [​IMG]

When I watch this guy run, I think he can be the next Emitt Smith. While the Offensive line has helped him in the past, I think he'll flourish behind Kubiak's line. 1600 yards, easy. I believe his injury problems are behind him. First, because of better conditioning, and experience in the NFL. Second, because he won't be getting tackled as often by 250-300 lbs defensive linemen. I think DD has the vision Kubiak likes to see in his running backs, DD will get into the secondary more often, and punish those little guys. HE will shock and awe many many Texans fans.

2. TexansTrueFan

TexansTrueFan Hall of Fame

ur my new best friend :ok: i think D.D has potential to be one of the best RBs in the league. but alot of people dont seem to think so !

3. The Dude Abides

The Dude Abides Hall of Fame

I like DD. I hope that him only playing in 11 games last year will be the last time that happens. He seems to always be playing with some type of injury.

4. LORK 88

LORK 88 Wreck'em Ŧech!

Good, I thought I was the only one who still like DD!! If he can gain over 3000 yards in 3 seasons with our O Line, imagine what he can do in the new system!!

5. tulexan

tulexan Hall of Fame

And then get caught by the big guys after 15 yards.

6. RB5

RB5 Rookie

Yeah, it pains me to think that we're very likely to use the first pick in the draft on someone who plays the same position as our best player. Still like DD and I think Bush could make him more effective. He may not go for 1500 yards but I'm willing to bet he'll get more ypc and make it through the whole season healthy.

And with Bush in the slot and a solid TE, maybe less attention will be paid to Davis coming out of the backfield. Whatever happens, I hope he's still a big part of the offense.

7. el toro

el toro All Pro

Adding Bush plus the other additions this offseason will give opposing defenses plenty to fear. Not only will you have Bush in the backfield and threat to go to the slot on multiple downs but you have an actual receiving TE. Add a couple of wideouts and either DD or Cook in the backfield and you should have a fairly potent offense.

The addition of Bush should lighten the load on DD a little and also draw some defensive attention away from him. All told it should be a great thing for the team. That is, if you aren't wearing burnt-orange glasses.

8. Runner

Runner Hubcap Diamond Staff Member

I'm not sure he'll gain much more in the new system - other players will finally be carrying some of the load. Now he may very well get his 1000 on fewer carries, and that's a good thing.

9. travfrancis

travfrancis Veteran

i think dom davis is a great fit for the zone blocking scheme, should be a good year for him.

10. Kaiser Toro

Kaiser Toro Native Mod

It is unamusing that the Kubiak effect will only take hold on Carr. I think DD will be the greatest benefactor of the Kubiak addition.

We have a proven known commodity in DD that we just signed to a new contract and have a very nice change of pace back in Morency. Kubiak has had success in working with late round picks at RB and OL. We should use this knowledge to build the defense at the top of the draft.

11. DominickDavisFan76

DominickDavisFan76 Veteran

I like dominick davis, if u dont believe me, check my name.

the reason that I quoted his words is that he said he qould get caught after 15 yards....Ummmm Ill take 15 yards on every run play wouldnt u?:cool:

12. run-david-run

run-david-run Hall of Fame

The thing is, most of his injuries are as a result of over use. Last year he had fluid build up in his knee, ussually running backs get that injury because they get used too much. It also happened to be right after the Indy game where he had 22 caries in the first half. We really had nothing resembeling a 2 back system. Jonathon wells had less then 30 carries had DD not gotten hurt and he would have had about 2 carries a game, on a running team! If Kubes splits a little of the work between DD, Morency and Wells, we dont need Bush.

13. thunderkyss

thunderkyss Salem Poor

That's good........ we'll win the T.O.P. game as well.

We need to teach DD to do that thing Michael Irvin used to do after his 11 yard catch, when the DBs thought they did something...........

FIRST DOWN.....

14. DominickDavisFan76

DominickDavisFan76 Veteran

Ok so we have all come to a conclusion that DD is going to be a pro bowler as long as he gets a decent OL, because he will make the DBs fall trying to tackle him.

Kaiser Toro likes this.
  15. Bobo

Bobo Hall of Fame

Seems like you are politicking for Davis simply because you want them to draft Vince rather than Bush. Personally, I hope they somehow trade the pick and get tons of draft choices for it so they can get a bunch of guys and play spaghetti. In other words, throw the noodles on the wall until something sticks.

16. Kaiser Toro

Kaiser Toro Native Mod

You have pretty much tagged the lowest common denominator of every critique of an offensive player post/thread that we have on this board.

17. Bubbajwp

Bubbajwp All Flopper

3195 yds in three years isnt hardly a Pro bowl RB.

18. ClintonPortis26

ClintonPortis26 Rookie

Depends if they draft reggie and start him...

Reggie Bush: 1,100-1,450 Yards 6-14 Touchdowns
    Domanick Davis: 1304-1575 Yards 7-13 Touchdowns

If you somhow got your hands on DeAngelo Williams...yea...

DeAngelo Williams: 1,400-1600 Yards 8-15 Touchdowns

DeAngelo Williams seems like the best running back in this draft and the perfect fit for Kubiaks system.

19. Bubbajwp

Bubbajwp All Flopper

So not scoring so we can win T. O. P. is going to help us win how?

20. keyfro

keyfro Hall of Fame

DD is going to flourish in kubiak's system not because he's the best back for the system but because reggie bush will be taking about 10-15 carries away from him...he might not like that...some of his most loyal fans might not like that...but in the long run splitting carries with bush is going to do wonders for his career here in houston